Solved

Homebuilt question

What is the most important aspect of a homebuilt PC? I want to game at 720p-1080p at High to Ultra settings.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about homebuilt question
  1. Best answer
    Part One
    For the first question the most important component is the Power Supply. You want a good quality unit that supplies a strong stable current to all of your components.

This is one part you don't want to skimp on.

It is a good idea to figure out your power requirements then get one that matches that plus 100 -150 watts more just for good measure.

Part Two
    However you are making a reference to gaming in your second statement.

The most ideal set up is an Intel Core I-5 processor with about a $250-$300 videocard. This combo should give you pleasing results, however you can have a very good experience on a lower budget.

I love my AMD Phenom II and HD 6870. It is not a monster but I can play all sorts of games at appreciable levels.

If you have the funds the GTX670 is advisable for the ultimate gaming experience.
  2. Thanks for the tips! Not an AMD guy tho.
  3. gman_42 said:
    Thanks for the tips! Not an AMD guy tho.

That is fine. Nvidia is a great company. In this generation of cards they definitely have the lead. I try not to play favorites. I have owned both AMD and Nvidia cards. If I was buying today I would most likely go Nvidia however it would depend on the price point. I am looking forward to the release of the GeForce GTX 660.

If you were referring to the CPU I fully understand. Intel is the way to go. However I brought my CPU on a budget during the PRE-Sandy Bridge days.
  4. Yes, it does look like the card to get!
  5. Best answer selected by gman_42.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Games Systems Product