Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

EA teams up with ESPN....

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 5:23:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/commentary/game_over/co...

EA teams up with ESPN
Fifteen-year deal could mean the end of long-standing Madden football games.
January 17, 2005: 3:02 PM EST
Game Over is a weekly column by Chris Morris

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Television's leading sports network and the leading
maker of sports video games have signed a long-term deal that could signal
the end of an era.

ESPN and Electronic Arts today announced a 15-year partnership, giving EA
access to ESPN's broadcast, print and online contnet - as well as its stable
of personalities - for all of its sports titles. The integration of the two
brands will begin in 2006.

What that will mean for EA's long-standing Madden franchise remains unknown.
Madden is under contract with the game publisher through this year, but has
not signed beyond that. EA said negotiations are continuing.

"John Madden is under contract for the 2005-206 season and we'll see where
it goes from there," said Larry Probst, CEO of Electronic Arts. "But let's
not forget that Madden is a part of the ESPN family with Monday Night
Football. ... It's possible we'll continue working with John longer term."

While the marketing relationship will likely be most visible in upcoming
football games, ESPN assets will appear in all of EA's sports lines,
including baseball, basketball, boxing, golf and racing. The two companies
are also planning to create new games based on ESPN content, such as the
network's popular X-Games.

"Nothing finalized," said John Skipper, executive vice president for
ESPN/Disney. "It's natural we'd think about things such as the X-games. We
certainly play a lot of poker on our air, so we're thinking about that.
We're also thinking about bass. We have the rights to the bass license."

(Probst, by the way, wasn't quite as excited as Skipper about a bass fishing
game, so don't get your virtual rod and reel out yet.)

The deal is the latest in a series of sports coups for EA. In December, the
company clinched an exclusive licensing deal with the NFL and NFL Players
Association. Under the terms of that deal, no other publisher can develop or
publish a video game (for any system) featuring NFL teams, players, stadiums
or footage for the next five years. Last week, the company struck a similar
deal with the Arena Football League.

ESPN, ironically, was EA's chief competitor in the football space (by far
the most popular - and profitable - sports video games). The company had
previously teamed with Sega, Take Two Interactive and developer Visual
Concepts to create its own brand. Spurred by bargain pricing, "ESPN NFL 2K5"
proved to be a formidable threat, cutting into EA's sales and attracting a
wide audience.

With EA securing the NFL rights, though, the network said an alignment made
sense. While the two companies have talked off and on about a partnership
several times in the past, the heart of this deal was done after EA won the
NFL rights.

"We were very happy with our relations with Sega," said Skipper. "However,
if you think about who you want to be working with for the long term ... EA
is the natural choice for us to be associated with."

Sports games make up roughly one-third of EA's annual revenues (which were
$3.2 billion last fiscal year). While Probst would not say whether
additional deals were in the works, he did say "anything we can do to
solidify and make [our sports franchises] stronger, we're open to those
strategic alternatives."

EA and John Madden have teamed up for football video games for the past 15
years and have become almost pseudonymous. However, speculation about
whether EA would maintain the current relationship began soon after it
announced the NFL deal. With the league license secured, the publisher may
be reexamining ways to lower its development costs.

Despite the strength of the ESPN brand, EA (Research) does not plan to use
the network's name in its game titles as it has with Madden. Should the
company's relationship with Madden change, the games will likely be branded
simply "EA Sports Football".

The loss of ESPN is a significant blow to Take Two (Research), which had
been hoping to diversify its product line with sports games. While its
relationship with Sega and Visual Concepts still stands, the companies no
longer have a well-known hook with which to attract customers.

The companies have not announced specific plans for the sports market since
the EA-NFL announcement, but Probst said he thinks it's unwise to assume EA
will not have competition in some form.

"I think there's plenty of room for competition," said Probst. "At the end
of the day its who can build the highest quality products. There's plenty of
room for other third party companies - and console first-party companies -
to do that. Just because EA Sports and ESPN are partnering I don't think
people are going to run for the hills and not compete with us."


begin 666 bug.gif
M1TE&.#EA!P`'`)$````T90``,V9FS ```"'Y! ``````+ `````'``<```(-
/E!\"N\FMGI.1A8MO`0`[
`
end

More about : teams espn

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 5:54:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Diablo Del Toro wrote:
> http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/commentary/game_over/co...
>
> EA teams up with ESPN
> Fifteen-year deal could mean the end of long-standing Madden football games.
> January 17, 2005: 3:02 PM EST
> Game Over is a weekly column by Chris Morris
>
> NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Television's leading sports network and the leading
> maker of sports video games have signed a long-term deal that could signal
> the end of an era.
>
> ESPN and Electronic Arts today announced a 15-year partnership, giving EA
> access to ESPN's broadcast, print and online contnet - as well as its stable
> of personalities - for all of its sports titles. The integration of the two
> brands will begin in 2006.
>
> What that will mean for EA's long-standing Madden franchise remains unknown.
> Madden is under contract with the game publisher through this year, but has
> not signed beyond that. EA said negotiations are continuing.
>
> "John Madden is under contract for the 2005-206 season and we'll see where
> it goes from there," said Larry Probst, CEO of Electronic Arts. "But let's
> not forget that Madden is a part of the ESPN family with Monday Night
> Football. ... It's possible we'll continue working with John longer term."
>
> While the marketing relationship will likely be most visible in upcoming
> football games, ESPN assets will appear in all of EA's sports lines,
> including baseball, basketball, boxing, golf and racing. The two companies
> are also planning to create new games based on ESPN content, such as the
> network's popular X-Games.
>
> "Nothing finalized," said John Skipper, executive vice president for
> ESPN/Disney. "It's natural we'd think about things such as the X-games. We
> certainly play a lot of poker on our air, so we're thinking about that.
> We're also thinking about bass. We have the rights to the bass license."
>
> (Probst, by the way, wasn't quite as excited as Skipper about a bass fishing
> game, so don't get your virtual rod and reel out yet.)
>
> The deal is the latest in a series of sports coups for EA. In December, the
> company clinched an exclusive licensing deal with the NFL and NFL Players
> Association. Under the terms of that deal, no other publisher can develop or
> publish a video game (for any system) featuring NFL teams, players, stadiums
> or footage for the next five years. Last week, the company struck a similar
> deal with the Arena Football League.
>
> ESPN, ironically, was EA's chief competitor in the football space (by far
> the most popular - and profitable - sports video games). The company had
> previously teamed with Sega, Take Two Interactive and developer Visual
> Concepts to create its own brand. Spurred by bargain pricing, "ESPN NFL 2K5"
> proved to be a formidable threat, cutting into EA's sales and attracting a
> wide audience.
>
> With EA securing the NFL rights, though, the network said an alignment made
> sense. While the two companies have talked off and on about a partnership
> several times in the past, the heart of this deal was done after EA won the
> NFL rights.
>
> "We were very happy with our relations with Sega," said Skipper. "However,
> if you think about who you want to be working with for the long term ... EA
> is the natural choice for us to be associated with."
>
> Sports games make up roughly one-third of EA's annual revenues (which were
> $3.2 billion last fiscal year). While Probst would not say whether
> additional deals were in the works, he did say "anything we can do to
> solidify and make [our sports franchises] stronger, we're open to those
> strategic alternatives."
>
> EA and John Madden have teamed up for football video games for the past 15
> years and have become almost pseudonymous. However, speculation about
> whether EA would maintain the current relationship began soon after it
> announced the NFL deal. With the league license secured, the publisher may
> be reexamining ways to lower its development costs.
>
> Despite the strength of the ESPN brand, EA (Research) does not plan to use
> the network's name in its game titles as it has with Madden. Should the
> company's relationship with Madden change, the games will likely be branded
> simply "EA Sports Football".
>
> The loss of ESPN is a significant blow to Take Two (Research), which had
> been hoping to diversify its product line with sports games. While its
> relationship with Sega and Visual Concepts still stands, the companies no
> longer have a well-known hook with which to attract customers.
>
> The companies have not announced specific plans for the sports market since
> the EA-NFL announcement, but Probst said he thinks it's unwise to assume EA
> will not have competition in some form.
>
> "I think there's plenty of room for competition," said Probst. "At the end
> of the day its who can build the highest quality products. There's plenty of
> room for other third party companies - and console first-party companies -
> to do that. Just because EA Sports and ESPN are partnering I don't think
> people are going to run for the hills and not compete with us."
>
>

I think several members of AGVX just died. LMAO
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 6:31:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/commentary/game_over/co...
>
> EA teams up with ESPN

EA's learning from the Vince McMahon School of Business. :D 

Just get rid of the competition.

I don't think this is good on any level, but I guess we'll find out over the
next few years.

d
Related resources
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 9:58:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Skye, there are multitudes that don't care if it was by laughing you
did off yourself, just so long as the offing happened.

Enjoy your monopoly Skye, and next year's Madden consisting of bug
fixes, and rules and roster updates only.

- Richard Hutnik
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:09:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <FyVGd.24373$7g5.8283@fe33.usenetserver.com>, dan@work.com says...
>
>Diablo Del Toro wrote:
>>
http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/commentary/game_over/co...
>>
>> EA teams up with ESPN
>> Fifteen-year deal could mean the end of long-standing Madden football
games.
>> January 17, 2005: 3:02 PM EST
>> Game Over is a weekly column by Chris Morris
>>
>> NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Television's leading sports network and the leading
>> maker of sports video games have signed a long-term deal that could signal
>> the end of an era.
>>
>> ESPN and Electronic Arts today announced a 15-year partnership, giving EA
>> access to ESPN's broadcast, print and online contnet - as well as its
stable
>> of personalities - for all of its sports titles. The integration of the two
>> brands will begin in 2006.
>>
>> What that will mean for EA's long-standing Madden franchise remains
unknown.
>> Madden is under contract with the game publisher through this year, but has
>> not signed beyond that. EA said negotiations are continuing.
>>
>> "John Madden is under contract for the 2005-206 season and we'll see where
>> it goes from there," said Larry Probst, CEO of Electronic Arts. "But let's
>> not forget that Madden is a part of the ESPN family with Monday Night
>> Football. ... It's possible we'll continue working with John longer term."
>>
>> While the marketing relationship will likely be most visible in upcoming
>> football games, ESPN assets will appear in all of EA's sports lines,
>> including baseball, basketball, boxing, golf and racing. The two companies
>> are also planning to create new games based on ESPN content, such as the
>> network's popular X-Games.
>>
>> "Nothing finalized," said John Skipper, executive vice president for
>> ESPN/Disney. "It's natural we'd think about things such as the X-games. We
>> certainly play a lot of poker on our air, so we're thinking about that.
>> We're also thinking about bass. We have the rights to the bass license."
>>
>> (Probst, by the way, wasn't quite as excited as Skipper about a bass
fishing
>> game, so don't get your virtual rod and reel out yet.)
>>
>> The deal is the latest in a series of sports coups for EA. In December, the
>> company clinched an exclusive licensing deal with the NFL and NFL Players
>> Association. Under the terms of that deal, no other publisher can develop
or
>> publish a video game (for any system) featuring NFL teams, players,
stadiums
>> or footage for the next five years. Last week, the company struck a similar
>> deal with the Arena Football League.
>>
>> ESPN, ironically, was EA's chief competitor in the football space (by far
>> the most popular - and profitable - sports video games). The company had
>> previously teamed with Sega, Take Two Interactive and developer Visual
>> Concepts to create its own brand. Spurred by bargain pricing, "ESPN NFL
2K5"
>> proved to be a formidable threat, cutting into EA's sales and attracting a
>> wide audience.
>>
>> With EA securing the NFL rights, though, the network said an alignment made
>> sense. While the two companies have talked off and on about a partnership
>> several times in the past, the heart of this deal was done after EA won the
>> NFL rights.
>>
>> "We were very happy with our relations with Sega," said Skipper. "However,
>> if you think about who you want to be working with for the long term ... EA
>> is the natural choice for us to be associated with."
>>
>> Sports games make up roughly one-third of EA's annual revenues (which were
>> $3.2 billion last fiscal year). While Probst would not say whether
>> additional deals were in the works, he did say "anything we can do to
>> solidify and make [our sports franchises] stronger, we're open to those
>> strategic alternatives."
>>
>> EA and John Madden have teamed up for football video games for the past 15
>> years and have become almost pseudonymous. However, speculation about
>> whether EA would maintain the current relationship began soon after it
>> announced the NFL deal. With the league license secured, the publisher may
>> be reexamining ways to lower its development costs.
>>
>> Despite the strength of the ESPN brand, EA (Research) does not plan to use
>> the network's name in its game titles as it has with Madden. Should the
>> company's relationship with Madden change, the games will likely be branded
>> simply "EA Sports Football".
>>
>> The loss of ESPN is a significant blow to Take Two (Research), which had
>> been hoping to diversify its product line with sports games. While its
>> relationship with Sega and Visual Concepts still stands, the companies no
>> longer have a well-known hook with which to attract customers.
>>
>> The companies have not announced specific plans for the sports market since
>> the EA-NFL announcement, but Probst said he thinks it's unwise to assume EA
>> will not have competition in some form.
>>
>> "I think there's plenty of room for competition," said Probst. "At the end
>> of the day its who can build the highest quality products. There's plenty
of
>> room for other third party companies - and console first-party companies -
>> to do that. Just because EA Sports and ESPN are partnering I don't think
>> people are going to run for the hills and not compete with us."
>>
>>
>
>I think several members of AGVX just died. LMAO
>

Along with about ten developers.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:30:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"Diablo Del Toro" <Diablodeltoro9000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:g9VGd.44831$Wo.36408@lakeread08...
>
http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/commentary/game_over/co...
>
> EA teams up with ESPN
> Fifteen-year deal could mean the end of long-standing Madden football
games.
> January 17, 2005: 3:02 PM EST
> Game Over is a weekly column by Chris Morris
>
> NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Television's leading sports network and the leading
> maker of sports video games have signed a long-term deal that could signal
> the end of an era.
>
> ESPN and Electronic Arts today announced a 15-year partnership, giving EA
> access to ESPN's broadcast, print and online contnet - as well as its
stable
> of personalities - for all of its sports titles. The integration of the
two
> brands will begin in 2006.
>
> What that will mean for EA's long-standing Madden franchise remains
unknown.
> Madden is under contract with the game publisher through this year, but
has
> not signed beyond that. EA said negotiations are continuing.
>
> "John Madden is under contract for the 2005-206 season and we'll see where
> it goes from there," said Larry Probst, CEO of Electronic Arts. "But let's
> not forget that Madden is a part of the ESPN family with Monday Night
> Football. ... It's possible we'll continue working with John longer term."
>
> While the marketing relationship will likely be most visible in upcoming
> football games, ESPN assets will appear in all of EA's sports lines,
> including baseball, basketball, boxing, golf and racing. The two companies
> are also planning to create new games based on ESPN content, such as the
> network's popular X-Games.
>
> "Nothing finalized," said John Skipper, executive vice president for
> ESPN/Disney. "It's natural we'd think about things such as the X-games. We
> certainly play a lot of poker on our air, so we're thinking about that.
> We're also thinking about bass. We have the rights to the bass license."
>
> (Probst, by the way, wasn't quite as excited as Skipper about a bass
fishing
> game, so don't get your virtual rod and reel out yet.)
>
> The deal is the latest in a series of sports coups for EA. In December,
the
> company clinched an exclusive licensing deal with the NFL and NFL Players
> Association. Under the terms of that deal, no other publisher can develop
or
> publish a video game (for any system) featuring NFL teams, players,
stadiums
> or footage for the next five years. Last week, the company struck a
similar
> deal with the Arena Football League.
>
> ESPN, ironically, was EA's chief competitor in the football space (by far
> the most popular - and profitable - sports video games). The company had
> previously teamed with Sega, Take Two Interactive and developer Visual
> Concepts to create its own brand. Spurred by bargain pricing, "ESPN NFL
2K5"
> proved to be a formidable threat, cutting into EA's sales and attracting a
> wide audience.
>
> With EA securing the NFL rights, though, the network said an alignment
made
> sense. While the two companies have talked off and on about a partnership
> several times in the past, the heart of this deal was done after EA won
the
> NFL rights.
>
> "We were very happy with our relations with Sega," said Skipper. "However,
> if you think about who you want to be working with for the long term ...
EA
> is the natural choice for us to be associated with."
>
> Sports games make up roughly one-third of EA's annual revenues (which were
> $3.2 billion last fiscal year). While Probst would not say whether
> additional deals were in the works, he did say "anything we can do to
> solidify and make [our sports franchises] stronger, we're open to those
> strategic alternatives."
>
> EA and John Madden have teamed up for football video games for the past 15
> years and have become almost pseudonymous. However, speculation about
> whether EA would maintain the current relationship began soon after it
> announced the NFL deal. With the league license secured, the publisher may
> be reexamining ways to lower its development costs.
>
> Despite the strength of the ESPN brand, EA (Research) does not plan to use
> the network's name in its game titles as it has with Madden. Should the
> company's relationship with Madden change, the games will likely be
branded
> simply "EA Sports Football".
>
> The loss of ESPN is a significant blow to Take Two (Research), which had
> been hoping to diversify its product line with sports games. While its
> relationship with Sega and Visual Concepts still stands, the companies no
> longer have a well-known hook with which to attract customers.
>
> The companies have not announced specific plans for the sports market
since
> the EA-NFL announcement, but Probst said he thinks it's unwise to assume
EA
> will not have competition in some form.
>
> "I think there's plenty of room for competition," said Probst. "At the end
> of the day its who can build the highest quality products. There's plenty
of
> room for other third party companies - and console first-party companies -
> to do that. Just because EA Sports and ESPN are partnering I don't think
> people are going to run for the hills and not compete with us."
>
>
Just wait til next week when EA announces it exclusive rights to the word
"ball."
>
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:45:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In a related story, EA reportedly kicked sand in Sega's face and proceeded
to leave with Sega's girlfriend.


"Diablo Del Toro" <Diablodeltoro9000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:g9VGd.44831$Wo.36408@lakeread08...
>
http://money.cnn.com/2005/01/17/commentary/game_over/co...
>
> EA teams up with ESPN
> Fifteen-year deal could mean the end of long-standing Madden football
games.
> January 17, 2005: 3:02 PM EST
> Game Over is a weekly column by Chris Morris
>
> NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Television's leading sports network and the leading
> maker of sports video games have signed a long-term deal that could signal
> the end of an era.
>
> ESPN and Electronic Arts today announced a 15-year partnership, giving EA
> access to ESPN's broadcast, print and online contnet - as well as its
stable
> of personalities - for all of its sports titles. The integration of the
two
> brands will begin in 2006.
>
> What that will mean for EA's long-standing Madden franchise remains
unknown.
> Madden is under contract with the game publisher through this year, but
has
> not signed beyond that. EA said negotiations are continuing.
>
> "John Madden is under contract for the 2005-206 season and we'll see where
> it goes from there," said Larry Probst, CEO of Electronic Arts. "But let's
> not forget that Madden is a part of the ESPN family with Monday Night
> Football. ... It's possible we'll continue working with John longer term."
>
> While the marketing relationship will likely be most visible in upcoming
> football games, ESPN assets will appear in all of EA's sports lines,
> including baseball, basketball, boxing, golf and racing. The two companies
> are also planning to create new games based on ESPN content, such as the
> network's popular X-Games.
>
> "Nothing finalized," said John Skipper, executive vice president for
> ESPN/Disney. "It's natural we'd think about things such as the X-games. We
> certainly play a lot of poker on our air, so we're thinking about that.
> We're also thinking about bass. We have the rights to the bass license."
>
> (Probst, by the way, wasn't quite as excited as Skipper about a bass
fishing
> game, so don't get your virtual rod and reel out yet.)
>
> The deal is the latest in a series of sports coups for EA. In December,
the
> company clinched an exclusive licensing deal with the NFL and NFL Players
> Association. Under the terms of that deal, no other publisher can develop
or
> publish a video game (for any system) featuring NFL teams, players,
stadiums
> or footage for the next five years. Last week, the company struck a
similar
> deal with the Arena Football League.
>
> ESPN, ironically, was EA's chief competitor in the football space (by far
> the most popular - and profitable - sports video games). The company had
> previously teamed with Sega, Take Two Interactive and developer Visual
> Concepts to create its own brand. Spurred by bargain pricing, "ESPN NFL
2K5"
> proved to be a formidable threat, cutting into EA's sales and attracting a
> wide audience.
>
> With EA securing the NFL rights, though, the network said an alignment
made
> sense. While the two companies have talked off and on about a partnership
> several times in the past, the heart of this deal was done after EA won
the
> NFL rights.
>
> "We were very happy with our relations with Sega," said Skipper. "However,
> if you think about who you want to be working with for the long term ...
EA
> is the natural choice for us to be associated with."
>
> Sports games make up roughly one-third of EA's annual revenues (which were
> $3.2 billion last fiscal year). While Probst would not say whether
> additional deals were in the works, he did say "anything we can do to
> solidify and make [our sports franchises] stronger, we're open to those
> strategic alternatives."
>
> EA and John Madden have teamed up for football video games for the past 15
> years and have become almost pseudonymous. However, speculation about
> whether EA would maintain the current relationship began soon after it
> announced the NFL deal. With the league license secured, the publisher may
> be reexamining ways to lower its development costs.
>
> Despite the strength of the ESPN brand, EA (Research) does not plan to use
> the network's name in its game titles as it has with Madden. Should the
> company's relationship with Madden change, the games will likely be
branded
> simply "EA Sports Football".
>
> The loss of ESPN is a significant blow to Take Two (Research), which had
> been hoping to diversify its product line with sports games. While its
> relationship with Sega and Visual Concepts still stands, the companies no
> longer have a well-known hook with which to attract customers.
>
> The companies have not announced specific plans for the sports market
since
> the EA-NFL announcement, but Probst said he thinks it's unwise to assume
EA
> will not have competition in some form.
>
> "I think there's plenty of room for competition," said Probst. "At the end
> of the day its who can build the highest quality products. There's plenty
of
> room for other third party companies - and console first-party companies -
> to do that. Just because EA Sports and ESPN are partnering I don't think
> people are going to run for the hills and not compete with us."
>
>
>
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:46:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"Dan S" <dan@work.com> wrote in message
news:FyVGd.24373$7g5.8283@fe33.usenetserver.com...

> >
>
> I think several members of AGVX just died. LMAO


I died laughing. Does that count?
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 9:46:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Skye, I still had multiple choices when it came to football. I
actually own Madden this year, for reasons I posted (mostly the running
of the QB). I just don't like a monopoly, mmm'k? For hockey and
hoops, I have ESPN.

- Richard Hutnik
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:22:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Next up, platinum super deluxe version MUST HAVE, of EA sports titles,
with extra junk in it, for around $80. How about like free online play
also, as opposed to charging for it? They start to charge for online
play and leagues. They can do that. Base price also jumping up $5 to
to $54.99. Management will crunch the numbers and try to maximize
profits. Want to play online NFL? Well now EA has a lock on NFL, so
they can charge monthly fee for the privilage, and then discontinue
support at end of season and force you to buy it again next year.

As for new features, consider bug fixes, graphic tweaks, and updated
rules and rosters. Perhaps a few more added features that maybe they
could implement cheaply, like showing your team's players in the
background of the menu. Also, perhaps the designers will come up with
a few more features they think are fun.
The game is maximizing profits here.

- Richard Hutnik
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 11:34:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <_L_Gd.3423$Rs.1702@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>
>
>"Dan S" <dan@work.com> wrote in message
>news:FyVGd.24373$7g5.8283@fe33.usenetserver.com...
>
>> >
>>
>> I think several members of AGVX just died. LMAO
>
>
> I died laughing. Does that count?
>
>
I will die laughing when EA releases its game next year at $70 and the year
after that when it comes in at $100.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:07:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

<richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1106017087.095711.160250@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Skye, there are multitudes that don't care if it was by laughing you
> did off yourself, just so long as the offing happened.
>
> Enjoy your monopoly Skye, and next year's Madden consisting of bug
> fixes, and rules and roster updates only.


I didn't realize Sega fixed the bugs and glitches in ESPN football.
Is it downloadable content fix or do I have to go to a gaming store to pick
up a cd or memory card with the fixes on it?
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:08:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:IS3Hd.37187$St.19155@fed1read03...
> In article <_L_Gd.3423$Rs.1702@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
> >
> >
> >"Dan S" <dan@work.com> wrote in message
> >news:FyVGd.24373$7g5.8283@fe33.usenetserver.com...
> >
> >> >
> >>
> >> I think several members of AGVX just died. LMAO
> >
> >
> > I died laughing. Does that count?
> >
> >
> I will die laughing when EA releases its game next year at $70 and the
year
> after that when it comes in at $100.

I will laugh my ass off to at the morons stupid enough to purchase it.
I am already extremely selective at purchasing games for $50 dollars, if
there is any truth to the rumors that software will go up in price? I will
go back to fulltime PC gaming no questions asked.
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:09:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:WK_Gd.3421$Rs.3294@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> In a related story, EA reportedly kicked sand in Sega's face and proceeded
> to leave with Sega's girlfriend.

While slipping their hands down her their pants! ;-)
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 2:00:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Dan S wrote:

> I think several members of AGVX just died.

Why's that?

--
A dope trailer is no place for a kitty!
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:30:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

<richardhutnik@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1106017087.095711.160250@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Skye, there are multitudes that don't care if it was by laughing you
> did off yourself, just so long as the offing happened.
>
> Enjoy your monopoly Skye, and next year's Madden consisting of bug
> fixes, and rules and roster updates only.
>
> - Richard Hutnik

How come you weren't bitching when Sega had a monopoly over ESPN?
Boohooooooo
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 6:39:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:Xm_Hd.41536$St.30457@fed1read03...

> Ever play or pay for Madden on the 3DO when it first came out? A very fun
> game
> but for the price they should have had Madden sitting next to you giving
> pointers.

What, exactly, is your point?? This doesn't refute anything I said in my
post or support what you said about EA bringing out a game at $70 and then
$100. Perhaps that's because you can't refute anything I said and your
opinion is completely unwarranted?
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 7:37:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <RP_Hd.10559$ef6.8719@trnddc07>, cjmartin04@verizon.net says...
>
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:Xm_Hd.41536$St.30457@fed1read03...
>
>> Ever play or pay for Madden on the 3DO when it first came out? A very fun
>> game
>> but for the price they should have had Madden sitting next to you giving
>> pointers.
>
> What, exactly, is your point?? This doesn't refute anything I said in my
>post or support what you said about EA bringing out a game at $70 and then
>$100. Perhaps that's because you can't refute anything I said and your
>opinion is completely unwarranted?
>
>
Just wait until next year chief.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 7:40:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:p G%Hd.41541$St.4895@fed1read03...
> In article <RP_Hd.10559$ef6.8719@trnddc07>, cjmartin04@verizon.net says...
>>
>>
>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>news:Xm_Hd.41536$St.30457@fed1read03...
>>
>>> Ever play or pay for Madden on the 3DO when it first came out? A very
>>> fun
>>> game
>>> but for the price they should have had Madden sitting next to you giving
>>> pointers.
>>
>> What, exactly, is your point?? This doesn't refute anything I said in
>> my
>>post or support what you said about EA bringing out a game at $70 and then
>>$100. Perhaps that's because you can't refute anything I said and your
>>opinion is completely unwarranted?
>>
>>
> Just wait until next year chief.

LMAO.....Completely incapable of actually supporting your point, just as I
thought.
>
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 6:43:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <3J%Hd.7661$CI6.6047@trnddc06>, cjmartin04@verizon.net says...
>
>
>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>news:p G%Hd.41541$St.4895@fed1read03...
>> In article <RP_Hd.10559$ef6.8719@trnddc07>, cjmartin04@verizon.net says...
>>>
>>>
>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>news:Xm_Hd.41536$St.30457@fed1read03...
>>>
>>>> Ever play or pay for Madden on the 3DO when it first came out? A very
>>>> fun
>>>> game
>>>> but for the price they should have had Madden sitting next to you giving
>>>> pointers.
>>>
>>> What, exactly, is your point?? This doesn't refute anything I said in
>>> my
>>>post or support what you said about EA bringing out a game at $70 and then
>>>$100. Perhaps that's because you can't refute anything I said and your
>>>opinion is completely unwarranted?
>>>
>>>
>> Just wait until next year chief.
>
>LMAO.....Completely incapable of actually supporting your point, just as I
>thought.
>>
>
>
LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the really
good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox 2. Then
it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
January 21, 2005 6:43:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

It will be a couple years when everyone is settling down from all this
before they hang it in us. It will happen, they can charge anything they
like now, if you want to play nfl games you will have to pay. I also expect
a charge for online play as well. They have to make up for the 300m they
spent.
Brad
"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
> In article <3J%Hd.7661$CI6.6047@trnddc06>, cjmartin04@verizon.net says...
> >
> >
> >"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> >news:p G%Hd.41541$St.4895@fed1read03...
> >> In article <RP_Hd.10559$ef6.8719@trnddc07>, cjmartin04@verizon.net
says...
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> >>>news:Xm_Hd.41536$St.30457@fed1read03...
> >>>
> >>>> Ever play or pay for Madden on the 3DO when it first came out? A very
> >>>> fun
> >>>> game
> >>>> but for the price they should have had Madden sitting next to you
giving
> >>>> pointers.
> >>>
> >>> What, exactly, is your point?? This doesn't refute anything I said
in
> >>> my
> >>>post or support what you said about EA bringing out a game at $70 and
then
> >>>$100. Perhaps that's because you can't refute anything I said and your
> >>>opinion is completely unwarranted?
> >>>
> >>>
> >> Just wait until next year chief.
> >
> >LMAO.....Completely incapable of actually supporting your point, just as
I
> >thought.
> >>
> >
> >
> LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
really
> good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox 2.
Then
> it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 4:23:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...

> LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
> really
> good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox 2.
> Then
> it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.

It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions. It's
quite obvious you don't have anything to support this opinion because you
don't even bother to take the time to rationally engage somebody that comes
at you with actual facts about how monopolies by EA in other sports for
years have not caused an increase in the price of non collector's edition
games beyond the price point set by the industry as a whole, in this case
$50, or resulted in costs for online play for the PS2 for extremely popular
titles like Madden which held a monopoly on the NFL for years before ESPN,
or College Football which is the only college football game or Tiger Woods,
which I believe is the only PGA game. You can't make a rational supported
argument about why you're right, all you can say to support your opinion is
"Just wait until next year chief." We're all supposed to just believe this
is going to occur out of nowhere with one big swoop because you "believe" it
will happen because of a couple deals that haven't really effectively
changed much in the sports gaming landscape as a whole. The only way you'd
have a point that this deal has changed things a whole lot is if ESPN
actually was really cutting into Madden's sales...and according to the
numbers it's not doing that at all this year. Madden IIRC, is still in the
combined Top 4 for XBox and PS2 sales this year behind Halo, GTA: SA and I
believe just ahead of the original Halo. ESPN isn't in the top 5, and
possibly not in the top 10 this year because it's unfortunately, the same
game as last year and consumers after it was out a while figured that out.
Any rational intelligent person can see right through your opinion for
what it is, simply an irrational opinion born of a extremely simplistic
"monopoly is bad and always results in higher prices...competition is always
good and always results in lower prices...therefore EA will raise prices as
much as they want without ESPN around" idea. How old are you, 15? I'd
expect this type of argument out of a high school student (and I apologize
in advance to any teenager reading this who actually understands how to and
can rationally argue an idea and that one needs facts to support an
opinion...and respects other people enough to not refer to them as "chief").
I'd hope an adult could do better and realize they should have actual
rational reasons for holding an opinion, but maybe a few people on this NG
are exceptions to that.
I know I'm not going to convince you that you're wrong to have this
opinion though, because people that hold irrational opinions and beliefs
cling onto them for dear life for fear of actually having to intelligently
examine what they believe and why they believe it.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 5:47:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <Y72dnbjldN_S72zcRVn-uA@comcast.com>, bdarnell1966@comcast.net
says...
>
>It will be a couple years when everyone is settling down from all this
>before they hang it in us. It will happen, they can charge anything they
>like now, if you want to play nfl games you will have to pay. I also expect
>a charge for online play as well. They have to make up for the 300m they
>spent.
>Brad


Ding, Ding, Ding...We have a winner! Somebody else in this thread is living in
"EA LOOKS OUT FOR THE CONSUMER" land.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:01:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>
> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>
> > LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
> > really
> > good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
2.
> > Then
> > it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>
> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
> believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.

Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2, Fable,
and every other software alternative gamers have.

Skye
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 6:57:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>
>
>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>>
>> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>>
>> > LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>> > really
>> > good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
>2.
>> > Then
>> > it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>>
>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
>> believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
>
> Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2, Fable,
>and every other software alternative gamers have.
>
>Skye
>
>
ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA realized
this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum guzzler
clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my bitch
now.
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 2:27:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

Brad wrote:
> It will be a couple years when everyone is settling down from all this
> before they hang it in us. It will happen, they can charge anything they
> like now, if you want to play nfl games you will have to pay. I also expect
> a charge for online play as well. They have to make up for the 300m they
> spent.
> Brad

I don't think you are going to see a price increase on the games, people
are not going to go for that. What you will see most likely though is a
pay to play online deal. That part is just about a gimme...I remember
the last survey I got from/for EA/Madden and they asked about all sorts
of price points, from the games themselves, to NUMEROUS price packages
for online play, with various options in them. So be it on the PS2 (or
PS3 for that matter) you are definitely going to be paying for online
play in the near future when it comes to EA. Sad part is the Xbox people
who will likely be charged on top of the normal charge they pay already
to play games online.


> "MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>
>>In article <3J%Hd.7661$CI6.6047@trnddc06>, cjmartin04@verizon.net says...
>>
>>>
>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>news:p G%Hd.41541$St.4895@fed1read03...
>>>
>>>>In article <RP_Hd.10559$ef6.8719@trnddc07>, cjmartin04@verizon.net
>>>
> says...
>
>>>>>
>>>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>news:Xm_Hd.41536$St.30457@fed1read03...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>Ever play or pay for Madden on the 3DO when it first came out? A very
>>>>>>fun
>>>>>>game
>>>>>>but for the price they should have had Madden sitting next to you
>>>>>
> giving
>
>>>>>>pointers.
>>>>>
>>>>> What, exactly, is your point?? This doesn't refute anything I said
>>>>
> in
>
>>>>>my
>>>>>post or support what you said about EA bringing out a game at $70 and
>>>>
> then
>
>>>>>$100. Perhaps that's because you can't refute anything I said and your
>>>>>opinion is completely unwarranted?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>Just wait until next year chief.
>>>
>>>LMAO.....Completely incapable of actually supporting your point, just as
>>
> I
>
>>>thought.
>>>
>>>
>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>
> really
>
>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox 2.
>
> Then
>
>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>>
>
>
>
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 2:30:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>
>>
>>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>>
>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>>>
>>>
>>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>>>>really
>>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
>>>
>>2.
>>
>>>>Then
>>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>>>
>>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
>>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
>>
>>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
>>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2, Fable,
>>and every other software alternative gamers have.
>>
>>Skye
>>
>>
>
> ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA realized
> this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum guzzler
> clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my bitch
> now.
>

Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 7:33:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
news:41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net...
>
>
> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> > In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> > carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
> >
> >>
> >>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
> >>
> >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> >>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
> >>>>really
> >>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
> >>>
> >>2.
> >>
> >>>>Then
> >>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
> >>>
> >>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
> >>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
> >>
> >>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
> >>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2,
Fable,
> >>and every other software alternative gamers have.
> >>
> >>Skye
> >>
> >>
> >
> > ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
realized
> > this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum
guzzler
> > clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my
bitch
> > now.
> >
>
> Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 

Madden destroyed ESPN on all consoles. Like I said, it's a whole lot of fun
watching the Sega fangirls go nuts.

Skye
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 8:31:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
news:41F27EF3.6050709@massivegrooves.net...
>
>
> Brad wrote:
> > It will be a couple years when everyone is settling down from all this
> > before they hang it in us. It will happen, they can charge anything they
> > like now, if you want to play nfl games you will have to pay. I also
expect
> > a charge for online play as well. They have to make up for the 300m they
> > spent.
> > Brad
>
> I don't think you are going to see a price increase on the games, people
> are not going to go for that. What you will see most likely though is a
> pay to play online deal. That part is just about a gimme...I remember
> the last survey I got from/for EA/Madden and they asked about all sorts
> of price points, from the games themselves, to NUMEROUS price packages
> for online play, with various options in them. So be it on the PS2 (or
> PS3 for that matter) you are definitely going to be paying for online
> play in the near future when it comes to EA. Sad part is the Xbox people
> who will likely be charged on top of the normal charge they pay already
> to play games online.

I definitely wont pay to play one title online.
I was, and still am, on the fence about paying MS to play online.
I don't think they should charge either.
MS and EA the kings of monopoly
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 8:32:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
news:41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net...
>
>
> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> > In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> > carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
> >
> >>
> >>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
> >>
> >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> >>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
> >>>>really
> >>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
> >>>
> >>2.
> >>
> >>>>Then
> >>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
> >>>
> >>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
> >>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
> >>
> >>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
> >>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2,
Fable,
> >>and every other software alternative gamers have.
> >>
> >>Skye
> >>
> >>
> >
> > ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
realized
> > this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum
guzzler
> > clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my
bitch
> > now.
> >
>
> Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 

Regardless of how well ESPN did, EA sales numbers are up from last year on
Madden.
So how can anyone say ESPN hurt Madden in sales if their numbers are up?
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 8:34:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:nfvId.3866$cZ1.2438@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
> news:41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net...
> >
> >
> > MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> > > In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> > > carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
> > >
> > >>
> > >>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > >>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
> > >>
> > >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> > >>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
> > >>>>really
> > >>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and
Xbox
> > >>>
> > >>2.
> > >>
> > >>>>Then
> > >>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
> > >>>
> > >>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this
NG
> > >>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and
opinions.
> > >>
> > >>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
> > >>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2,
> Fable,
> > >>and every other software alternative gamers have.
> > >>
> > >>Skye
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> > > ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
> realized
> > > this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum
> guzzler
> > > clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your
my
> bitch
> > > now.
> > >
> >
> > Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>
> Madden destroyed ESPN on all consoles. Like I said, it's a whole lot of
fun
> watching the Sega fangirls go nuts.

Oh STFU you lil EA asslicking cocksmoking bitch!
How can you enjoy EA starting to monopolize the gaming industry?
Oh go buy an XBox if you like companies that monopolize other companies so
much....... ooooooops
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:06:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

"lighten up francis" <tellmeyou@loveme.please> wrote in message
news:jpWdnazyDsLuSW_cRVn-hA@suscom.com...

> > > ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
> realized
> > > this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum
> guzzler
> > > clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your
my
> bitch
> > > now.
> > >
> >
> > Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>
> Regardless of how well ESPN did, EA sales numbers are up from last year on
> Madden.
> So how can anyone say ESPN hurt Madden in sales if their numbers are up?

Because EA's numbers weren't WAY WAY up? Isn't 2 WAYs better than 1?

Sega dropping to 19.99 and still getting its ass kicked is amusing beyond
belief.

Skye
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:24:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net>,
massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net says...
>
>
>
>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>> carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>>
>>>
>>>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>>>
>>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>>>>>really
>>>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
>>>>
>>>2.
>>>
>>>>>Then
>>>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>>>>
>>>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
>>>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
>>>
>>>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
>>>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2, Fable,
>>>and every other software alternative gamers have.
>>>
>>>Skye
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
realized
>> this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum guzzler
>> clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my
bitch
>> now.
>>
>
>Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>

http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/41228.sh...

Its not science. NPD tracks US sales. What was that about ass?
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:24:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net>,
> massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net says...
>
>>
>>
>>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>>
>>>In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>>>carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>>>
>>>
>>>>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>>>>>>really
>>>>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
>>>>>
>>>>2.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>>Then
>>>>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>>>>>
>>>>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
>>>>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
>>>>
>>>>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
>>>>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2, Fable,
>>>>and every other software alternative gamers have.
>>>>
>>>>Skye
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
>>
> realized
>
>>>this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum guzzler
>>>clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my
>>
> bitch
>
>>>now.
>>>
>>
>>Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>>
>
>
> http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/41228.sh...
>
> Its not science. NPD tracks US sales. What was that about ass?
>


1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
2. Halo 2 (Xbox)
3. Madden NFL 2005 (PS2)
4. ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2)
5. Need For Speed: Underground 2 (PS2)
6. Pokemon Fire Red /w Adapter (GBA)
7. NBA Live 2005 (PS2)
8. Spider-Man: The Movie 2 (PS2)
9. Halo (Xbox)
10. ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)

So where exactly are the NUMBERS there ;)  That little top ten list
really doesn't prove what you claim/want it to.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:29:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <nfvId.3866$cZ1.2438@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>
>
>"massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>news:41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net...
>>
>>
>> MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> > In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>> > carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>> >
>> >>
>> >>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> >>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>> >>
>> >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> >>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>> >>>
>> >>>
>> >>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>> >>>>really
>> >>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
>> >>>
>> >>2.
>> >>
>> >>>>Then
>> >>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>> >>>
>> >>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
>> >>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
>> >>
>> >>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
>> >>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2,
>Fable,
>> >>and every other software alternative gamers have.
>> >>
>> >>Skye
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>> > ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
>realized
>> > this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum
>guzzler
>> > clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my
>bitch
>> > now.
>> >
>>
>> Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>
>Madden destroyed ESPN on all consoles. Like I said, it's a whole lot of fun
>watching the Sega fangirls go nuts.
>
>Skye
>
>

http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/41228.sh...

LOL!!! I sure wish you could read Skye. You might just start to realize that
having ESPN in the top ten for the Xbox and Madden not even showing means that
ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox. Your not having half as much fun as this
fanboy is having showing that your a tard who can't read a simple NPD chart.
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:31:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <YJSdnaww1bBLSW_cRVn-vw@suscom.com>, tellmeyou@loveme.please
says...
>
>
>"Skye" <carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:nfvId.3866$cZ1.2438@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>>
>> "massivegrooves" <massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net> wrote in message
>> news:41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net...
>> >
>> >
>> > MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> > > In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>> > > carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>> > >
>> > >>
>> > >>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> > >>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>> > >>
>> > >>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>> > >>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>> > >>>
>> > >>>
>> > >>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>> > >>>>really
>> > >>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and
>Xbox
>> > >>>
>> > >>2.
>> > >>
>> > >>>>Then
>> > >>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>> > >>>
>> > >>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this
>NG
>> > >>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and
>opinions.
>> > >>
>> > >>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
>> > >>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2,
>> Fable,
>> > >>and every other software alternative gamers have.
>> > >>
>> > >>Skye
>> > >>
>> > >>
>> > >
>> > > ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
>> realized
>> > > this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum
>> guzzler
>> > > clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your
>my
>> bitch
>> > > now.
>> > >
>> >
>> > Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>>
>> Madden destroyed ESPN on all consoles. Like I said, it's a whole lot of
>fun
>> watching the Sega fangirls go nuts.
>
>Oh STFU you lil EA asslicking cocksmoking bitch!
>How can you enjoy EA starting to monopolize the gaming industry?
>Oh go buy an XBox if you like companies that monopolize other companies so
>much....... ooooooops
>
>

http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/41228.sh...

Read the article. Skye can't handle the fact that ESPN outsold Madden on the
Xbox and almost did on the PS2. LMAO!!!!
Anonymous
January 23, 2005 5:36:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <cUBId.7506$rp1.622@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>
>
>"lighten up francis" <tellmeyou@loveme.please> wrote in message
>news:jpWdnazyDsLuSW_cRVn-hA@suscom.com...
>
>> > > ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
>> realized
>> > > this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum
>> guzzler
>> > > clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your
>my
>> bitch
>> > > now.
>> > >
>> >
>> > Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>>
>> Regardless of how well ESPN did, EA sales numbers are up from last year on
>> Madden.
>> So how can anyone say ESPN hurt Madden in sales if their numbers are up?
>
>Because EA's numbers weren't WAY WAY up? Isn't 2 WAYs better than 1?
>
>Sega dropping to 19.99 and still getting its ass kicked is amusing beyond
>belief.
>
>Skye
>
>

http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/41228.sh...

If it were only true. Whats amusing is the fact that a mental midget like
yourself Skye can't handle reading a simple NPD sales chart.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 1:18:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games (More info?)

In article <41F3230A.5010605@massivegrooves.net>,
massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net says...
>
>
>
>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>> In article <41F27FC1.5070802@massivegrooves.net>,
>> massivegrooves@massivegrooves.net says...
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
>>>
>>>>In article <VljId.3442$cZ1.654@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
>>>>carolinaconvicts2@yahoo.com says...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>"Christopher Martin" <cjmartin04@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>>>news:1WhId.11770$HT6.5183@trnddc04...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>>news:Zq9Id.41563$St.23972@fed1read03...
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>LMAO.....my point will be made by EA next year. They wont spring the
>>>>>>>really
>>>>>>>good price point until ESPN/Madden game comes out for the PS3 and Xbox
>>>>>>
>>>>>2.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>>>Then
>>>>>>>it will be time to bend over and grab ankles.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> It's simply amazing, and truly sad, that people like you on this NG
>>>>>>believe things without any facts to support your beliefs and opinions.
>>>>>
>>>>>Because dipshit sega fangirls like him fail to recognize that Madden's
>>>>>competition wasn't the weakly marketed ESPN Football. It was Halo 2,
Fable,
>>>>>and every other software alternative gamers have.
>>>>>
>>>>>Skye
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>ESPN outsold Madden on the Xbox and almost outsold it on the PS2. EA
>>>
>> realized
>>
>>>>this and thats why they bought off the NFL. I guess being a EA cum guzzler
>>>>clouds your vision on this. Oh and who is stalking who? I guess your my
>>>
>> bitch
>>
>>>>now.
>>>>
>>>
>>>Where are you getting your sales numbers from?!?!? Your ass maybe?? ;) 
>>>
>>
>>
>> http://gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/41228.sh...
>>
>> Its not science. NPD tracks US sales. What was that about ass?
>>
>
>
> 1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
> 2. Halo 2 (Xbox)
> 3. Madden NFL 2005 (PS2)
> 4. ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2)
> 5. Need For Speed: Underground 2 (PS2)
> 6. Pokemon Fire Red /w Adapter (GBA)
> 7. NBA Live 2005 (PS2)
> 8. Spider-Man: The Movie 2 (PS2)
> 9. Halo (Xbox)
> 10. ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)
>
>So where exactly are the NUMBERS there ;)  That little top ten list
>really doesn't prove what you claim/want it to.
>

Uh....what part of top ten in SALES do you not understand. If ESPN for the
Xbox is in the top ten and Madden for the Xbox is not then it means ESPN
outsold Madden on the Xbox. Like I said its not science.
!