Handbrake + Quicksync?

mc605700

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2010
A few weeks ago I found an article that indicated that Handbrake was in beta for a new release that used Intels Quicksync. I can't seem to find the article anymore but does anyone have any information about this?

Does Handbrake use Quicksync now?

On a side note most of the information I can find about Quicksync seems to be from the SandyBridge launch. And there seem to be only a smattering of reviews/information about the changes to Quick sync from HD3000 to HD2500/4000. Is it just me or has Intel done a terrible job promoting/encouraging developers to use this feature?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but since it is a processor feature it seemed like the right place to put it. I'm considering a new system build and I do a lot of transcoding video files and I was wondering if the investment in Quicksync is worth it if I'm not planning to spend a lot of money on video editing software.

if i were to take the recent bench in this image

handbrake.png

i would assume that handbrake doesn't either use or not utilize quicksync well, as i5's had got beaten by the new FX-8350 in this scenario.