Mouse Single-click Option

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? I had configured
my mouse for left single-click to open files and programs.
It worked well all these months but suddenly today I find
that the single-click for opening folders and files is no
longer available, and it only highlights. I went into
Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options and noticed that the
Single Click to open items is greyed out and only
double-click is available. Please help.
3 answers Last reply
More about mouse single click option

    Scorpio,

    Turn Off the Classic shell:

    "Single-click to open an item" in the Folder Options is grayed out:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555140
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/singleclickfolder.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Scorpio" <scorpio@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? I had configured
    > my mouse for left single-click to open files and programs.
    > It worked well all these months but suddenly today I find
    > that the single-click for opening folders and files is no
    > longer available, and it only highlights. I went into
    > Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options and noticed that the
    > Single Click to open items is greyed out and only
    > double-click is available. Please help.

    Thanks, Ramesh. Single-click option is now available.

    | Scorpio,
    |
    | Turn Off the Classic shell:
    |
    | "Single-click to open an item" in the Folder Options is
    grayed out:
    | http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555140
    | http://windowsxp.mvps.org/singleclickfolder.htm
    |
    | --
    | Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    | Windows XP Shell/User
    | http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    |

    | "Scorpio" <scorpio@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    | > Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? I had
    configured
    | > my mouse for left single-click to open files and
    programs.
    | > It worked well all these months but suddenly today I
    find
    | > that the single-click for opening folders and files is
    no
    | > longer available, and it only highlights. I went into
    | > Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options and noticed that
    the
    | > Single Click to open items is greyed out and only
    | > double-click is available. Please help.

    Thanks for posting back, Scorpio.

    --

    > Thanks, Ramesh. Single-click option is now available.

    > | Scorpio,
    > |
    > | Turn Off the Classic shell:
    > |
    > | "Single-click to open an item" in the Folder Options is
    > grayed out:

    <snip>

Configuration Mice Customization Windows XP