bmp or gif problem

Hello

I have a program ACDSee to read .bmp or .gif files . Everytime I cdouble
clicjk on such files, Media Player opens and says "cannot read file". How
can I force MediaPlayer to keep quiet and not interfer with ACDSee? Thanks

J-Louis

Hi,

How to change file associations in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307859

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"jlbelard" <jlbelard@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have a program ACDSee to read .bmp or .gif files . Everytime I cdouble
> clicjk on such files, Media Player opens and says "cannot read file". How
> can I force MediaPlayer to keep quiet and not interfer with ACDSee?
> Thanks
>
> J-Louis

Thanks a lot Ramesh for an excellent and very fast response

J-Louis
> Hi,
>
> How to change file associations in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307859
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "jlbelard" <jlbelard@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > I have a program ACDSee to read .bmp or .gif files . Everytime I
cdouble
> > clicjk on such files, Media Player opens and says "cannot read file".
How
> > can I force MediaPlayer to keep quiet and not interfer with ACDSee?
> > Thanks
> >
> > J-Louis

You're welcome Louis.