Sign in with
Your question

Which computer would be better for gaming?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • GPUs
  • Computers
Last response: in CPUs
October 24, 2012 4:35:08 PM

Hello,

Basically I want to buy a 900€ computer (already built just purchase).
Now my problem is, I don't know which one is better. Both cost 900€ and have different CPU and GPU.

First computer's CPU is Intel Core i5-2320 (Quad Core), 3GHz and GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB

Second computer's CPU is MD FX-4170 4.2GHz 12MB 4-core and GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 TI 1GB GDDR5

Also to the second computer, there is same computer with another GPU (same CPU) which is AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5, Please reply on which one is best, thanks!

More about : computer gaming

October 24, 2012 4:47:20 PM

Can you include everything that comes with the Computer bundle? From the price it sounds like it includes a nice monitor, at least I hope it does or you may be paying too much. I would get a system with atleast an i5-2500 +. Intel CPU will make a difference in a few games such as BF3, Guildwars 2, Skyrim etc. If you don't care much about that, the GTX 650 is a better GPU, the CPU are probably close to similar.
October 24, 2012 4:51:19 PM

computer (899€) nothing else than this is included:
AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz 12MB 4-core -prosessori (CPU)

AMD 970 -piirisarjallinen emolevy (Motherboard)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 TI 1GB GDDR5 -näytönohjain (GPU)

Kingston HyperX 2x4GB, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9 -keskusmuisti (RAM)

Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green, 3.5", Sata3, IntelliPower, 64MB -HDD

Asus DRW-24B5ST polttava SATA-liitännäinnen DVD-asema

CoolerMaster Silencio 550 ATX-kotelo (The box)

CoolerMaster GX 650W- Virtalähde (Power supply)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64b (Suomi)

Now another one is exactly the same as above, just with a AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 and costs 905€

Now another one I looked at (899€)
Technical information:

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: Intel Core i5-2320 (Quad Core), 3GHz
Piirisarja: Intel H67
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (2 x 4GB)
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 1280MB, 2xDVI, HDMI, DisplayPort
HDD: 1TB, 3.5", SATA, 7200rpm
Optinen asema: DVD Super-Multi 16X
Power supply: 500W
Muistikortinlukija: kyllä
Related resources
October 24, 2012 5:07:18 PM

It is a bit pricey honestly, you can get all those components for about $800. But it may be because they are more expensive in your area. The hard drive is SLOW, the greens are made to save power and be mainly storage. Most of the 1tb external HDDs on the market use this exact sata harddrive.

From what i can tell you seem to be located in finland? if so here is probably a better tower for the price. https://www.hobbyhall.fi/p/fi/CG8270-NR009O-keskusyksik...

The GPU is not quite as good as the ones you posted, but the processor is far superior as well as the RAM. If you are not in finland then completely ignore this, lol.
a b à CPUs
October 24, 2012 5:42:55 PM

I would say the i5 and the 560ti def

i5s are awesome at gaming and the FX is really meh

So go for the first build and you wont be disappointed
October 24, 2012 5:55:04 PM

Uberperson said:
It is a bit pricey honestly, you can get all those components for about $800. But it may be because they are more expensive in your area. The hard drive is SLOW, the greens are made to save power and be mainly storage. Most of the 1tb external HDDs on the market use this exact sata harddrive.

From what i can tell you seem to be located in finland? if so here is probably a better tower for the price. https://www.hobbyhall.fi/p/fi/CG8270-NR009O-keskusyksik...

The GPU is not quite as good as the ones you posted, but the processor is far superior as well as the RAM. If you are not in finland then completely ignore this, lol.

Yeah, I livei n Finland.

My friend has that exact same computer but he has a i5 3,1ghz instead of the i7.

So this one is more worth it to buy for use in general and not just gaming? It operates faster or something? Seems good though, might buy that one
Thanks for the answers!
a b à CPUs
October 24, 2012 6:12:22 PM

Would you be willing to build your own?
a b à CPUs
October 24, 2012 7:00:04 PM

gtaivplayer said:
Yeah, I livei n Finland.

My friend has that exact same computer but he has a i5 3,1ghz instead of the i7.

So this one is more worth it to buy for use in general and not just gaming? It operates faster or something? Seems good though, might buy that one
Thanks for the answers!

The i7 gives you Hyper-Threading and a larger L3 cache. That's useful in heavy workloads, but isn't utilized in gaming, so it won't perform better than an i5 in games. The 550 Ti graphics card is also a little dated now. You'll be able to play current games on mid-level detail settings, but not much more.

My biggest questions for that system are the PSU and HDD. It doesn't specify what brand or model they are, and that makes me a little worried. If they were high-end parts, you'd think they'd advertise that. Or it just may be a case that most people don't care to know what kind of drive or PSU they have, they only worry about advertised capacity.
October 25, 2012 1:17:26 PM

RedJaron said:
The i7 gives you Hyper-Threading and a larger L3 cache. That's useful in heavy workloads, but isn't utilized in gaming, so it won't perform better than an i5 in games. The 550 Ti graphics card is also a little dated now. You'll be able to play current games on mid-level detail settings, but not much more.

My biggest questions for that system are the PSU and HDD. It doesn't specify what brand or model they are, and that makes me a little worried. If they were high-end parts, you'd think they'd advertise that. Or it just may be a case that most people don't care to know what kind of drive or PSU they have, they only worry about advertised capacity.

I kinda guessed it's old (the GPU), but I'm not really looking forwards to playing games like Battlefield 3 on max graphics. Personally I like to play FPS games on low to medium graphics and if the game looks awful on low/medium, I just use high. Also I don't play the newer games. I play games such as Call of Duty 4, Battlefield (rarely), Minecraft and GTA IV + San Andreas.

I also checked another computer by Asus, exactly the same computer but only with i5-3450 3,1ghz. Do you think that this would be better for me since it's 70€ cheaper? 829€.

I rarely use my computer for these "heavy workloads", most I do is having a browser with a few tabs open and a game on windowed mode.
Thanks for the answer :) 
a b à CPUs
October 25, 2012 5:31:55 PM

gtaivplayer said:
I also checked another computer by Asus, exactly the same computer but only with i5-3450 3,1ghz. Do you think that this would be better for me since it's 70€ cheaper? 829€.

I rarely use my computer for these "heavy workloads", most I do is having a browser with a few tabs open and a game on windowed mode.
Thanks for the answer :) 

Sounds like you're very unlikely to ever push the i7, so why not pocket the savings? If nothing else, get the i5, save that money, and put it toward a better video card next year.
!