Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How i solve DVI-D to VGA

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 25, 2012 1:08:12 PM

- just bought a whole new set PC.
- need a dual-display.

but unfortunately the seller was not alert on the DVI-D output to a VGA monitor. got ASUS P8-B75-M-LE mainboard. (VGA/DVI-D/HDMI) onboard graphics

so just after assembling. i jus noticed that my onboard graphics output is a DVD-D (no 4-pin analog output). Never knew that there are 5 types of DVI output. damn.
normal DVI converter jus wont do.

so... does anyone has an idea other than expensive converter box. low-end or worth value graphic card.

not a gamer so wont need a superb performance. at least for a good dual-display graphics.

already EXCEEEED my budget actually.

actually what is 'd-sub port' is. wrote on my mainboard box. multi VGA - HDMI/DVI-D/D-sub ports

More about : solve dvi vga

April 25, 2012 1:44:03 PM

So you need dual VGA outputs, or at least a single VGA, and standard DVI carrying the RGB to get to dual VGA only monitors? Am I taking that right?
m
l
April 25, 2012 1:51:24 PM

yeah. dual VGA display. THANKS
m
l
Related resources
April 25, 2012 1:52:55 PM

what do u suggest?
m
l

Best solution

April 25, 2012 2:02:48 PM

I ran into a problem at work like that, and the cheapest solution I could come up with is a 40 dollar budget card from BestBuy in stock at like every location.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gigabyte+Technology+-+GV-N2...

I mulled over all the angles, but without mail ordering an inline adapter, this was the cheapest way out.
April 25, 2012 2:08:31 PM

oh. ok. should be very helpful. thanks
m
l
April 25, 2012 2:33:28 PM

actually very helpful. not sure before whether these range of VGA card included multi VGAs. thanks dude
m
l
April 25, 2012 2:33:55 PM

Best answer selected by aminroy.
m
l
April 27, 2012 5:29:59 AM

Problems like these are very common, and people keep getting into them from time to time. Newegg is a good place to find such a deal, but there are other places also where you could have got a better deal for sure. Anyhow the main thing is that your issue got resolved. Anyhow if in future you face the same problem again, don't forget to try these DVI-D to VGA (Part # SCA-DVI-ANA- KVMSwitchTech) and HDMI to VGA converter options.
m
l
!