Core 2 Duo E8600 comes with what cooling fan?

allandejh

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I have an intel celeron d cpu 3.46ghz, 3.47ghz on a foxconn 45cmv-k/45cmv motherboard and want to add a much faster
processor, i had the intel core 2 duo e8600 in mind. However
Question: Can I get an i3 instead? or something much newer?
Also what else would i need to add to my computer when i install this new processor? Like a different cooler fan or??regresojh@hotmail.com

I also would like to know how i can upgrade to a windows 64 bit system, I am currently using a 32 bit sytem with the
windows 7 ultimate installed, and man is it slow??
Please help, ive been looking everywhere for answers. Thanks in advance!

Solution

No you can't get an I3. You will need to get a new motherboard and RAM.

If you get a new CPU in a retail box it will come with the CPU and a fan/heatsink.

Your motherboard is socket LGA775, the Intel Core i3 series of chips start from LGA1156. So no, you will not be able to get an i3.

If you purchase a Retail-Package Core 2 Duo E8600, then yes, it will come with a cooling fan. However, if you purchase an OEM/CPU ONLY type of deal, then you will ONLY get the CPU.

No you can't get an I3. You will need to get a new motherboard and RAM.

If you get a new CPU in a retail box it will come with the CPU and a fan/heatsink.

You would be better off with a 64 bit OS over a 32 bit OS. A 32 bit OS has a number of drawbacks including only being able to accept a maximum of four gigs of RAM and of that four gigs it doesn't even recognize all four gigs. Windows 7 is much faster and better tha older Windows operating systems and my guess is it is slow because of a hardware problem like:

lack of RAM
slow/almost full HDD
viruses or malware slowing everything down

If you wanted to upgrade to 64 bit OS you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 64 bit and re-insall the operating system then download all drivers.

Solution

allandejh

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012