Sign in with
Your question

Got a new graphics card, 1 question about disc it came with

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 25, 2012 1:55:15 AM

Got the asus radeon HD 6670 for my dell inspiron 570, it came with a disc to install the AMD catalyst thing. I put it on my computer and everything and its on there, do I need to go into it and click update anywhere or anything? Or does it automatically do that when you install it onto your computer? if I do need to go into anything to update does anyone know how? step-by-step if possible! thanks
a c 203 U Graphics card
April 25, 2012 2:19:12 AM

michaelxps said:
Got the asus radeon HD 6670 for my dell inspiron 570, it came with a disc to install the AMD catalyst thing. I put it on my computer and everything and its on there, do I need to go into it and click update anywhere or anything? Or does it automatically do that when you install it onto your computer? if I do need to go into anything to update does anyone know how? step-by-step if possible! thanks

go to www.amd.com
go under video card drivers
pull down desktop graphics..
then click auto detect
it should pull up the newest drivers for your card if not put the model in on amd site.
m
l
April 25, 2012 2:28:33 AM

sweet man thanks! also could i over clock this? would it hurt my PC?
m
l
a c 203 U Graphics card
April 26, 2012 4:08:15 PM

You can try and over clock the card if you want there are setting in ccc or third party software to change the gpu speed.
with a first time overclock you want to run gpu-z to watch the cpu core temp. then you want to bump the gpu speed up a spall amount (4-5) then run prime95 or other benchmark to see if the card will not lock up or artifact and that the gpu temp is not overly hot. as with any part and how it binned you could get a good speed bump before it locks up or you cant. the danagers of over clocking is you set a setting two high and you burn out what your trying to overclock. the other issues is you can shorten the life of a part.
m
l
Related resources
!