aminroy

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
- just bought a whole new set PC.
- need a dual-display.

but unfortunately the seller was not alert on the DVI-D output to a VGA monitor. got ASUS P8-B75-M-LE mainboard. (VGA/DVI-D/HDMI) onboard graphics

so just after assembling. i jus noticed that my onboard graphics output is a DVD-D (no 4-pin analog output). Never knew that there are 5 types of DVI output. damn.
normal DVI converter jus wont do.

so... does anyone has an idea other than expensive converter box. low-end or worth value graphic card.

not a gamer so wont need a superb performance. at least for a good dual-display graphics.

already EXCEEEED my budget actually.

actually what is 'd-sub port' is. wrote on my mainboard box. multi VGA - HDMI/DVI-D/D-sub ports

Solution

rajyohanson

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Solution

joesden

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Problems like these are very common, and people keep getting into them from time to time. Newegg is a good place to find such a deal, but there are other places also where you could have got a better deal for sure. Anyhow the main thing is that your issue got resolved. Anyhow if in future you face the same problem again, don't forget to try these DVI-D to VGA (Part # SCA-DVI-ANA- KVMSwitchTech) and HDMI to VGA converter options.