Best 2300$ build

this is the full setup i am going to buy to make it clearer =)
Case: AEROCOOL XPREDATOR BLACK EDITION or Cooler Master XM
CPU: intel i5 2550k
GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW oula Superclocked 2Gb Sli or Asus gtx 670 DirectCU II TOP sli 2Gb
PowerSupply: CORSAIR HX - 850W
Hard Drive: SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA 3 2Tb 6 Gb/s, 64 Mo, 7200 trs/min + OCZ VERTEX 4 - 128 Gb
RAM: PC G.SKILL KIT EXTREME3 2 X 4 Gb PC15000 ARES CAS9 1866 Mhz
Mothe Board: Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Fan: COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO + 1 Ventilo + ARCTIC SILVER ARCTIC SILVER 5

I want it for Gaming and Surfing the NEt + little rendering my gameplay!
34 answers Last reply
More about best 2300 build
  1. you have chosen a sandy bridge CPU, which I would not suggest if you are building a $2300 desktop. I would need to know in more detail what exactly you would be using this build for - gaming/surfing/movies/music? or maybe stuff that needs high rendering , programs like Photoshop or Adobe.

    For the former, I would suggest the i5 3570k , which is an Ivy Bridge

    For the latter, I would suggest i7 3770k Ivy Bridge


    you really need to follow the guidelines for how to make a "first build" post. It will be easier for all of us.

    here is a link to it

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice
  2. ^ Yes, please fill out the information in the link posted above.
  3. I want it for Gaming and Surfing the NEt + little rendering my gameplay!
  4. Here's what I would get on a $2300 build:

    Case: NZXT Switch 810 - $169.99
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 950W - $149.99
    Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 - $319.99
    CPU: 3.2GHz Intel Core i7-3930K - $559.99
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 Socket LGA 2011 Edition - $85.99
    RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHz 1.5V Quad Channel - $84.99
    SSD: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 - $129.99
    HD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green ST 5900RPM - $119.99
    Optical: LG Blu Ray Burner - $79.99
    Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 - $399.99
    OS: Windows 7 Pro - $139.99

    Total: $2,299.89
  5. hmmm a very tempting choice , and if take this choice i will have to take the SLI for later...
  6. Eh. I prefer the original build to g-unit's suggestions. An extra $150 at least on the X79 platform for the mobo, not to mention the extra $300 on the CPU, just doesn't make sense for gaming. Same (to a lesser extent) for $170 on the case, $85 on a cooler, an extra $40 on Windows 7 Pro. The original build had 670s in SLI, which is much more important for gaming than those indulgences.
  7. motorneuron said:
    Eh. I prefer the original build to g-unit's suggestions. An extra $150 at least on the X79 platform for the mobo, not to mention the extra $300 on the CPU, just doesn't make sense for gaming. Same (to a lesser extent) for $170 on the case, $85 on a cooler, an extra $40 on Windows 7 Pro. The original build had 670s in SLI, which is much more important for gaming than those indulgences.


    You're right that it probably doesn't - I like the X79 chipset and really wanted to get it for my build but I couldn't justify the cost of it. I could always reconfigure the build to use Ivy but even then the i7 isn't needed for gaming.

    Maybe try something like this:

    Case: NZXT Switch 810 - $169.99
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MKII 950W - $149.99
    Motherboard: EVGA Z77 FTW - $329.99
    CPU: 3.4GHz Intel Core i5-3570K - $219.99
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 - $95.99
    RAM: 8GB Kingston Hyper X 1600MHz 1.5V - $69.99
    SSD: 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 - $129.99
    HD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green ST 5900RPM - $119.99
    Optical: LG Blu Ray Burner - $79.99
    Video Card: 2 x EVGA Geforce GTX 670 - $399.99 each ($799.98 total)
    OS: Windows 7 Home Premium - $99.99

    Total: $2,235.98
  8. The X79 is not necessary and you don't have to go to the limit on your $2300 build to get amazing performance.

    PSU: Corsair AX850W Gold Rated $200
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD75 $190
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K $230
    Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212+ $30
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz $47
    SSD: 256GB Crucial M4 $215
    HD: 500GB WD Velociraptor $229
    Optical : LG Blu Ray Burner $80
    Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW x2 $840
    OS: Windows 7 64 Bit $100

    Total: $2161

    Superior performance in games with the sli 670 setup. Go to a single card and drop $420 off the price. I like the Velociraptor HDD, but you could go with any cheaper HDD option there and probably be fine.
  9. Bolivious said:
    The X79 is not necessary and you don't have to go to the limit on your $2300 build to get amazing performance.

    PSU: Corsair AX850W Gold Rated $200
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD75 $190
    CPU: Intel i5-3570K $230
    Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper EVO 212+ $30
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz $47
    SSD: 256GB Crucial M4 $215
    HD: 500GB WD Velociraptor $229
    Optical : LG Blu Ray Burner $80
    Video Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW x2 $840
    OS: Windows 7 64 Bit $100

    Total: $2161

    Superior performance in games with the sli 670 setup. Go to a single card and drop $420 off the price. I like the Velociraptor HDD, but you could go with any cheaper HDD option there and probably be fine.


    I am not a fan of the Velociraptor HDs or any expensive storage gimmicks like the Revodrive - with an M4 you won't notice any difference between 5900RPM - 7200RPM - 10K RPM.
  10. motorneuron said:
    Eh. I prefer the original build to g-unit's suggestions. An extra $150 at least on the X79 platform for the mobo, not to mention the extra $300 on the CPU, just doesn't make sense for gaming. Same (to a lesser extent) for $170 on the case, $85 on a cooler, an extra $40 on Windows 7 Pro. The original build had 670s in SLI, which is much more important for gaming than those indulgences.

    It is hard to tell if the X79 platform is not important when the OP did not even say what he would use his rig for.

    @OP: Please fill out this- http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice
  11. look up i updated it!
  12. It is for Gaming......
  13. What resolution are you looking to play at. If it just 1080p a single GTX 670 can max out every game.
  14. 1080p, but i want the SLI for the future games, and if i dont get the same Card for SLI i will have some problems! right?
  15. Suprem0 said:
    1080p, but i want the SLI for the future games, and if i dont get the same Card for SLI i will have some problems! right?


    You can always add a second card down the road - you don't have to get one right away - SLI is there for that reason.
  16. g-unit1111 said:
    You can always add a second card down the road - you don't have to get one right away - SLI is there for that reason.

    ^Exactly. And you will be paying less for the second card later.
  17. but the Sli card have to be of the same company and the same reference, right?
  18. Suprem0 said:
    but the Sli card have to be of the same company and the same reference, right?


    No - they may have to be the same manufacturer for driver reasons but they don't necessarily have to be the same clock speed or reference model. It helps but it isn't really necessary.
  19. The card have to be the the same model (GTX 670) but it can be from different retailers ( MSI, Gigabyte etc...).
  20. ok thanks, i guess i will remove one card and buy the other one when the price drops!
    thanks guys!
    for the monitor , which one should i buy ? ( i like to have 27 ultra high resolution)
  21. Suprem0 said:
    ok thanks, i guess i will remove one card and buy the other one when the price drops!
    thanks guys!
    for the monitor , which one should i buy ? ( i like to have 27 one with 3D)


    I'd rather go for one of those ultra high resolution monitors they're selling on eBay before I go with a 3D one - maybe try something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CROSSOVER-27Q-LED-27-Monitor-2560X1440-High-resolution-Monitor-QHD-DVI-/320865513557?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ab5133055
  22. I tend to stay away from any 1080p monitor over 24" because when they get larger than that you can see individual pixels since they have to be spread so far out.
  23. mjmjpfaff said:
    I tend to stay away from any 1080p monitor over 24" because when they get larger than that you can see individual pixels since they have to be spread so far out.


    Oh I agree that under-resolution monitors suck - I have to use one at work like that and it really hurts my eyes after a while.
  24. like mjmjpfaff said, bigger monitors(27inch, 1080p) with the same resolution as smaller ones(24inch, 1080p) isn't considered 'better'... Big screen on low resolution gives a low PPI(Pixels Per Inch) which results in poor image quality.. Try putting your resolution @ 800x600 on your monitor and see how it looks(assuming you have at least a 19inch one). If you are going to go for a 27inch monitor, get a 2560x1600 one, its crazy 0_0.
  25. so you recomend a 24"? with ultra high resolution?
    in that case which one should i get?
  26. IMO people really underestimate the value of a 120 Hz monitor. Even if you don't use your 3D monitor for 3D, the experience at 120 Hz is much cleaner and smoother. 60 Hz is the bare minimum most people would want, yet it's somehow become an industry standard in the current market. 120 Hz is especially valuable when you've got a high-powered video card (or cards), since you can actually make use of all that horsepower.

    Not that having a high-res 24" 60 Hz panel is bad or anything. Just that I think that for everyday gaming use, 120 Hz is nicer.
  27. so what would you recomand? Motoneuron!
  28. I personally prefer a high resolution monitor. What is your budget for a monitor Suprem0?
  29. 300-400$
  30. Here's just an example, slightly under $300:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009222

    Another, about $330 post-rebate:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236092

    I think I'd go for the first.
  31. thanks! they look good
  32. why would you go for the first?
  33. Just because it's cheaper and has slightly better feedback. Another option that might be good: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001537
  34. Suprem0 said:
    300-400$


    The Dell U2412M- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260047&Tpk=u2412m is a fantastic monitor. This Tom's Hardware article sums up why it is such a great monitor- http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/s242hl-bid-u2412m-t24a550,3016-14.html

    Quote:
    Suffice it to say, our first 24" round-up leaves us with the distinct impression that e-IPS is a game-changer for anyone shopping for better quality at a lower cost. That is, better in the context of TN-based displays. e-IPS still isn't worthy of the "wide gamut" tag given to monitors based on p-IPS or H-IPS technology. However, compared to TNs, you do get better color quality, wider viewing angles, improved luminosity, and a contrast ratio that's close to the advertised specs.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product