Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hi! my cpu configuration is below--
amd athlon x2 260 3.2 ghz proceesor
4gb starlite ddr3 1333 ram
gigabyte 78lmts2p motherboard
iball lpe223-400 smps
lg l1515s tft monitor

as suggested by the other members ,i bought the 6670 1gb ddr5 today!
but i have some questions--

1.windows 7 rates the card as 7.1 whereas others told that it shows 7.5!why is it?

2.i was installing a game.. i entered the 2nd dvd..suddenly the screen went blue,it had many things written on it..at lower side it was written physical dump memory!what happened??

3.in dxdiag,my video memory is being shown 2043mb..why is it??

4.when i had no gpu, i can increase my resolution to upto 1280*768..but after installing the gpu,i can not increase my resolution..it is fixed at 1024*768..at higher resolution ,it is showing 'out of range'!!what is the cause??

pleasee help..

Helltech

Distinguished
Don't worry about Windows Index rating, seriously, its one of the worst most inconsistent benchmarking tools there is.

That was a "blue-screen" which means you probably had a hardware error. This happens frequently with unstable overclocks and faulty RAM. Although your GPU could be the cause of it.

DXDIAG says my memory is 4096mb on my GPU, when its only 768mb. I'm not sure how it calculates it, and I used to know the reason, but just ignore it it doesn't read it "correctly".

First thing I think of is, do you have the latest drivers installed from AMDs website?

EDIT - Here is the answer for the DXDIAG problem, basically it just doesn't show the exact memory.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001308.htm

Bodhisatwa

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

what about these==

2.i was installing a game.. i entered the 2nd dvd..suddenly the screen went blue,it had many things written on it..at lower side it was written physical dump memory!what happened??

4.when i had no gpu, i can increase my resolution to upto 1280*768..but after installing the gpu,i can not increase my resolution..it is fixed at 1024*768..at higher resolution ,it is showing 'out of range'!!what is the cause??

Helltech

Distinguished
You said you upgraded the CPU parts? Are you sure you installed the heatsink and thermal paste correctly?

Also install the latest drivers from the AMD website, you should just chuck that driver CD away.

He didn't say he upgraded CPU. he said he upgraded GPU only. Anyway, blue screen usually means that something went wrong, but without exact code what was written, we cannot tell the cause. If it happens again, write down the code.

Helltech

Distinguished

Yes he did.

Are you sure the RAM is ok? How do you know? Did you run Memtest 86+ on it?

Bodhisatwa

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
yes.x2 260 3.2ghz...i did not run anything like that..

i had no one to guide me when i upgraded ..earlier i had a p4 3ghz..i heard the shopkeeper's words..:(

Bodhisatwa

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
on the gpu i have a heatsink and a fan..i installed the game i.e-bf3..running good in ultra settings..mindblowing graphics..@sunius-is my processor bad?what is overclocking?how does it help?