Closed

Receiving radio station through my laptops

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Radio
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
January 27, 2012 12:43:55 PM

want to listen to radio stations FM and AM bands on my laptop and record while playing

More about : receiving radio station laptops

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2012 12:56:35 PM

Most stations (at least FM) have a website. They usually allow listening to their station via said website. As long as your net connection is good enough it should be pretty good, though not as good as over the air. All you'd need then is the software to GRAB the AUDIO.

If streaming isn't good enough quality, I'm sure there are USB or PCI(e) cards you can buy that will allow you to get the station over the air. This is usually bundled with cards that can record other things like VHS tapes, etc.
Score

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2012 1:44:52 PM

For example, my Pinnacle PCTV 340e Hybrid Pro USB tv-tuner stick, that I bought a couple years ago, handles not only tv but radio channels as well.
It was not exactly cheap, but it has some extra features like handling DVB-T, having a remote control, a little antenna, and some cables with which it can be connected to SVGA output, or VHS Player output. The dongle itself is not much bigger than a pendrive.
And it comes with dedicated software, which does recording too.

I bet you'll be able to listen to radio with most usb tv tuners.
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2012 1:48:57 PM

I would agree. I'm sure a quick search on newegg will show many such devices. If you are willing to forgo the remote, etc you can probably find some really cheap.
Score
February 3, 2012 12:17:15 AM

Best answer selected by abchitnis.
Score
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 3, 2012 12:21:12 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!