$2000 Gaming PC, first built need advice for alternative parts.

CrankAintDead

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Hi,
I was gona build a gaming PC last year when 2nd gen processors was out but then sadly my dad passed away and due to financial problems i wasnt able to complete my built since i was purchasing parts one by one. So i got few basic parts and rest to buy, and System Builder Marathon, June 2012: $2000 Performance PC looks like a great built, but i am unable to find the exact same parts in my country so wanted to ask what will be the best alternative parts.

Approximate Purchase Date: Today

Budget Range: USD 2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming and gaming only

Parts Not Required: Ram, HDD, Case

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ebay.in , Amazon Global

Overclocking: Yup

SLI or Crossfire: Nope

Monitor Resolution: 1980p Full HD

Processor : Intel Core i7-3770K
Graphics: Here are the options available to me They are all GTX 680 though, since 670 aint available in India yet. All looks same the me though, just different brands. Which one would be best?
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE or ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 (Had purchased it a year ago). Should i go for 16 gigs for a gaming pc?
System Drive: OCZ Vertex Plus Series 60 GB SATA II 2.5" SSD
Storage Drive: 1TB Western Digital WD Caviar Black (Have purchased it)
Optical: These are the options i have
Case: Diablotek Evo (This was the first component i had purchased, the top review on the site is by me :)
Power: Really Confused about this, since it is my first built, i have no idea how much watts PSU should i get.
CPU Cooler: Confused between liquid and air coolers.

Thanks for spending your time reading it, would really appreciate a response and suggestions. Specially want to make sure if all the parts will go together or not. Also i was unable to locate any i7-3770k processors so i will have to import it from USA, would their be any voltage problem with it?

Solution
There's not really a difference in the motherboards, the pro is better value though. Stick with 8gb for a gaming pc 16 is too much. Any optical drive will work, LG is usually pretty good. You should get around a 750W psu it will give you all the power you need for the system + overclocking. I prefer air coolers since they are much easier to install and water coolers will ruin the computer if they break. Idk how hot the room you will have the computer in is. I know it gets pretty hot in India so unless you are in a air conditioned room you should get a high quality fan, Noctua coolers are usually pretty good, but due to their high quality they are also more expensive.

willze7

Honorable
May 20, 2012
There's not really a difference in the motherboards, the pro is better value though. Stick with 8gb for a gaming pc 16 is too much. Any optical drive will work, LG is usually pretty good. You should get around a 750W psu it will give you all the power you need for the system + overclocking. I prefer air coolers since they are much easier to install and water coolers will ruin the computer if they break. Idk how hot the room you will have the computer in is. I know it gets pretty hot in India so unless you are in a air conditioned room you should get a high quality fan, Noctua coolers are usually pretty good, but due to their high quality they are also more expensive.

Solution

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Just a couple of changes:

Go for the i5 3570k, the same for games plus gives you a nice savings.

That savings can then be used to get a good 128 gb SSD, like the Crucial M4, or samsung 830.

As far as the 680's are concerned asus, gigabyte, or evga are equal in my view. Go with the one you can get the best deal on.

8 gigs of ram is the sweet spot for gaming, no need for more.

A good 650w from a company like corsair, seasonic, or PC power and cooling for your build specs would be more than adequate.

As far as cpu coolers I would try to get a higher grade air cooler, especially for the area you live in.

Go to any cpu cooler review site and get something equal to or near a noctua nh d-14. I personally have a spire thermax eclipse 2.

CrankAintDead

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
@willze7 Thanks man, i went for a Pro board, its really awesome. And yea anything above 8 gigs would be overkill. Thanks for your time and help. Respect :)

@anirudh1 Man i really didnt knew any good sites other than ebai and amazon. But thanks to you i went on the sites and noticed that their shop is in grant road, which is like 10 min's drive from my house. And got the components damn quick and also below ebay price. Thanks allot man, saved me some nice bucks. Got a 120 gigs corsair force ssd from it xD

@maxalge Thats true dude, gaming needs better gpu than cpu, but i went for 3770k cause their wasnt much price difference here. The shop dude was giving me i5 for 20k and 17 for 24k, so i thought to get a i7. And man i seriously wanted Asus gpu, but the sales guy chipped me with a zotac. Im really not much happy on my purchase, but i have not yet tested it out. Took all night to assemble it, but forgot to buy a Operating System. And got a corsair 850 gold so that i can add another gpu if necessary. Forgot to buy CPU Cooler too... man should had taken notes. Thanks man for your time and help, appreciate it.

That said, corsair is cool and all but the modular psu brought from them had one of their 8pins connector stuck together, nearly damaged my mb in trying to insert it cause i was tryin really hard.

And can someone let me know if i should install Windows 8 Release Preview or buy a windows 7 ultimate for $100?

CrankAintDead

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
It cost me around (less than) 1.5 lacs to get the system and accessories. And Internal parts cost me around 1.25 lacs. 1 thing good about internet shopping is that i could had used credit card and it wouldnt bother me much, but payin by cash hurts allot :D

Parts:
Intel i7-3770k processor: 24.5k
Asus P8Z77-V Pro MB: 17.7k
Zotac GTX 680 GPU: 37k
Corsair 850W Gold Modular PSU: 13k
WD Caviar Green 2 TB HDD: 7k
Corsair 120 GB Force SSD: 7.5k
Total comes 106.7 but the actual bill was 1.15 lacs. Ohh yea forgot Samsung OD: 1.05k + 5% tax and DVI cable

And things i already had was Corsair Vengeance 8 GB 1600 Ram( which strangely is running at 1333 mhz)= 4.5k
Diablotek EVO Case= not available, but had cost me 6k a year back
Key Mouse combo= Logitech MK700 7k a year back. These were imports.

Now all i have to get is a good CPU cooler, a win 7 premium and few 140mm fans (gonna go get it now :D

P.S Got free Assassin's Creed 3 game pack from Zotac which was awesome.