Duplicate Post Plethora

zdbc13

Distinguished
I know we are always complaining about something, but this just seems to get worse all the time.

In the forums we have been getting many duplicate posts. This is not new, just seems worse lately. I know the new users are probably just submitting their posts multiple times but it's very frustrating when you've gone to a lot of trouble to help someone and then see the post duplicated again and again. I know the moderators are combining as many of these as possible but that isn't very efficient.

Is there any way to test a post to see if it is a duplicate before it is added to the database? It's been a long time since I did programming but I remember we used to do multiple tests for this condition back in the sql days. I know you're working on a new version of this site and I'm sure it will solve a lot of our problems, Can I hope for improvement for this problem?

Thanks.....

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
It sounds like users are just submitting multiple times. I can take a peek at the flood control threshold, to see if we can tweak them a bit. It's a bit of a balancing act between our goofiest n00b and our most prolific forum veteran when adjusting this particular setting, and I usually err on the side of the old-timer who may want to post a few threads in a row. I'll take another look-see though.