Pixmania - Read before buying from

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
July 29, 2005 1:22:54 PM

I ordered an in stock product from Pixmania last Sunday on express
delivery (24-48 hours)for my daughters birthday tommorow, the web site
says it is still being prepared and not yet dispatched.
I have just got off the phone (for the third time this week) after
speaking to a very unhelpful and unsympaphetic person at Pixmania who
said I may get it sometime next week.
They say I cannot cancel the order only refuse delivery and ask for my
money back.
Absolute shite company in my experience, sorry I used them and will
never darken their website with my credit card again.
Only use this company if you are not bothered when the item is
delivered, you are not bothered about them updating you with
information on your order and are happy to speak to unhelpful people
when you have to ring them to find out where your order is.
This has been my rant.
Use at your peril.... You have been warned.....

Mark

More about : pixmania read buying

Anonymous
July 29, 2005 2:00:55 PM

On 29 Jul 2005 09:22:54 -0700, "shan77" <markpshannon@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I ordered an in stock product from Pixmania last Sunday on express
>delivery (24-48 hours)for my daughters birthday tommorow, the web site
>says it is still being prepared and not yet dispatched.
>I have just got off the phone (for the third time this week) after
>speaking to a very unhelpful and unsympaphetic person at Pixmania who
>said I may get it sometime next week.
>They say I cannot cancel the order only refuse delivery and ask for my
>money back.
>Absolute shite company in my experience, sorry I used them and will
>never darken their website with my credit card again.
>Only use this company if you are not bothered when the item is
>delivered, you are not bothered about them updating you with
>information on your order and are happy to speak to unhelpful people
>when you have to ring them to find out where your order is.
>This has been my rant.
>Use at your peril.... You have been warned.....
>
>Mark

I don't understand. Why can't you cancel the order?
Is this some UK thing?
Go to the FAQ, and see: "How do I cancel my order". Maybe that will
work.

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"

shan77 wrote:
> I ordered an in stock product from Pixmania last Sunday on express
> delivery (24-48 hours)for my daughters birthday tommorow, the web site
> says it is still being prepared and not yet dispatched.
> I have just got off the phone (for the third time this week) after
> speaking to a very unhelpful and unsympaphetic person at Pixmania who
> said I may get it sometime next week.
> They say I cannot cancel the order only refuse delivery and ask for my
> money back.
> Absolute shite company in my experience, sorry I used them and will
> never darken their website with my credit card again.
> Only use this company if you are not bothered when the item is
> delivered, you are not bothered about them updating you with
> information on your order and are happy to speak to unhelpful people
> when you have to ring them to find out where your order is.
> This has been my rant.
> Use at your peril.... You have been warned.....

Have they charged your card yet?
Related resources
July 29, 2005 11:03:06 PM

"Beck" <my_bulkmail@btopenworld.invalid> wrote in message
> shan77 wrote:
> > I ordered an in stock product from Pixmania last Sunday on express
> > delivery (24-48 hours)for my daughters birthday tommorow, the web site
> > says it is still being prepared and not yet dispatched.
> > I have just got off the phone (for the third time this week) after
> > speaking to a very unhelpful and unsympaphetic person at Pixmania who
> > said I may get it sometime next week.
> > They say I cannot cancel the order only refuse delivery and ask for my
> > money back.
> > Absolute shite company in my experience, sorry I used them and will
> > never darken their website with my credit card again.
> > Only use this company if you are not bothered when the item is
> > delivered, you are not bothered about them updating you with
> > information on your order and are happy to speak to unhelpful people
> > when you have to ring them to find out where your order is.
> > This has been my rant.
> > Use at your peril.... You have been warned.....
>
> Have they charged your card yet?

Oh yes... charged it straight away
July 29, 2005 11:04:31 PM

"Bill Funk" <BigBill@there.com> wrote in message
> On 29 Jul 2005 09:22:54 -0700, "shan77" <markpshannon@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I ordered an in stock product from Pixmania last Sunday on express
> >delivery (24-48 hours)for my daughters birthday tommorow, the web site
> >says it is still being prepared and not yet dispatched.
> >I have just got off the phone (for the third time this week) after
> >speaking to a very unhelpful and unsympaphetic person at Pixmania who
> >said I may get it sometime next week.
> >They say I cannot cancel the order only refuse delivery and ask for my
> >money back.
> >Absolute shite company in my experience, sorry I used them and will
> >never darken their website with my credit card again.
> >Only use this company if you are not bothered when the item is
> >delivered, you are not bothered about them updating you with
> >information on your order and are happy to speak to unhelpful people
> >when you have to ring them to find out where your order is.
> >This has been my rant.
> >Use at your peril.... You have been warned.....
> >
> >Mark
>
> I don't understand. Why can't you cancel the order?
> Is this some UK thing?
> Go to the FAQ, and see: "How do I cancel my order". Maybe that will
> work.
>
> --
> Bill Funk
> replace "g" with "a"
> funktionality.blogspot.com

They said it was too late to cancel the order as it was being "prepared"
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:11:31 PM

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:00:55 -0700, Bill Funk
<BigBill@there.com> wrote:

>I don't understand. Why can't you cancel the order?
>Is this some UK thing?

Pixmania are not in the UK, they just pretend to be by using
a .co.uk web address and pricing in sterling.

I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

--
Regards

John Bean
Anonymous
July 29, 2005 11:11:48 PM

John Bean wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:00:55 -0700, Bill Funk
> <BigBill@there.com> wrote:
>
> >I don't understand. Why can't you cancel the order?
> >Is this some UK thing?
>
> Pixmania are not in the UK, they just pretend to be by using
> a .co.uk web address and pricing in sterling.
>
> I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
>
> --
> Regards
>
> John Bean

French, aren't they?
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

Seriously, just do a chargeback on your card.

This does bring up a good question. There aren't any reseller rating
programs such as Bizrate.com, Pricegrabber.com, or Resellerratings.com
for "Stock Photography" sites. It's been assumed that these are "above"
all of the chicanery of places such as Royalcamera.com.

What you need to do is put this up on ripoffreport.com as well as what
you have done here if you really want to warn people off from this
place.

Someone tell me how to start a website for this. I'll be a millionaire
until everyone copies me. I'll have to make up an intellectual property
lawsuit before I open for business. :)
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:21:52 AM

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:11:48 GMT, Paul Heslop
<paul.heslop@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>French, aren't they?

Yes.

--
Regards

John Bean
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 12:29:42 AM

"shan77" <markpshannon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I ordered an in stock product from Pixmania last Sunday on express

If I was to live for another 973 years I wouldn't even consider buying a
sheet of A4 paper from them.
A bunch of absolute crooks.
August 2, 2005 9:47:05 PM

"shan77" <markpshannon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I ordered an in stock product from Pixmania last Sunday on express
> delivery (24-48 hours)for my daughters birthday tommorow, the web site
> says it is still being prepared and not yet dispatched.
> I have just got off the phone (for the third time this week) after
> speaking to a very unhelpful and unsympaphetic person at Pixmania who
> said I may get it sometime next week.
> They say I cannot cancel the order only refuse delivery and ask for my
> money back.
> Absolute shite company in my experience, sorry I used them and will
> never darken their website with my credit card again.
> Only use this company if you are not bothered when the item is
> delivered, you are not bothered about them updating you with
> information on your order and are happy to speak to unhelpful people
> when you have to ring them to find out where your order is.
> This has been my rant.
> Use at your peril.... You have been warned.....
>
> Mark

Arrived today yippee......... only problem is all the instructions are in
French !!!
As I cant read French I called Pixmania who suggested I call the
manufacturer and ask for a set of English instructions to be sent to me!
I re read the above post yesterday and thought maybe I was a bit hard on
them if it was a one off, but after all the problems I now am sure that in
my opinion they are a cowboy outfit and should be steered clear of.
Mark
Anonymous
August 2, 2005 9:47:06 PM

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:47:05 +0100, "marky"
<markpMYPANTSshannon@hotmail.com> wrote:

Snipped

>Arrived today yippee......... only problem is all the instructions are in
>French !!!
>As I cant read French I called Pixmania who suggested I call the
>manufacturer and ask for a set of English instructions to be sent to me!
>I re read the above post yesterday and thought maybe I was a bit hard on
>them if it was a one off, but after all the problems I now am sure that in
>my opinion they are a cowboy outfit and should be steered clear of.
>Mark

You should have checked their 1.24 out of 10 on Resellerratings.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't check out a company on the net
first before doing business with them.

Here's the best place to do it.

http://www.resellerratings.com/

"Les livres font les époques et les nations,
commes les époques et les nations font les livres."

_Mélanges littéraires_
Jean-Jacques Ampère
(1800-1864)
Anonymous
August 3, 2005 1:39:50 PM

"John A. Stovall" <johnastovall@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 17:47:05 +0100, "marky"
> <markpMYPANTSshannon@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Snipped
>
> >Arrived today yippee......... only problem is all the instructions
are in
> >French !!!
> >As I cant read French I called Pixmania who suggested I call the
> >manufacturer and ask for a set of English instructions to be sent
to me!
> >I re read the above post yesterday and thought maybe I was a bit
hard on
> >them if it was a one off, but after all the problems I now am sure
that in
> >my opinion they are a cowboy outfit and should be steered clear of.
> >Mark
> >

> You should have checked their 1.24 out of 10 on Resellerratings.
>
> http://www.resellerratings.com/seller4577.html
>
> I don't understand why anyone wouldn't check out a company on the
net
> first before doing business with them.
>
> Here's the best place to do it.
>
> http://www.resellerratings.com/

Pixmania is a French company that export European spec products to the
UK, so I'd be surprised if the instructions were in English.

As long as everyone is aware of these facts they represent reasonable
value for money.

I'm not sure of the warranty situation though when buying non-UK spec
electrical products.

Caveat emptor!
Anonymous
August 10, 2005 3:35:30 AM

>Pixmania is a French company that export European spec products to the
>UK, so I'd be surprised if the instructions were in English.
>
>As long as everyone is aware of these facts they represent reasonable
>value for money.
>
>I'm not sure of the warranty situation though when buying non-UK spec
>electrical products.
>
>Caveat emptor!

I ordered my wife's christmas present (an Exilim) from them at 11am on
December 23rd. Arrived at 10am Chrimbo Eve as promised - with UK
manuals.

My sister had a Canon from them this Christmas - instructions in
French. Had to print a manual from Canon's Canadian site - in the UK
you had to buy it, not download it!

Anyway, it broke a few months later but Pixmania sorted out a UK
repair very efficiently without quibble. I believe EU law prevents
manufacturers discriminating against European imports (which doesn't
mean it never happens)...

--

Tim Hobbs

'58 Series 2 88" aka "Stig"