Stacking photos

Last response: in Digital Camera
July 30, 2005 1:47:55 AM

Hi, I am heading out of the city this weekend and I'd like to do some long
exposures with my 20d. I wanted to pick up the remote before I left but
there is no time. Can any one give me tips on how I should expose if I want
to stack 30 sec exposures? I'm hoping to get a night shot of fog in the
valley so I'll probably be doing a 10 min exposure or so. Also tips on how
to stack in Photoshop would be appreciated. Thanks all
www.harryphotos.com

More about : stacking photos

Anonymous
July 30, 2005 1:47:56 AM

Dirty Harry wrote:

> Hi, I am heading out of the city this weekend and I'd like to do some long
> exposures with my 20d. I wanted to pick up the remote before I left but
> there is no time. Can any one give me tips on how I should expose if I want
> to stack 30 sec exposures? I'm hoping to get a night shot of fog in the
> valley so I'll probably be doing a 10 min exposure or so. Also tips on how
> to stack in Photoshop would be appreciated. Thanks all
> www.harryphotos.com

You can take a 10 minute exposure with the 20D. Just put the
camera in bulb mode.. No need use software to stack images.
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 2:27:49 AM

"Dirty Harry" <nopsam@nojust.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am heading out of the city this weekend and I'd like to do some long
> exposures with my 20d. I wanted to pick up the remote before I left but
> there is no time. Can any one give me tips on how I should expose if I
> want
> to stack 30 sec exposures? I'm hoping to get a night shot of fog in the
> valley so I'll probably be doing a 10 min exposure or so. Also tips on
> how
> to stack in Photoshop would be appreciated. Thanks all
> www.harryphotos.com

You could also try a copy of Registax
!