Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Low fan speed at all times

Last response: in Components
October 23, 2012 9:20:33 PM

Hello,

I recently got an ASUS Sabertooth z77, I7 3770K, and the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. I've noticed that while under heavy load my CPU Temperature is 60-70 C, and my idle is around 35-40 C.

I've been monitoring my fan speed, it always stays round 600 RPM. In BIOS i've seen it around 1200, but it never stays there for very long. What could be the Issue? I updated my BIOS today as well. No change.

Edit:

I also have changed the fan settings in Bios. I've tried Turbo, and Manually setting it to go 100% at 30 C. Still no change.
October 23, 2012 9:41:42 PM

Have you tried speedfan? With it you are able to change the fan speed if its connected to the motherboard. Also is your Hyper 212 Evo's fan a 3 pin one? If so plug it into a 4 pin socket in the motherboard and it may run at the max rpm regardless of bios settings. If none of that works may just be a faulty fan.
m
l
October 23, 2012 9:50:45 PM

socialfox said:
Have you tried speedfan? With it you are able to change the fan speed if its connected to the motherboard. Also is your Hyper 212 Evo's fan a 3 pin one? If so plug it into a 4 pin socket in the motherboard and it may run at the max rpm regardless of bios settings. If none of that works may just be a faulty fan.

I've tried speedfan to no avail. It's actually a 4 pin on.

I just installed ASUS's AI Suite. To play with the fan settings. They had a chart that showed where the fan speed should be, and where it was at.

Here is the result.

http://imgur.com/3S1Q2
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

October 23, 2012 9:58:21 PM

Can you adjust the settings? If you can just drag at 20 degrees the circle and put it at 100% and everything else that can be changed on the chart. Let us know if you notice any changes. It can also be a defective motherboard connector, I had a motherboad that used to read my fan rpms incorrectly (like at 10004333 rpm :pt1cable:  )
October 23, 2012 10:10:27 PM

socialfox said:
Can you adjust the settings? If you can just drag at 20 degrees the circle and put it at 100% and everything else that can be changed on the chart. Let us know if you notice any changes. It can also be a defective motherboard connector, I had a motherboad that used to read my fan rpms incorrectly (like at 10004333 rpm :pt1cable:  )

I didn't change anything, but hit apply and now its running at 1500 RPM. so i think its fixed. Thank you.
m
l
October 23, 2012 10:10:36 PM

Best answer selected by Dartaris.
m
l
!