Sign in with
Your question

Which One of these 3?Confused...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 24, 2012 7:40:26 PM

Hello, I'm buying a new graphics card and I'm really confused about which one I should use.

I only want to choose between these 3, so don't recommend any others :) 

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

GeForce GTX 480

Radeon 6870

Here Are My Specs:

RAM: 8 Gb

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz

Case: MasterCooler 430 Black

PSU: 550 Watt

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 Gb

My Budget is about $230

Thanks for your help!

More about : confused

a c 624 U Graphics card
April 24, 2012 8:23:35 PM

The one I would get is the GTX 560 Ti. It is significantly faster than the 6870 and almost as fast as the GTX 480. The 560 Ti will run much quieter and cooler than the 480, and consume less power. The GTX 560 Ti also overclocks very easily and will meet or beat the GTX 480 performance when overclocked.

April 24, 2012 8:37:09 PM

Ov3rkiLL said:
Hello, I'm buying a new graphics card and I'm really confused about which one I should use.

I only want to choose between these 3, so don't recommend any others :) 

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

GeForce GTX 480

Radeon 6870

Here Are My Specs:

RAM: 8 Gb

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 Ghz

Case: MasterCooler 430 Black

PSU: 550 Watt

Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 Gb

My Budget is about $230

Thanks for your help!

What games do you plan on playing? If BF3 is one of them then I would recommend the 480 because of the extra VRAM and you can use AA in BF3 with no problem. 480 does consume more power though. The price point is pretty good on Newegg atm for the 480 at about $210 also.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 24, 2012 9:48:28 PM

chase3567 said:
What games do you plan on playing? If BF3 is one of them then I would recommend the 480 because of the extra VRAM and you can use AA in BF3 with no problem. 480 does consume more power though. The price point is pretty good on Newegg atm for the 480 at about $210 also.

I do not promote the 480... they are prone to... melting.
April 24, 2012 10:03:37 PM

mouse24 said:
I do not promote the 480... they are prone to... melting.

Way to answer the OP's question. I think a lot of people on this forum look to attack others suggestions if they don't agree with them. I don't care or didn't ask what you promoted. The OP asked question and I gave him my opinion and you have a different one of the cards he asked about then give him an answer. You just quoted and attacked which is normal in these forums.

Yes people have a lot of knowledge that answer questions but others look to flame.

Have a nice day.
a b U Graphics card
April 25, 2012 12:42:31 AM

chase3567 said:
Way to answer the OP's question. I think a lot of people on this forum look to attack others suggestions if they don't agree with them. I don't care or didn't ask what you promoted. The OP asked question and I gave him my opinion and you have a different one of the cards he asked about then give him an answer. You just quoted and attacked which is normal in these forums.

Yes people have a lot of knowledge that answer questions but others look to flame.

Have a nice day.

You are the only one flaming here, I was warning the OP about the risk of those 480s, they produce massive amounts of heat.

Regardless if you think the 480 is the best card in the world it just doesn't matter to me I was providing a fact about that specific card that the OP might not have known.

If you stick a 480 in a stock dell case you are just asking for trouble. Perhaps promote was the wrong word to choose.

As for my answer to the OP, the 560ti is faster then the 6870.

I assume they are using an open bench. thats very near the thermal limits of the card.
!