DKU-5 & DKU-2 questions

Hey everyone, just a few questions
Is the 6230 compatible with the DKU-5?
On the other hand, are the older series 40 phones (ie 6610, 7250 etc)
compatible with the newer DKU-2 data cable?
Finally, what is the difference between the new DKU-2 cable and the DKU-5?
Thanks =)

Cheers,
Eminent
3 answers Last reply
More about questions

    "Eminent" <eminent@illuminate.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone, just a few questions
    > Is the 6230 compatible with the DKU-5?

    No, just DKU-2 and third party pop-port FBUS cables (and infrared and
    Bluetooth af course).

    > On the other hand, are the older series 40 phones (ie 6610, 7250 etc)
    > compatible with the newer DKU-2 data cable?

    No, just DKU-5 and FBUS

    > Finally, what is the difference between the new DKU-2 cable and the DKU-5?
    > Thanks =)

    The DKU-5 contains the USB electronics and a microcontroller to perform most
    of the wizardry in the cable. DKU-2 is for connecting to 'USB phones', i.e.
    the phone itself is a USB device, hence the DKU-2 cable to a large extent is
    just a bit of wire (and cheaper as well!)

    So with DKU-5, the cable is the USB device, with DKU-2 the phone is the USB
    device.

    --
    Get your phone connected with LogoManager
    http://www.logomanager.co.uk

    In article <40dc168d$0$27568$ec3e2dad@news.usenetmonster.com>, Mike
    Bradley <mike-nospam@bounce.logomanager.co.uk> writes
    >So with DKU-5, the cable is the USB device, with DKU-2 the phone is the USB
    >device.

    Well you learn something every day.

    The DKU-2 is so much cheaper than data cables of old that I've bought
    two, one for home and one for work :)
    --
    Toby

    > No, just DKU-2 and third party pop-port FBUS cables (and infrared and
    > Bluetooth af course).

    Hmm, so the dku-2-cable is not a fbus-cable?
    But I've seen some software that work with the dku-2-cable and i guess
    that the software uses the fbus-protocol. So how does this fit into
    the picture?

    And what's interesting me even more: with the dku-5-cable you could
    just take every ordinary comport-application and let it work together
    with the cell-phone, send fbus-commands, at-commands. no problem!
    (because of the virtual comport)
    Since the dku-2-cable is just a usb-cable there is no microcontroller
    that converts the signals and no driver, so that you can communicate
    with the phone as a serial device (no virtual comport), right?
    If you want to send at/fbus-commands to the phone over dku-2 you would
    have to send fbus/at-commands that are wrapped in the usb-protocol?

    Juergen

Nokia Internet Explorer Compatibility Cable