Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What do you think to this build?

Last response: in Systems
Share
June 19, 2012 10:34:12 PM

So this is for gaming only really, my first build, wondering if anyone could pick me a DVD Drive, check for compatablity, and offer a cost cut if i could. I'll give best answer if you tell me how to do it :lol: 

EDIT: Has anyone ever used a seagate HDD? It's just their really cheap and it could save me money and get me a bigger drive, thing is i need it to not break in a years time...

Case: Coolmaster Elite 430 £45
http://www.ebuyer.com/233740-coolermaster-elite-430-all...

Motherboard: Asus p8z77v LK

CPU: i5-3570k £180
http://www.dabs.com/products/intel-core-i5-3570k-s1155-...

OS: Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit £70

GPU: Sapphire radeon 7850 £180
http://www.dabs.com/products/sapphire-technology-ati-ra...

HDD: Western Digital 1 TB 7200rpm £90
http://www.dabs.com/products/western-digital-1tb-caviar...

DVD:

PSU: Corsair TX 650 V2 650w £75
http://www.dabs.com/products/corsair-650w-enthusiast-se...

RAM:G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory £40
http://www.ebuyer.com/264750-g-skill-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-r...

Many Thanks in advance!

More about : build

June 19, 2012 10:40:15 PM

I generally use Lite On, LG, and Plextor for DVD drives and don't touch anything else.

I don't see a case listed, what case are you going with? I'd recommend an HAF 912 or Corsair Carbide 300R to go with that build.

Other than that there's nothing I would change - all looks good to me!
June 19, 2012 10:47:37 PM

g-unit1111 said:
I generally use Lite On, LG, and Plextor for DVD drives and don't touch anything else.

I don't see a case listed, what case are you going with? I'd recommend an HAF 912 or Corsair Carbide 300R to go with that build.

Other than that there's nothing I would change - all looks good to me!


Havent decided yet, just added it in, might get a casecom, have high reviews and only £25, need to save as have gone over the £700 limit, but if im gonna do this, might as well get it right, right?
Related resources
June 19, 2012 11:38:14 PM

Well, to save money, you could go away from OCing.

OR

You could get a cheaper mobo. Like the Gigabyte Z77-D3H or the Asrock Pro4. You won't really lose a ton other than an additional PCI-3.0 slot.

Anything else and you will be sacrificing performance.
June 19, 2012 11:49:56 PM

cranked said:
Well, to save money, you could go away from OCing.

OR

You could get a cheaper mobo. Like the Gigabyte Z77-D3H or the Asrock Pro4. You won't really lose a ton other than an additional PCI-3.0 slot.

Anything else and you will be sacrificing performance.


Think I'll stick with mine but depending on what reviews the asrock has it might be a buy...
June 19, 2012 11:51:55 PM

Your build is fine, I wasn't criticizing. You just asked where to save some money. ;) 

The mobo is one place you can without sacrificing performance.
June 19, 2012 11:56:52 PM

spat55 said:
Havent decided yet, just added it in, might get a casecom, have high reviews and only £25, need to save as have gone over the £700 limit, but if im gonna do this, might as well get it right, right?


Yeah exactly - I'd rather get it right the first time than have something go wrong or you get some junk parts you don't need.
June 20, 2012 12:06:28 AM

cranked said:
Your build is fine, I wasn't criticizing. You just asked where to save some money. ;) 

The mobo is one place you can without sacrificing performance.


Yeah, i know you weren't critcizing, i know it is the only place i could save without losing performance, gonna get a cheap case and DVD drive.
June 20, 2012 12:52:27 AM

spat55 said:
http://www.ebuyer.com/172779-casecom-6788-all-black-cas...

would this fit everything in? try and find me a decent case if you can under £50 if you dont mind, its ok if you dont want to but if you could it would be ace!!

OR THIS

http://www.ebuyer.com/233740-coolermaster-elite-430-all...


The Cooler Master will have no trouble, the first case looks pretty similar to the Rosewill Challenger but if you get that one be sure to check the interior dimensions before buying.
June 20, 2012 1:06:04 AM

g-unit1111 said:
The Cooler Master will have no trouble, the first case looks pretty similar to the Rosewill Challenger but if you get that one be sure to check the interior dimensions before buying.


Ok getting the coolmaster, if it will have no trouble.
June 20, 2012 2:03:31 PM

I'm gonna bump as it hasn't been active for a day, and i dont want to make a new thread
June 20, 2012 5:53:24 PM

spat55 said:
Ok getting the coolmaster, if it will have no trouble.


Yeah I used the Elite 430 in a friend's build - that should work fine.
!