Which of the following components would hinder performance the most?

fdewit

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hello,
I am wondering which of the following are the weakest components, i.e hindering performance and therefore needing an upgrade sooner than the other components:
1.) Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD3H mobo
2.) Gigabyte GTX 680 OC 2 GB
3.) I7 3770K 3.5GHZ 8MB Cache
4.) Corsair vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600 Mhz

Apologies, I am new to all of this but definitely interested and love online games such as Battlefield 3... Getting around 70fps on ultra in bf3 and would expect more with this set-up?

Lunatasian

Jul 5, 2012
Wow! 70 FPS on Ultra settings is not bad at all. You should be happy with your parts. All your components are up to date. I think the first to go (in a couple of years) would be the graphics card. Games will keep getting more and more demanding and if you want to sustain this frame rate, you are going to have to get the latest graphics card at that time. But, all of these components will last you a few years. And no, you should not expect more FPS with this set-up. This is about what you should be getting with your specs.

Performance wise its probably the motherboard that is the weakest. A more enthusiast based board would probably allow for a higher over clock of the GPU and faster Ram would be appreciated by the Ivy bridge CPU.

Its nit picking really as you have a pretty good set up.

I would have gone with a better motherboard though.

Mactronix :)

battguano

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
i second wanderer11's statement - for dramatic increase in FPS disable vsync unless you can actually see the difference

fdewit

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hey Mactronix - Thanks for the reply and answer.
When you say a more enthusiast board, which ones do you have in mind and how do you know if it is more enthusiast than others?
Also, should the ram have been 1800Mhz instead? In the future when looking to upgrade/rebuild, what is the best way to investigate these technical details to ensure each component is fully optimised with the others?
Sorry for the stupid questions and I appreciate any help you can give me..
Frans