Sign in with
Your question

Corsair C70 vs Nzxt Phantom 410 vs Fractal Design Define R4 window?

Last response: in Components

Which case do you prefer?

Total: 25 votes (12 blank votes)

• Nzxt Phantom 410
  • 47 %
  • Corsair C70
  • 16 %
  • Fractal Design Define r4 window
  • 39 %
October 24, 2012 12:00:11 PM
October 24, 2012 12:10:51 PM

Aesthetically I prefer the corsair I like the rugged boxier look
October 24, 2012 4:57:14 PM

wr6133 said:
Aesthetically I prefer the corsair I like the rugged boxier look

Alright thanks for the reply! Yeah, currently I am also leaning towards the Corsair. The only thing keeping it from being an automatic go are those ugly fan grills on the side panel window. I suppose some people will make full use of those, but since I won't they just look kind of ugly.
Related resources
October 24, 2012 5:15:17 PM

You can buy a perspex sheet, cut it to size and replace the window if you hate the grills. It's not as hard as it sounds and not that expensive either.
a c 122 ) Power supply
October 24, 2012 8:01:30 PM

TheScarecrow97 said:
A little out of my budget range. I'm willing to spend up to 120, maybe 130 bucks on a case right now. (with rebates, all the cases I've listed fall into this price range)
Understood i was just wondering anyway good luck! :) 
October 24, 2012 9:55:13 PM

bigcyco1 said:
Understood i was just wondering anyway good luck! :) 

Thanks for the suggestion though! Any other opinions?
October 24, 2012 10:49:38 PM

Quite different styles. Purely aesthetics I go R4 (I have the non-window version). Love the simplistic design.

However, there is the always popular question, does this case fit the H100 ....

October 25, 2012 2:10:20 AM

Solar AU said:
Quite different styles. Purely aesthetics I go R4 (I have the non-window version). Love the simplistic design.

However, there is the always popular question, does this case fit the H100 ....

I don't think I'll be using water cooling, at least not in the near future.
December 5, 2012 9:00:26 PM

The R4 can fit a 240mm rad on the top and up to a 280mm rad on the front. You'd have to remove the top HDD cage and move or remove the lower HDD cage to fit it up front though.

Personally I think the R4 looks a little dull, and it's $20 more expensive than the 410.
December 24, 2013 10:42:53 PM

Even tho this thread is old I'll throw my opinion here, my first gaming rig which I just bought and assembled is in a Corsair c70 personally I think it looks really rugged and very good attention to detail it even has a little cover on the reset switch:3 it is also all metal except for hard drive sleds, it is good airflow 10-11 places where you can mount fans, great radiator support, I have an h100i in it ( Saw people do custom loops with triple radiators and triple + double so you can go all out :)  don't like the holes? mnpctech has you covered, $20 for smoked/clear panel without holes. The handles even if you don't move much at all, are very usefull, I bet the system would slip out of my hands and onto my foot without them, very durable handles. The case also seems to put inspiration into a lot of people in doing cool military themed mods ( Bill Owen - Planetside 2 mod ) ( Keenan - Project Marshlands ) ( Other small tweaks by other people. ) Overall I think it's a great case for a person who likes to have room for cable managment ( Lots of room at the back, and cables clips really help keep things flat ) who might be thinking into going water cooling but didn't figure it out yet, one who want something unique but not too over the top flashy, and overall other people who might just be starting into pc building :)  Case Rank: (9 or 8.9/10) Pretty darn close to the best mid tower but thinking generally the military theme might not suit everyone, you would also have to run and get a clear panel without holes which would take some time, you could probly get a case with the same lay out for a bit cheaper but it's not that big. I love this case and I never regret buying it for my first build :) 

Hope this wasn't too long ;)  BTW Don't forget to choose best answer!!
!