Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Core 2 Duo E8600 comes with what cooling fan?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
October 24, 2012 12:42:20 AM

I have an intel celeron d cpu 3.46ghz, 3.47ghz on a foxconn 45cmv-k/45cmv motherboard and want to add a much faster
processor, i had the intel core 2 duo e8600 in mind. However
Question: Can I get an i3 instead? or something much newer?
Also what else would i need to add to my computer when i install this new processor? Like a different cooler fan or??regresojh[at]hotmail.com

I also would like to know how i can upgrade to a windows 64 bit system, I am currently using a 32 bit sytem with the
windows 7 ultimate installed, and man is it slow??
Please help, ive been looking everywhere for answers. Thanks in advance!
a c 109 à CPUs
October 24, 2012 12:49:36 AM

Your motherboard is socket LGA775, the Intel Core i3 series of chips start from LGA1156. So no, you will not be able to get an i3.

If you purchase a Retail-Package Core 2 Duo E8600, then yes, it will come with a cooling fan. However, if you purchase an OEM/CPU ONLY type of deal, then you will ONLY get the CPU.
m
l

Best solution

a c 146 à CPUs
October 24, 2012 1:04:23 AM

allandejh said:
I have an intel celeron d cpu 3.46ghz, 3.47ghz on a foxconn 45cmv-k/45cmv motherboard and want to add a much faster
processor, i had the intel core 2 duo e8600 in mind. However
Question: Can I get an i3 instead? or something much newer?

No you can't get an I3. You will need to get a new motherboard and RAM.

allandejh said:
Also what else would i need to add to my computer when i install this new processor? Like a different cooler fan or??regresojh[at]hotmail.com

If you get a new CPU in a retail box it will come with the CPU and a fan/heatsink.

allandejh said:
I also would like to know how i can upgrade to a windows 64 bit system, I am currently using a 32 bit sytem with the
windows 7 ultimate installed, and man is it slow?
Please help, ive been looking everywhere for answers. Thanks in advance!

You would be better off with a 64 bit OS over a 32 bit OS. A 32 bit OS has a number of drawbacks including only being able to accept a maximum of four gigs of RAM and of that four gigs it doesn't even recognize all four gigs. Windows 7 is much faster and better tha older Windows operating systems and my guess is it is slow because of a hardware problem like:

lack of RAM
slow/almost full HDD
viruses or malware slowing everything down

If you wanted to upgrade to 64 bit OS you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 64 bit and re-insall the operating system then download all drivers.
Related resources
October 24, 2012 1:14:49 AM

2672669,3,978649 said:

If you get a new CPU in a retail box it will come with the CPU and a fan/heatsink.

You would be better off with a 64 bit OS over a 32 bit OS. A 32 bit OS has a number of drawbacks including only being able to accept a maximum of four gigs of RAM and of that four gigs it doesn't even recognize all four gigs. Windows 7 is much faster and better tha older Windows operating systems and my guess is it is slow because of a hardware problem like:

lack of RAM
slow/almost full HDD

If you wanted to upgrade to 64 bit OS you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 64 bit a re-insall the operating system then download all drivers.[/quotem

Now, what would it cost me on a new motherboard if i opted for that option?
Also, i have the comp pretty much cleaned up, with 4gigs of ram, and it´s not that its slow it just wont work well with
editing programs and such so im looking for the best option, because pretty much that is why i want to upgrade, because i need to edit lots of videos!
m
l
October 24, 2012 1:18:14 AM

Best answer selected by allandejh.
m
l
a c 146 à CPUs
October 24, 2012 1:36:11 AM

allandejh said:
2672669,3,978649 said:

lack of RAM
slow/almost full HDD

If you wanted to upgrade to 64 bit OS you will have to buy a copy of Windows 7 64 bit a re-insall the operating system then download all drivers.[/quotem

Now, what would it cost me on a new motherboard if i opted for that option?
Also, i have the comp pretty much cleaned up, with 4gigs of ram, and it´s not that its slow it just wont work well with
editing programs and such so im looking for the best option, because pretty much that is why i want to upgrade, because i need to edit lots of videos!
said:

Well what are you using this computer for? You can get Windows 7 64bit OEM that will cost 100 dollars. Everything else will depend on what you are using the computer for and your overall budget.
m
l
October 24, 2012 2:23:44 AM

well i use it for editing personal videos, like youtube videos and videos for my website, i also do a lot of video and mp3 format changing
m
l
October 24, 2012 2:25:40 AM

would the 64 bit system be enough for my upgrade?
m
l
!