Mobile interface

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
I notice in the mobile version of Toms Hardware, you cannot access the forums. Because if you can, I can't get to it.

Maybe the developers could create a mobile version of the forums so it's easier to use them rather than have to use the desktop version of the site on a mobile device like an iphone.

If something like that already exists, I don't know about it.

Solution
We do not have a mobile version of the forums at this time, unfortunately. Like you, I'd love it if I could get on the forums from my Droid or whatever platform you may be using. Hopefully with the new platform coming out pretty soon, the developers may have the flexibility to make a mobile version of the forums.
We do not have a mobile version of the forums at this time, unfortunately. Like you, I'd love it if I could get on the forums from my Droid or whatever platform you may be using. Hopefully with the new platform coming out pretty soon, the developers may have the flexibility to make a mobile version of the forums.

Solution

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
So the new forum software will be more mobile friendly?

I have also noticed at the bottom of the page it says "Subscribe to Toms Hardware", and then it gives the option of iPhone, iPad and Android as a platform. Those are mobile apps so will they be making something for Windows Phone soon?

I'm not sure if the new software will be more mobile friendly, but anything else at this point is probably better than our current forum software, especially on a mobile device. I have no idea if anything is in the works for Windows Phone. JP (community manager) could probably speak better to that than I can at this point.

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
That whooshing sound you hear as soon as the new platform is launched will be all the developers switching over to work on creating a mobile-friendly version. It is definitely high up on the priority list, and something we absolutely need to get done sooner rather than later.