Closed Solved

Can we use Toothpaste??

Hi Guys,

I was wondering, Can we use Toothpaste (BIG TIME LOL) as a Thermal Paste as in many factors, They are the same.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about toothpaste
  1. n4v1n said:
    Hi Guys,

I was wondering, Can we use Toothpaste (BIG TIME LOL) as a Thermal Paste as in many factors, They are the same.

You can use whatever you want, you can use cement for all I care but it's not recommended. Use thermal paste it's what is suppose to be used and it works the best.
  2. You might be able to use toothpaste to polish the bottom of a CPU heatsink, but that is about it.
  3. Unless you got SILVER in your toothpaste...
  4. Be sure to get the kind with little beads of mouthwash or the kind with flakes of listerine strips if you must.

edit: (This was a joke)
  5. Best answer
  6. Yes. Use Colgate, though. Any other brand simply won't do. And while you're at it, get a H100 and put some Listerine in that bad boy.
  7. Make your CPU chew Orbit gum, for a good clean feeling.
  8. From the chart that Supermuncher linked, it seems you'd be better off using mayonnaise rather than toothpaste.
  9. Supermuncher85 said:

The only intelligent answer in this post; I remember reading this. Yes, apparently it works, for a while anyway. Notice it degrades though, even in as little as 12 hours. It might be something you could use on a stock system for the time it takes to get some real TIM. Incidentally, Radio Shack carries a number of good pastes, including AS5. Their prices are a little higher than online of course, but there's no shipping cost, and no waiting.
  10. Best answer selected by n4v1n.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Thermal Compound Product