Buyer's remorse or just go with it

honeybadger23

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I just recently purchased a GTX 680 for around $520 right away since I saw it on sale and thought I'd pounce on it while it was there. Sold out 5 minutes after I placed my order. Now I'm feeling a bit remorse since before I was contemplating going with a 7970 for about $70 cheaper. I plan to do surround/eyefinity gaming in the near future. I was also considering 7850 xfire or a 7950. Any opinions on the matter?

Black Thought

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
I think its pretty amazing that you got a gtx 680 under the circumstances. You mind sharing when and at what site? The answer to your question just depends on how much the 70 dollars is worth to you. Keep in mind that adding extra monitors will bring the performance of the cards closer together due to the higher amount of RAM on the 7970. I saw a non reference sapphire 7970 OC edition card (really good card) for as low as $460 on amazon and will probably match a stock 680 especially with multiple monitors. You also didn't mention what the brand of the card is which may factor in as well. At the end of the day i'd consider yourself lucky that you got your hands on that card though, I feel like your chances of getting struck by lightning are higher....

rajyohanson

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I would totally go with it, a good score on a 680 is a good score none the less, and honestly you can buyers remorse on every purchase. Thats why when you buy something you need to quit looking around at it's rivals and on other sites. :D