Solved

Core 2 Duo E8600 comes with what cooling fan?

I have an intel celeron d cpu 3.46ghz, 3.47ghz on a foxconn 45cmv-k/45cmv motherboard and want to add a much faster
processor, i had the intel core 2 duo e8600 in mind. However
Question: Can I get an i3 instead? or something much newer?
Also what else would i need to add to my computer when i install this new processor? Like a different cooler fan or??regresojh[at]hotmail.com

I also would like to know how i can upgrade to a windows 64 bit system, I am currently using a 32 bit sytem with the
windows 7 ultimate installed, and man is it slow??
Please help, ive been looking everywhere for answers. Thanks in advance!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about core e8600 cooling
  1. Your motherboard is socket LGA775, the Intel Core i3 series of chips start from LGA1156. So no, you will not be able to get an i3.

If you purchase a Retail-Package Core 2 Duo E8600, then yes, it will come with a cooling fan. However, if you purchase an OEM/CPU ONLY type of deal, then you will ONLY get the CPU.
  2. Best answer
    allandejh said:
    I have an intel celeron d cpu 3.46ghz, 3.47ghz on a foxconn 45cmv-k/45cmv motherboard and want to add a much faster
    processor, i had the intel core 2 duo e8600 in mind. However
    Question: Can I get an i3 instead? or something much newer?

No you can't get an I3. You will need to get a new motherboard and RAM.

allandejh said:
    Also what else would i need to add to my computer when i install this new processor? Like a different cooler fan or??regresojh[at]hotmail.com

If you get a new CPU in a retail box it will come with the CPU and a fan/heatsink.

allandejh said:
    I also would like to know how i can upgrade to a windows 64 bit system, I am currently using a 32 bit sytem with the
    windows 7 ultimate installed, and man is it slow?
    Please help, ive been looking everywhere for answers. Thanks in advance!

You would be better off with a 64 bit OS over a 32 bit OS. A 32 bit OS has a number of drawbacks including only being able to accept a maximum of four gigs of RAM and of that four gigs it doesn't even recognize all four gigs. Windows 7 is much faster and better tha older Windows operating systems and my guess is it is slow because of a hardware problem like:

lack of RAM
    slow/almost full HDD
    viruses or malware slowing everything down

If you wanted to upgrade to 64 bit OS you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 64 bit and re-insall the operating system then download all drivers.
  3. No you can't get an I3. You will need to get a new motherboard and RAM.

If you get a new CPU in a retail box it will come with the CPU and a fan/heatsink.

You would be better off with a 64 bit OS over a 32 bit OS. A 32 bit OS has a number of drawbacks including only being able to accept a maximum of four gigs of RAM and of that four gigs it doesn't even recognize all four gigs. Windows 7 is much faster and better tha older Windows operating systems and my guess is it is slow because of a hardware problem like:

lack of RAM
    slow/almost full HDD

If you wanted to upgrade to 64 bit OS you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 64 bit a re-insall the operating system then download all drivers.[/quotem

Now, what would it cost me on a new motherboard if i opted for that option?
    Also, i have the comp pretty much cleaned up, with 4gigs of ram, and it´s not that its slow it just wont work well with
    editing programs and such so im looking for the best option, because pretty much that is why i want to upgrade, because i need to edit lots of videos!
  4. Best answer selected by allandejh.
  5. Anonymous said:

lack of RAM
    slow/almost full HDD

If you wanted to upgrade to 64 bit OS you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 64 bit a re-insall the operating system then download all drivers.[/quotem

Now, what would it cost me on a new motherboard if i opted for that option?
    Also, i have the comp pretty much cleaned up, with 4gigs of ram, and it´s not that its slow it just wont work well with
    editing programs and such so im looking for the best option, because pretty much that is why i want to upgrade, because i need to edit lots of videos!

Well what are you using this computer for? You can get Windows 7 64bit OEM that will cost 100 dollars. Everything else will depend on what you are using the computer for and your overall budget.
  6. well i use it for editing personal videos, like youtube videos and videos for my website, i also do a lot of video and mp3 format changing
  7. would the 64 bit system be enough for my upgrade?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs