clueless08

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Don't know alot about hardware but i've had this pc for a few years, I think its time to upgrade something(s). Any advice would be helpful & more info available upon request (not really sure what to offer.
cpu: 3.40 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4 965
gfx: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
ram: 8gb

I play alot of games, multiple clients/games at once, while streaming music/movies/videos. Just looking for the best over all upgrade(s) available without breaking the bank. Thanks

clueless08

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
not sure how to use the overclock feature lol D;
also yesterday i got a windows message saying i needed to close something due to lack of memory, thats what sparked my interest in upgrading. Not really sure why i got the message.

clueless08

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
ya it didnt sound right to me either lol, ill not exactly what the error was next time if i get it, was just curious if there was anything i should update at this time. thanks for all the posts ^^ could just be a hardware failure with something i have

I believe the 480 is more powerful than the 560 it just draws a lot of power.

Uberperson

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
FYI, if you have an antivirus, or program that is supposed to "optimize" your PC they have a tendency to tell you things like "You may be in danger of having a slow computer/getting a virus if you don't upgrade to super-ultra-plus". Usually they are full of crap. I suggest finding a guide to optimize your OS, and buying a Solid state drive(almost insta-load games/clients).