Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Last response: in Forum Feedback
January 12, 2013 12:44:14 PM

This a terrible thing to waste a thread on and I hope it doesn't come off as trolling, but why can't I change my avatar? I threw the thing up there as a goof when I first joined and as it has nothing to do with gaming I'd like to change it to something more relevant, but it wont change. It will delete but when I download/upload a new one it just post the old one.

More about : avatar

January 12, 2013 7:25:20 PM

One of the admins will have to personally vet your new avatar, hence why it does not change immediately. Give it a day or so and they'll get to it.
January 12, 2013 7:59:52 PM

buwish said:
One of the admins will have to personally vet your new avatar, hence why it does not change immediately. Give it a day or so and they'll get to it.

I'll give that a shot but it seems that it just puts my old avatar up here as soon as I hit enter and then nothing. I waited a day last time I tried but I guess it wasn't long enough. Thanks.
Related resources
January 14, 2013 1:33:49 PM

Let me know if this problem persists for you. It sounds very much like another issue someone is having, and there might be more to this than the approval process for a new avatar.
January 14, 2013 1:50:16 PM

jpishgar said:
Let me know if this problem persists for you. It sounds very much like another issue someone is having, and there might be more to this than the approval process for a new avatar.

Its been roughly two days since I requested the change and still nothing. I was thinking of deleting it completely, waiting two days, and then uploading a new image to see if that works. I really appreciate any help you can give me but I want to stress this is not a huge concern and it would kill me if I thought anyone was losing any sleep trying to solve this problem.
January 14, 2013 2:46:05 PM

im having the same issue, and nothing works jpishgar, im very annoyed by this.

any help would be great.

January 14, 2013 6:21:29 PM

Mine just changed. Took about 2 days of wait but it finally went through.
January 14, 2013 6:25:14 PM

ive tried many times, and waited many days, nothings working sadly :( 

Best solution

January 15, 2013 3:58:20 AM

Upload it with a different file type (jpg, png and gif are supported). There is a bug hanging around which prevents existing avatars from being removed, so the only option is to make one with another file extension. Uploading an avatar with an extension that already exists will just cause the old avatar to show up. Unfortunately this means you have at most 3 avatars to play with and then you're stuck. I really wish that they would fix this.
January 15, 2013 7:14:54 AM

Best answer selected by tinyE.
January 15, 2013 1:23:10 PM

alright thanks randomizer
January 15, 2013 10:40:16 PM

Okay, I'm confused! It switched my avatar, like I asked, for about 24 hours and then reverted back to my old one. HUH!? ahh screw it. Life is too short. :D 
January 15, 2013 10:47:28 PM

?

February 10, 2013 2:07:58 PM

this is happening to me too!!!
why?
im trying .gif now...

admins, please do something!
im tired of my intel logo...
February 10, 2013 5:14:46 PM

u got maximum of 3 pics than its locked. gotta wait till the next forum update.

!