Eyefinity Setup Port/Cable Question

camber799

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Building a new system. I have a XFX Double D HD 7770 Black Edition which has 1 each of 3 outputs:

DL-DVI-I
HDMI
Mini DisplayPort

I currently have 2 displays:
Samsung SyncMaster 2343BWX (center display, 2048 x 1152, DVI, VGA)
old Samsung SyncMaster 191T (side display, 1280 x 1024, DVI, VGA)

Question 1: Do I need to use the mini Display port for 2 display/Eyefinity configuration or can I use the DVI and HDMI ports for now?

I'm thinking that I will be adding a new display or perhaps will be replacing all of them (they're old) but my current goal is to get the new system built. When that time comes I'd rather purchase a display(s) with mini DP and HDMI support rather than purchase an expensive mini DP to DVI adapter which is about 40% of the cost of a decent display. The active HDMI to DVI adapter is relatively inexpensive (~$30).

Question 2: And, since the 2343bwx is the better and my primary display-which port should I plug that into?

Thank you for your help!

Solution
Its don't believe it is considered eyefinity unless you are using three or more monitors, you should be able just use HDMI and DVI, or all HDMI, or all DVI, or even all VGA.

I'd just use DVI for both of them.

Helltech

Distinguished
Its don't believe it is considered eyefinity unless you are using three or more monitors, you should be able just use HDMI and DVI, or all HDMI, or all DVI, or even all VGA.

I'd just use DVI for both of them.

Solution

camber799

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012

Helltech

Distinguished
Until you get a third display you don't need to worry about display port at all.

An adapter would be cheaper (if you get it off Amazon and not somewhere like Newegg) a cable will run you more money, but it doesn't really matter.