Verizon mobile hotspot mifi 4510l

Status
Not open for further replies.

westitzer

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Hello,
What antenna and adapter will work with the 4510L to get better reception in weak signal areas such as the mountains?

Solution
That's actually a pretty informative email you got, I'm going to save this in our wiki at work.

westitzer

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Just trying to get a better cell signal. Verizon finally got back to me. They have an antenna and adapter cable for the MiFi 4510L for about $35.

For those who are interested, here is the email they sent me about their antennas:

"Verizon Wireless does offer customers the option of purchasing an antenna to support our coverage on select devices. We also provide a Network Extender for customers who may be located in remote or buildings areas that do not have immediate access to our service sites. Below I have provided you with a description of these products and services. I have also included an attachment to this email that provide specs for our antenna mounts used to enhance our Mobile Broadband Service.

Please note that the 4G LTE (Long-Term Evolution) Mobile Hotspot Mifi Unit, as referenced in your email, is available to customers with an option to purchase an antenna. Our 4G LTE devices support MIMO (Multiple Input/Multiple Output). MIMO technology uses multiple antennas at both the transmitter and receiver to improve the communication performance. MIMO offers significant increases in data throughput as well as Link Range without additional bandwidth or transmitter power. This is achieved by higher Spectral Efficiency (i.e., more bits per second per hertz of bandwidth) and link reliability or diversity (which reduces fading). Because of these properties, MIMO is an important part of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE strategy.

Presently, our network supports the following types of antennas: MIMO is supported in LTE (B13).

MIMO will cover 4G data throughput efficiently because MIMO offers significant increases in data throughput and Link Range.

The following frequencies are supported on antennas:

Primary antenna (Ant0): LTE(B13), CDMA_dual(BC0, BC1), UMTS_Quad(B1,B2,B5,B8), and GSM_Quad(850,900,1800,1900).

Secondary antenna (Ant1) : LTE(B13), CDMA_dual(BC0, BC1), UMTS_Quad(B1,B2,B5,B8).

The following frequency is supported on the GPS (Global Positioning System) antenna: 1.5Ghz (Gigahertz).

Please note that GPS on the 4G devices is not yet supported by Verizon Wireless.

The following Verizon Wireless devices support external antennas: Pantech supports two (Primary and Secondary), Novatell supports one (Primary).

In addition to providing coverage support for our Broadband Service, Verizon Wireless also offers the Network Extender to enhance wireless indoor voice and data coverage in areas with minimum or no in-building coverage, allowing customers to get the most of their plan minutes while indoors.

This indoor coverage solution operates with existing Verizon Wireless-branded devices and installation is simple - just "plug and play." "

That's actually a pretty informative email you got, I'm going to save this in our wiki at work.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.