bmp or gif problem

Hello

I have a program ACDSee to read .bmp or .gif files . Everytime I cdouble
clicjk on such files, Media Player opens and says "cannot read file". How
can I force MediaPlayer to keep quiet and not interfer with ACDSee? Thanks

J-Louis
3 answers Last reply
More about problem

    Hi,

    How to change file associations in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307859

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "jlbelard" <jlbelard@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a program ACDSee to read .bmp or .gif files . Everytime I cdouble
    > clicjk on such files, Media Player opens and says "cannot read file". How
    > can I force MediaPlayer to keep quiet and not interfer with ACDSee?
    > Thanks
    >
    > J-Louis

    Thanks a lot Ramesh for an excellent and very fast response

    J-Louis
    > Hi,
    >
    > How to change file associations in Windows XP:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307859
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "jlbelard" <jlbelard@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Hello
    > >
    > > I have a program ACDSee to read .bmp or .gif files . Everytime I
    cdouble
    > > clicjk on such files, Media Player opens and says "cannot read file".
    How
    > > can I force MediaPlayer to keep quiet and not interfer with ACDSee?
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > J-Louis

    You're welcome Louis.

    --

    > Thanks a lot Ramesh for an excellent and very fast response
    >
    > J-Louis
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> How to change file associations in Windows XP:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307859
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "jlbelard" <jlbelard@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> > Hello
    >> >
    >> > I have a program ACDSee to read .bmp or .gif files . Everytime I
    > cdouble
    >> > clicjk on such files, Media Player opens and says "cannot read file".
    > How
    >> > can I force MediaPlayer to keep quiet and not interfer with ACDSee?
    >> > Thanks
    >> >
    >> > J-Louis

Configuration Microsoft Customization Media Player Windows XP