New CFG for Gaming

hello everyone, this is my first post and i would like to ask your help/advice about buying a new conf.

according to the rules i give u the details(sry 4 my weak english:))


Approximate Purchase Date: this week, but i can wait if u recommend me to do so.

Budget Range: 1000-1500$ (can't tell exactly since our curency(HUF) keeps jumping +-5%)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming in firstplace(d3,lol are my main interests, but i also prefer better games like Max Payne3 or even fps-es), watching movies in 1080p if possible, and it is not decided yet if i leave my old box for sw-testing(HUGE amount of I/O when u compile recompile debug etc.-i think that ain't good for ssds) or rather do it with the new one.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS - only the pure box :)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: argep.hu is showing a good statistic about our pc market. but since we r buying it for our company and i will also work with it so possible to calculate with -27% tax and maybe 2-4%discount from vendors(since we are going to buy it from directly the big traders and not the small companies i suppose).

Country: Hungary

Parts Preferences:

Proc : ivy-bridge i3770K,
Mboard : Asrock Z77 extreme 4,
SSD : OCZ Agility 3 SATA III 2.5" SSD 120GB

these are nice things and kind of affordable for me i think.

what i am unsure about is the

videocard : nvidia 670 or 7870 ?

ram : 16G what type should i buy ? Corsairs seems nice but no clue.

cooling : unsure

some hdd : unsure

power supply: unsure

Overclocking: unsure, not a main goal.

SLI or Crossfire: not realy because i can not afford it.

Monitor Resolution: i have a BenQ VW2420H, would be nice to play d3 on max settings but if not i still can live with it.

Additional Comments: I'd like a quiet pc, and my room is at the roofarea == really hot here 30-35 sometimes more C degrees.


I hope I will met your forum requirements and would like to thank your kind help. If any more detalis needed do not hesitate and I will give the info asap.


regards,
justsomebody
17 answers Last reply
More about gaming
  1. 670 is better and more expensive. If you can afford it no reason not to.
  2. thank u.since it is only ~10% price difference i am looking forward buying it.

    how about the other parts ?
  3. Yeah I definitely agree about the GTX 670 - it's an amazing card. The 7870 is no slouch either but if you can afford the 670 it's a far better choice.

    However it's hard to suggest a system without knowing local availability - especially power requirements and things of that nature.
  4. Are you sure you need the i7?

    The Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO is a superb cooler for up to a mid level OC - so should be great for you.

    HDD any 7200 RPM 1 TB or more TBH it doesn't matter much.

    PSU should be a quality 500W or 750W if you want to SLI later.
  5. Oh and RAM you don't need 16 GB for gaming - any 1333 MHz or more, 1.5 V or less, DDR3 should do however.
  6. Thank u for your kind responds. I am planning virtualization(Virtualbox Linux or XP for working purposes) too, missed it from sys specs sorry.This is why i was thinking about more ram but maybe i'll cut some cost on that.
  7. g-unit1111 said:
    Yeah I definitely agree about the GTX 670 - it's an amazing card. The 7870 is no slouch either but if you can afford the 670 it's a far better choice.

    However it's hard to suggest a system without knowing local availability - especially power requirements and things of that nature.



    I am sorry but not clearly get your point. What do u mean by local availability ? I am not planning in the close future to run SLI or Overclocking.
  8. FinneousPJ said:
    Are you sure you need the i7?



    After i checked benchmark results I am pretty concerned about i7 is a good choice.U'd disagree with that ? If so why?
  9. justsomebody said:
    I am sorry but not clearly get your point. What do u mean by local availability ? I am not planning in the close future to run SLI or Overclocking.


    I mean what's available in your country - if you want us to configure a system we'll need a store that you buy from to get exact pricing and model information. I can't exactly post links from Newegg and expect that you'll have the same parts available.
  10. The i5 has 95% of the performance for 67% or the price.
  11. g-unit1111 said:
    I mean what's available in your country - if you want us to configure a system we'll need a store that you buy from to get exact pricing and model information. I can't exactly post links from Newegg and expect that you'll have the same parts available.


    i think i can access everything since it is eu :) i am from Hungary. http://www.argep.hu has a lot of stores listed but it is in hungarian.

    At the left hand side there is a box "Kereses" means search and u can find everything what u have listed here yet.
  12. Here's what I recommended there:

    Case: http://www.argep.hu/popup.asp?pid=153364732&pnr=10001&foto=1 - NZXT Phantom 410 - 31.690 Ft
    PSU: http://www.argep.hu/product_670861.html - Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 650 - 23.965 Ft
    Motherboard: http://www.argep.hu/product_1905330.html - Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 - 37.146 Ft
    CPU: http://www.argep.hu/product_1906493.html - 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - 60.290 Ft
    RAM: http://www.argep.hu/product_1851243.html - Crucial Ballistix 8GB 1600MHz 1.5V - 15.960 Ft
    Cooler: http://www.argep.hu/popup.asp?pid=180031636&pnr=10001&foto=1 - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - 9.327 Ft
    SSD: http://www.argep.hu/popup.asp?pid=177258120&pnr=10001&foto=1 - 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 - 36.006 Ft
    HD: http://www.argep.hu/popup.asp?pid=178524000&pnr=10001&foto=1 - Seagate Barracuda ST 1TB 7200 RPM - 21.590 Ft
    Optical: http://www.argep.hu/popup.asp?pid=171897697&pnr=10001&foto=1 - Lite On DVD Burner - 9.000 Ft
    Video Card: http://www.argep.hu/popup.asp?pid=179882656&pnr=10001&foto=1 - EVGA Geforce GTX 670 - 122.199 Ft

    Total: 367.173 Ft ($1,624.42 USD)

    A little over budget but you don't compromise on anything. If you need monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS I can adjust accordingly.
  13. Can't tell u how much i feel thankfull for your kind and quick help!

    I have a few more quiestions but after reading a huge amount of tests and forum threads(instead of learning for my tomorrow exam :D) I got the same results(3570 totally agreed forexample).

    ------------------------
    Questions :
    ------------------------

    Case : I'd cut some cost on that since I reallllly dont care about how it looks from the outside.If it won't compromise somehow the performance(why would it ?) than I'd rather choose a cheaper one.

    RAM : CMZ8GX3M4X1600C9G RAM DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE KIT4 CL9 Gold

    Video Card : If we cut budget on the case maybe change it to 680? Would it worth ?


    Still can't tell u how thankfull I am with your kind help! If anytime U r planning to visit Hungary do not hesitate to letting me know it ;)
  14. And nope i don't need anything else than the BOX with supper preformance :D
  15. ok whatever, i sent this cfg to my contact. thx your help i donno how to close this topic so if any admin would do it ... :D


    again thx your help guys!
  16. justsomebody said:
    Can't tell u how much i feel thankfull for your kind and quick help!

    I have a few more quiestions but after reading a huge amount of tests and forum threads(instead of learning for my tomorrow exam :D) I got the same results(3570 totally agreed forexample).

    ------------------------
    Questions :
    ------------------------

    Case : I'd cut some cost on that since I reallllly dont care about how it looks from the outside.If it won't compromise somehow the performance(why would it ?) than I'd rather choose a cheaper one.

    RAM : CMZ8GX3M4X1600C9G RAM DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE KIT4 CL9 Gold

    Video Card : If we cut budget on the case maybe change it to 680? Would it worth ?


    Still can't tell u how thankfull I am with your kind help! If anytime U r planning to visit Hungary do not hesitate to letting me know it ;)


    If you want a plainer case than the Phantom I'd suggest the Cooler Master HAF 912: http://www.argep.hu/product_1373922.html

    RAM - make sure that it's the low profile version, like this: http://www.argep.hu/popup.asp?pid=175880186&pnr=10001&foto=1

    Video Card: No, the 670 and the 680 are essentially the same card, the 670 is $100 cheaper.
  17. The 670 has like 90% of the performance of a GTX 680 (not counting the ASUS model) for $100 less.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems