photo papers

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 29, 2005 4:35:39 PM

Hello,

I've always received good info from ya'l,l and I'm going to ask again.

Just bought some "bargain" Fujifilm Premium PLUS photo paper to use for my
snapshots. I do all of my own printing on my Epson 1270.

Sometimes, the paper and my knowledge don't gell. For instance, I used an
Ilford Printasia and have had disasters from using my Epson inks on that,
even though I choose to print according to the ilford guidelines for the
1270.

Anyone have better information to share about what settings to use for the
Fujifilm and again the Ilford Printasia Pearl?

I thank you,

Hiker

More about : photo papers

July 30, 2005 7:53:39 PM

HIKER4LIFE wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've always received good info from ya'l,l and I'm going to ask again.
>
> Just bought some "bargain" Fujifilm Premium PLUS photo paper to use for my
> snapshots. I do all of my own printing on my Epson 1270.
>
> Sometimes, the paper and my knowledge don't gell. For instance, I used an
> Ilford Printasia and have had disasters from using my Epson inks on that,
> even though I choose to print according to the ilford guidelines for the
> 1270.
>
> Anyone have better information to share about what settings to use for the
> Fujifilm and again the Ilford Printasia Pearl?
>
> I thank you,
>
> Hiker

You might be better posting your question in comp.periphs.printers.
Searching the Epson website, Ilford and Fuji site may also provide some
clues.
Careful of bargains - good paper isn't cheap, and if it's been heavily
discounted, then there is probably a good reason.
!