Soundcard Upgrade Advice

majicaldutch

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
Hello everyone! I just purchased this computer from newegg.com
CyberpowerPC Gamer Zeus System 2000L Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-8150(3.6GHz) 8GB DDR3 2TB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

It is more powerful than anything I have ever looked at, my only question is about the sound. It says the sound is integrated, but 7.1

I play the guitar and plan on recording some music with this computer.

I would like to know if it is worth upgrading my sound card, and if I can. I cannot quite understand the avaiable pci card slot information on newegg, so if anyone could help me with this rather trivial matter I would really appreciate it.

majicaldutch

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I used to use fruity loop s on a toshiba laptop bit after so many layers I, would start to get click and unimaginable mudding of sound. I supposed it could be less processing and ram on the laptop thst was the issue

teh_gerbil

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Naw, audio processing can be theoretically done on a 386.

That sounds like a broken sound card, or broken drivers.

For this one, I would say, use the current sound card onboard together with Fruity Loops studio if you have it still, if not, may I recommend Sony's Soundforge, I've used before and quite liked it.

As long as you have a x1 slot which is that small slot that's about2 inches long , you can add the sound card. You can also have several sound devices on the Pc and all you do is select which one you want to use as the default. It's worth adding the second sound device if that's what you want to do. The pc that you just purchased has two of the x1 slots so there is a place for the sound card but it already has 7.1 channel sound and in most cases that is enough. The good thing about it being included is that you didn't pay extra for it and you can try useing it and if it doesn't work for you then you could add another sound card and it's real easy to install.