6 Pin Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
My Graphics Card came with a 6-Pin Connector into 4 Molex Connector with 2 4-Pin Molex Connector and 1 6-pin Connector (Should i only attach one or two 4pin-molex ) because i have a 550Watt Powersupply ZPower Elements Gaming Series

Solution
G

Houston, we have a problem.

i/we know what you have. the problem is your PSU. what little info i found is that it has 3 molex connections and a floppy connection.

TWO molex are on one wire/lead with ONE molex and floppy on the other.

so to connect both connectors you either
A) use TWO molex on the same wire/lead (not good)
B) use ONE molex that is the same wire/lead...
G

use both molex connections and NOT from the same WIRE!

EDIT:
how many molex connections do you have. 3 with 1 floppy? (2 on one wire with a molex and floppy on another?)

what graphics card are you putting it?

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
gfP-PjcEWqn4deQQnMFz__Rq1kGQXl49b6kqTNDIrETCqakqFjsmpiik5lf9yj_R3-42Zfe8TuvvPSwtT2WwnOeyS1c6v-iPJ2_ddLgoywg2Cf36YuqjL55Lr5dDuEh6Y4MDLScfAovSIU2S5Cbwl08vo25PVcdFD5QAxw

Talking about this 6-Pin Connector in 4 Molex Connectors. ( I Currently using 1 of the molex) Cause when i used 2 it maybe altering my CPU / GPU Speed

G

Houston, we have a problem.

i/we know what you have. the problem is your PSU. what little info i found is that it has 3 molex connections and a floppy connection.

TWO molex are on one wire/lead with ONE molex and floppy on the other.

so to connect both connectors you either
A) use TWO molex on the same wire/lead (not good)
B) use ONE molex that is the same wire/lead as your floppy and ONE molex that is on the same wire/lead as the other is connected to your Hard Drive. (not good either!!)

Solution

The problem is that he's using only 1, not 2 connectors (as needed). Plus Floppy drive cable goes to case fans nowadays :p

G

i think his PSU is old and doesn't have a PCI power connection. the site i went to for info gave me a malware warning, that i ignored so i will NOT post it here.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012
MY cousin gave it to me it only came with few molex connectors no 6 pin snice this PSU Support Pentium 4 and AMD64 and mostly for AGP Motherboard.

A Special Edition Power Supply

It actally has 3 sets of Molexs Connectors.

I used 2 directly from my PSU after detaching the Molex from CD Drive (Which i dont use that much at all)

Comments on Bottoms VVVVVVVv

Status
Not open for further replies.