Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
  • Radeon
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 25, 2012 10:59:48 AM

Im looking to get this GPU but how does it compare to the 6870? Also would one of the 6950s be able to run 3 monitors and still keep up? or would dual 6870 be better for the Eyefinity? Thanks!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : review radeon 6950

April 25, 2012 11:10:05 AM

i've got 3 x 24" screens in ifinity.
it seems to keep up okay.
i was playing assains creed2, it does'nt lag.
when in ifinity it creates a new resolution.

I did use two 6770's in crossfire, but 1 x 6950 performed better.

maybe 2 x 6870's will do better than my earlier test.

a mate of mine uses 2 x 6850's. he said it works like a boss :) 

hope this helps. cheers, Rolly

side note, read up on flex version of cards, vs display port adapters etc. cheers =)

m
l
April 25, 2012 11:10:42 AM

How would it run most games on a single monitor?
m
l
Related resources
April 25, 2012 11:17:28 AM

eyefinity is a setting. it's based on profiles.

i turn mine on and off.

if it's off, games run on the 'main' screen. for my pc, the middle screen.
it's handy.... i run monitoring tools on the other screens so i can see temp, processing power, memory in use etc

& BigMack70 is right, i think some games you'll need to turn the settings down if using eyefinity, most games seem fine on one screen thou (ie. not laggy on high settings).
m
l
April 25, 2012 6:57:52 PM

BigMack70 said:
See the link above. In the time it took you to post this and wait for a response, you could have found out for yourself. ;) 

I was just in a rush when I posted this, did not have time to actually look up, but after having a chance to look at that link, it sounds much better than i thought, i did not think it was better than the 560ti either.

Also, That is a pretty cool feature about the Eyefinity where you can just turn it on or off, i though you would have had to go into the setting and reconfigure it every time. Im not sure if i am every going to have triple monitors, but i want to have the ability to if down the road i decide i want to.
m
l
April 25, 2012 11:24:37 PM

Best answer selected by sinister8102.
m
l
!