New Build Advice - Triple Screen Gaming @ 5880*1080

Approximate Purchase Date: next week

Budget Range: 1000€-2000€

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Only Gaming (rfactor2, iracing, pcars, race07, and other racing simulators...)

Parts Not Required: PSU (corsair TX-650W V2), monitors (3x Asus VS248H, dvd player, HDD, SSD, case (Cooler Master Advanced II),

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country: Portugal

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 5880*1080 full HD

Additional Comments: nothing special

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parts already considered:


Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - CML8GX3M2A1600C9

Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

Intel Core i5 3570K

Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP


thanx for helping
21 answers Last reply
More about build advice triple screen gaming 5880 1080
  1. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

    If you look at the graphics chart you'll see that the GTX 680 is higher rated than the 7970 , will do four monitors and is generaly less expensive then the 7970.
  2. the reason for the AMD card is that I heard the nvidia aren't that good in racin games... is this true?

    my goal is to have a powerful enough PC to play max settings with 3 monitors at that high resolution...

    thanx
  3. I'll go out of a slghtly wild limb and suggest a pair of 2 GB HD 7850s
  4. I would definitely stick with your i5 3570k CPU. For your purposes, gaming, it is pretty much the best option on the market for your build.
  5. marcosg said:
    the reason for the AMD card is that I heard the nvidia aren't that good in racin games... is this true?

    my goal is to have a powerful enough PC to play max settings with 3 monitors at that high resolution...

    thanx


    It really depends from game to game, not the entire genre. Which racing games do you want to play? you could look up benchmarks for the individual game.

    And if you want to have max setting all the time at that res, especially if you play any games in the fps genre, you will want to have 2 gpu (sli/ crossfire).

    Sidenote: If you did go with dual gpus, you will need a larger power supply.
  6. I only play racing games like rfactor, iracing, race07, pcars and alike...
  7. ScrewySqrl said:
    I'll go out of a slghtly wild limb and suggest a pair of 2 GB HD 7850s

    I agree with this. You already bought a 650w PSU and the most GPU you can run with that is 2 7850's. You can't really upgrade once you get a GTX 680 because that PSU cannot handle 2 in SLI.
  8. if you think it's needed I can sell this PSU and buy a new one... or keep this for a while with one card and buy anather GPU+PSU later...

    thanx
  9. Well racing sims are not too demanding so 2 7850's will probably be enough
  10. Well, what do you think about this build?

    Is it ok?


    Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - CML8GX3M2A1600C9

    Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

    Intel Core i5-3570K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

    2X Sapphire HD 7870 2MB GHZ OC

    Corsair TX-850M


    Still in doubt wether to put in AMD or Nvidia cards............. Maybe 2 GTX670 instead of this HD 7870?

    Is this RAM good enough?

    thnx for helping
  11. marcosg said:
    Well, what do you think about this build?

    Is it ok?


    Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - CML8GX3M2A1600C9

    Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

    Intel Core i5-3570K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

    2X Sapphire HD 7870 2MB GHZ OC

    Corsair TX-850M


    Still in doubt wether to put in AMD or Nvidia cards............. Maybe 2 GTX670 instead of this HD 7870?

    Is this RAM good enough?

    thnx for helping


    Yes I would get 2 670's instead of 2 7870's. Here in America there is only a 50$ difference for a lot more performance.

    And I would not get toothy Corsair ram. Try to find some low profile ram that will not get in the way of the heatsink.
  12. Well... After much reading about triple screen and GPU power needed I realise that maybe I just rushed a bit buying 2 more monitors... triple screen gaming is still early days and to game with everything maxed out is a big big challenge and very expensive...

    So I'm considering this build for now... Is this fine for triple screens but without everything maxed out?

    Wich Graphics Card would you choose? Is there much advantage from 3mb to 4mb with triple screens?

    Is the Extreme4 enough?


    G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 or Asrock Z77 Extreme 6???

    Intel Core i5-3570K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

    ASUS HD 7970 3MB TOP or EVGA GTX 670 Superclocked+ w/Backplate 4GB???

    Corsair TX-650 V2


    Thnx for your inputs and for yopur patience.........
  13. well, I spent all my weekend reading about GPU's and triple screen gaming, and made a decision.

    Altough GTX680 is a great, card both alone or Sli, the HD 7970 with it's 3MB obtains great results at higher resolutions. Finally, AMD launched a new HD 7970 called GHZ edition for 500€, wich made my mind...

    So my PC will be something like this:


    G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 or Asrock Z77 Extreme 6???

    Intel Core i5-3570K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

    ASUS HD 7970 3MB GHZ Edition

    Corsair TX-650 V2


    The only doubt now is the motherboard... Is te Extreme6 worth the extra money?

    thanx
  14. Quote:
    well, I spent all my weekend reading about GPU's and triple screen gaming, and made a decision.

    Altough GTX680 is a great, card both alone or Sli, the HD 7970 with it's 3MB obtains great results at higher resolutions. Finally, AMD launched a new HD 7970 called GHZ edition for 500€, wich made my mind...

    So my PC will be something like this:


    G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

    Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 or Asrock Z77 Extreme 6???

    Intel Core i5-3570K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

    ASUS HD 7970 3MB GHZ Edition

    Corsair TX-650 V2


    The only doubt now is the motherboard... Is te Extreme6 worth the extra money?

    thanx

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-680-sli-overclock-surround,3162-5.html --> No it looks to be the other way around, and the GHZ edition is just a factory OC'd 7970 that can't be overclocked any further. Not to mention its power hungry and very loud. The GTX 680 is a much better card.

    And I think the Extreme6 is worth the extra money.
  15. grrrrrrrrrrrr... now that I thought I had made up my mind........ :D

    extreme6 will be!


    about the graphics card... maybe going to wait one or two months... I'm gona buy MB, RAM and Processor and try them with a Sapphire HD 7870 2GB OC I have and see how they go together........

    something like this:

    G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR

    Asrock Z77 Extreme 6

    Intel Core i5-3570K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

    SAPPHIRE HD 7870 2MB OC GHZ Edition

    Corsair TX-650 V2


    thanx
  16. I would get a 750w PSU so you have the option of Crossfire with 2 7870's.

    Here in the Unites States there is only a 50$ difference between the 7870 you listed and the GTX 670 which is a much better card and beats the 7970 in most cases. And also a 750w PSU is plenty for SLI so if you can stretch for a 750w PSU and a GTX 670 DO IT.
  17. mjmjpfaff said:
    I would get a 750w PSU so you have the option of Crossfire with 2 7870's.

    Here in the Unites States there is only a 50$ difference between the 7870 you listed and the GTX 670 which is a much better card and beats the 7970 in most cases. And also a 750w PSU is plenty for SLI so if you can stretch for a 750w PSU and a GTX 670 DO IT.


    well, the thing is I already own one HD 7870 and the corsair TX-650W, so for now I'll stick to them...

    meanwhile I'll try to sell them both and upgrade to a new PSU enough for SLI and a new card (maybe de GTX 670 or the 680)...

    The rest of the configuration is ok, right? having in mind future psu and card upgrade....

    thnx again for your help.......
  18. Yes the rest looks great.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product