thelivingscarecrow

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hello,
i bought a new gpu 6750 and all the games are just lagging like playing in slow motion and i also brought a new psu of cooler master 350w elite along with it
i am not in a mood to buy a new psu
please help!!!!
i have 2gb ram
500gb hard disk
core 2 duo processor

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
PSU requirements are: ■450 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and two 6-pin connectors for AMD CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode).

You are really taking a chance using your PSU.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Basically you are starving your GPU for power. You are also overworking you PSU. All you will need is for it to go poof and fry your system. That would make your day.

Get a PSU that will provide the amperage the card requires as well as run your system.

Read the other numerous posts re underpowered systems and their GPU setup. It is a common problem.

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
From the coolermaster site:
"The reliable, efficient and affordable line of Elite power supplies is ideal for mainstream and basic computing systems. Built with quality components and dual +12V outputs, the Elite series is fit to handle demands of high power requirements. The eco-friendly design allows the Elite series to reach more than 70% efficiency at typical loading and meet Energy Star and Blue Angel requirements."

70% eff of 350W is 245W. So please consider that if your psu is pumping out 245 to 300 watts running everything incl the GPU.

Sorry to harp but I don't want to hear that you lost your system and data because of an overworked psu.

4745454b

Titan
70% eff of 350W is 245W. So please consider that if your psu is pumping out 245 to 300 watts running everything incl the GPU.

But it doesn't work that way. It's 70% efficient at turning the AC from the wall into DC for your computer. At 70% efficiency it will draw 500W from the wall to supply the 350W that it thinks it can output.

So you have a C2D CPU which might have a draw of around 65W. Toss in another 76W for your 6750, and another 50W or so for everything else and you'll need a PSU that can actually output 191W on its 12V rail(s). (lets say 200W for easy math.)

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6617

According to this link you have 228W on your 12V rails. Your actual draw is probably less then 200W as while gaming its hard to max out the CPU and the GPU. But you are seriously right at the limits of what your PSU can handle.

It might be a power issue or it might be the 6750 isn't capable of handling the settings you picked. It's a good card, but it won't handle Crysis or Metro 2033 at 1080 with the details maxed. So, what settings are you using?

thelivingscarecrow

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012

i have removed my old graphic drivers
and too formatted my computer
i have instaled the latest drivers for gpu 12.3

4745454b

Titan
While true I missed that I'd bet the 5750 would have issues with low settings on metro 2033 at 1080. More so if all we know is he has "core 2 duo processor". Getting some details and information on the computer including games and detail settings would be great. For example, every setting is minimized or just general low settings overall.

BeaverKnight

Honorable
Jul 9, 2012
I have a question myself, i also own a Radeon HD 6750M graphic card, and it runs most of my games perfectly or atleast the games i play on perfectly, my question is though, when i play Dota 2 on high settings the temperature of my GPU peaks to 70+ degrees is this something normal? and can it handle such temperatures?
PS: I own a laptop not a desktop computer.