Drive Letters

February 13, 2005 3:01:30 PM

I have a new computer with XP home on it. The system came with 5 memory card
readers which come up as drives E through I and I will probably never use
these. I want to change their drive letters so that I can match this unit
with the other computers on my network. I cannot find out how to change the
drive assignments. Is it possible without disabling these drives?

--
Have A Great Day
Bill M.

More about : drive letters

Anonymous
February 13, 2005 4:02:48 PM

Bill,
START > Right Click MY COMPUTER > left click MANAGE > Left Click DISK
MANAGEMENT
Will let you rename the drives to whatever you want.
TonySper

"William C. Meyer" <gingem@email.com> wrote in message
I have a new computer with XP home on it. The system came with 5
memory card
readers which come up as drives E through I and I will probably never
use
these. I want to change their drive letters so that I can match this
unit
with the other computers on my network. I cannot find out how to
change the
drive assignments. Is it possible without disabling these drives?

--
Have A Great Day
Bill M.
Anonymous
February 13, 2005 9:04:05 PM

Thank You Tony
For some reason I only saw the 2 mounted drives there and never noticed
the bottom list!

--
Have A Great Day
Bill M.

Do that myself sometimes. Forget to scroll down.

!