Sign in with
Your question

No DTS from pc to tv (hdmi) and tv to amp (spdif) connection

Last response: in Components
October 23, 2012 7:11:24 AM

Hi
my pc is connected to the LG32 inch LE4500 tv with hdmi cabel and i'm getting sound from my tv.I have connected the tv to my onkyo ht s3400 amp with fiber optic cable (spdif) but i'm getting only mono sound from it no DTS.All realtek drivers are installed from the dh67cl intel motherboard cd .What am i doing wrong?I've spent hours trying to figure it out but it wont work i even reinstalled win7 .before re install of win7 i was getting dts from the amp but it stopped suddenly.I'm a newbie at all this so please help .
The options in the sound card realtek software are DIGITAL OUTPUT,DIGITAL OUTPUT (OPTICAL),SPEAKERS and MICROPHONE.Win7 shows my LG tv and when i right click on it and click TEST i can hear sound.When i do the same with SPEAKERS,REALTEK DIGITAL OUTPUT AND DIGITAL OUTPUT (OPTICAL) i see the green bars move up and down but cannot hear any sound .
What am i doing wrong .
Thank You.
October 23, 2012 7:14:58 AM

Same thing with my pioneer 521-k Just plug your HDMI to your receiver and then plug a different HDMI to your TV that is what i did.
m
l
October 23, 2012 7:24:35 AM

jdwii said:
Same thing with my pioneer 521-k Just plug your HDMI to your receiver and then plug a different HDMI to your TV that is what i did.

thats the easiest way to do it but i dont use the amp all the time and i'll have to turn on my amp once everytime i want sound frm my tv and i dont want to have to do that.There has got to be a way to get dts frm my tv to the amp i just want to find it.
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2012 8:39:22 AM

divyabhatia said:
thats the easiest way to do it but i dont use the amp all the time and i'll have to turn on my amp once everytime i want sound frm my tv and i dont want to have to do that.There has got to be a way to get dts frm my tv to the amp i just want to find it.

I'm telling you their is no other way to do it, If you're really concerned the only other option would be a HDMI switch
Like this one
http://sewelldirect.com/2x1-or-1x2-HDMI-Bi-Directional-...

I'm really into home theater as well as its my other hobby besides PC's so i'm no noob here the only possible way is to do what i said (about the HDMI to the receiver to the tv) and under settings enable control and ARC and try to see if their is sound on your TV(your tv has to support this feature) You are not going to find a solution under any type of driver/software.
m
l
October 23, 2012 12:17:35 PM

just installed power dvd 11 and used audio options to use only hdmi.DTS now works with power dvd .need to get it working with vlc.
m
l
October 23, 2012 12:19:02 PM

jdwii said:
I'm telling you their is no other way to do it, If you're really concerned the only other option would be a HDMI switch
Like this one
http://sewelldirect.com/2x1-or-1x2-HDMI-Bi-Directional-...

I'm really into home theater as well as its my other hobby besides PC's so i'm no noob here the only possible way is to do what i said (about the HDMI to the receiver to the tv) and under settings enable control and ARC and try to see if their is sound on your TV(your tv has to support this feature) You are not going to find a solution under any type of driver/software.

just installed power dvd 11 and used audio options to use only hdmi.DTS now works with power dvd .need to get it working with vlc.

m
l
October 23, 2012 5:53:00 PM

divyabhatia said:

I have to admit i'm surprised my TV would not work that way.
m
l
October 23, 2012 6:06:05 PM

jdwii said:
I have to admit i'm surprised my TV would not work that way.

whats your tv's model number?

this is what i did in power dvd 11 and even 12

right click on playing movie/video goto setting>audio>speaker enviornment :o nly HDMI.Output mode should be Non Decoded dolby digital/dts frm external device.
m
l
February 21, 2013 5:43:59 PM

I don't know a single TV that supports outputing Dolby/DTS over its optical out. Read your TV manual; that is probably hidden somewhere in there.
m
l
September 28, 2013 6:37:43 AM

Ok; before you go any further.

I have been PLAGUED with this problem for years now (trying to get my laptop top play sound [as well as video] through mu HDMI cable form my laptop to my TV VIA MY ONYKO 7.1.
our
The trick is; to first bang your head against the wall scremaing about how screwed up the manufacturers are; for the first two years; and then you update to Windows 8.1 and scream some more; and then you go to CONTROL PANEL. Then you DELETE ALL YOUR SOUND DRIVERS (not the software also);
then you re-boot yoru computer whilst your TV and ONKYO/AMP is conneccted via HDMI, and then they all fidn the right drivers and you can get sound via your HDMI.

Anything else is a screwed up guessing game of stuff to make people use a basebll bat on their laptop and Tv.

Have fun y`all...

m
l
September 28, 2013 6:37:47 AM

I have been PLAGUED with this problem for years now (trying to get my laptop to play sound [as well as video] through my HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV VIA MY ONYKO 7.1.

The trick is; to first bang your head against the wall screaming about how screwed up the manufacturers are; for the first two years; and then you update to Windows 8.1 and scream some more; and then you go to CONTROL PANEL; then you DELETE ALL YOUR SOUND DRIVERS (not the software also);
then you re-boot your computer whilst your TV and ONKYO/AMP is conneccted via HDMI, and then they all find the right drivers (onthe net [KEEP THE NET CONNECTED ON THE RE-BOOT]) and you can get sound via your HDMI when its all up and be-booted again.

Anything else is a screwed up guessing game of stuff to make people use a basebll bat on their laptop and Tv.

Have fun y`all...

m
l
!