Sign in with
Your question

Corsair h100 opposite fan directions???

Last response: in Components
October 23, 2012 7:23:02 AM

if i had the h100 set up with 2 fans in opposite directions, would there be any difference in temp? worse or better? im just trying to be creative :p 

http://qupload.com/?v=photoxrx.jpg
October 23, 2012 7:29:25 AM

You half to test all different ways to find what you give you the best temps i would say if your getting good temps then your fine
m
l
October 23, 2012 7:45:54 AM

i would think your choice in negative or positive interior case pressure would affect the outcome.
m
l
Related resources
October 23, 2012 10:12:14 AM

It would spoil airflow. The fans at the front are bringing air in, and thats fighting the top fan blowing air in also. It might not be much of a difference but you are better off doing it conventionally, there's a reason that's how they are made to be used.
m
l
October 23, 2012 10:30:28 AM

my airflow right now is like this

http://qupload.com/?v=myairflow.jpg

is that fine? or should i flip the h100 fans to be exhaust.

and i want to try to keep a positive airflow and i also have a 200mm intake fan on the side. its a bitfenix spectre pro white LED running at 7Volts with a noise reducer thingy
m
l
October 23, 2012 10:37:35 AM

Personally i would flip them over. People stress too much about having warm air going up through their rad. Dont worry if you have good airflow, and it looks like you do, it wont be an issue. I would compare temps underloads each way to decide it. Remember everyones situation is different.
m
l
October 23, 2012 10:40:28 AM

You should get yourself four Cougars Vortex fans or gentle typhoon fans those are top notch i use both personally
m
l
October 23, 2012 10:49:02 AM

well i have SilverStone AP121 on that Rads, and i was thinking of putting the AP121 as the front intakes, and then buy 2 noctua NF F12 Fans and put them on the rad, and i guess ill put them as exhaust. and somebody suggested i change my exhaust fan to anything other than the af140, cause it has little to no cfm.
m
l
October 23, 2012 10:53:25 AM

shirokado said:
well i have SilverStone AP121 on that Rads, and i was thinking of putting the AP121 as the front intakes, and then buy 2 noctua NF F12 Fans and put them on the rad, and i guess ill put them as exhaust. and somebody suggested i change my exhaust fan to anything other than the af140, cause it has little to no cfm.
SilverStone AP121 are pretty good i wouldn't spend allot of money changing those forget i mentioned the others ;) 
m
l
!