680 ever going to be in stock?

Iv been trying to get a 680 off newegg.com since it was released, alas iv been unsuccessful its the only component im missing for my new build.

So basically my question is can anyone shed light or estimate when stocks will hold steady... Is this a standard practice for a new card? i just feel like its an epic failure from a supply point of view, probably going to have to get a 7970 :( if i cant get one in the next 2 weeks....

paying $600-700 for a 680 off some overpriced sight is not an option. Its BULLSH*T that just because there is a low supply company's jack the $$ up.
8 answers Last reply
More about stock
  1. What a joke.
  2. If i was Jen Hsun Huang (CEO of nVidia and the 61st highest paid ceo in the world) why would i still have a job? Granted they made an awesome card but from a running the business point of view wow what an epic fail

    AMD just lovin it... such a failure
  3. alexjay said:
    If i was Jen Hsun Huang (CEO of nVidia and the 61st highest paid ceo in the world) why would i still have a job?


    Are you serious?
  4. My guess is that you're gonna be waiting a month or so to see 680s regularly in stock at their $500 price point.

    This level of supply problem isn't unique, but it's not "standard practice" either. Typically stocks are fine after a couple weeks, but as you can see that's not the case here.

    Problem is that the 680 released at an AMAZING price point compared to the competition, and Nvidia has had yield problems with their chips. Combined, it's the perfect storm for zero availability.
  5. So does anyone have an estimate of when it will be in stock at NewEgg, even if it's for a quick moment as they all sell out? Or will it really be the end of May when they're available again?
  6. I've heard they pop up at least once a week as available on newegg, but if you aren't sitting there with the page constantly refreshing, you're not gonna be quick enough to actually make the purchase before they go out of stock.
  7. Blame TSMC. They are the ones not making chips for Nvidia. Nvidia is looking for a new fab to the new GPU chips. It would be pretty funny if they looked to Global Foundries :lol:
  8. BigMack70 said:
    I've heard they pop up at least once a week as available on newegg, but if you aren't sitting there with the page constantly refreshing, you're not gonna be quick enough to actually make the purchase before they go out of stock.

    This is the case at microcenter as well. You'll see them appear in the morning and they're gone by the afternoon.

    I had a different brand on backorder through tigerdirect, but saw tigerdirect listed some other brand as 'usually ships 1-3 days'. So I called and asked if they actually had them in stock, the guy said 'no, but we just got some EVGAs in this morning and there are four left'. I said 'put me down for two!'. The only reason I even got mine was I happened to call tigerdirect and they had just gotten a shipment in that morning.
  9. alexjay said:
    Iv been trying to get a 680 off newegg.com since it was released, alas iv been unsuccessful its the only component im missing for my new build.

    So basically my question is can anyone shed light or estimate when stocks will hold steady... Is this a standard practice for a new card? i just feel like its an epic failure from a supply point of view, probably going to have to get a 7970 :( if i cant get one in the next 2 weeks....

    paying $600-700 for a 680 off some overpriced sight is not an option. Its BULLSH*T that just because there is a low supply company's jack the $$ up.


    If you're in the Toronto area Canada Computers has stock:
    http://www1.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=047270
  10. Thanks Warbler, if that helps him....

    As for the newegg and US sites... There is only a few ways to get ahold of one. I would buy one in a heart beat if it had free shipping or exactly 500$ flat. but everyone i see sells them with either shipping or 530 or more. If the 680's arent in stock, there will be some new Kepler cards coming in around 2 weeks from now... You will notice no difference for the most part what so ever from a GTX 670 ti' and a GTX 680. Since they are basically the same spec's except a few less cores and a Slightly lower clock... Bottom line, if you want kepler.... Be patient, its worth the wait.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product