Homebuilt question

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Games
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
June 20, 2012 9:54:19 PM

What is the most important aspect of a homebuilt PC? I want to game at 720p-1080p at High to Ultra settings.

More about : homebuilt question

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
June 20, 2012 10:05:53 PM

Part One
For the first question the most important component is the Power Supply. You want a good quality unit that supplies a strong stable current to all of your components.

This is one part you don't want to skimp on.

It is a good idea to figure out your power requirements then get one that matches that plus 100 -150 watts more just for good measure.

Part Two
However you are making a reference to gaming in your second statement.

The most ideal set up is an Intel Core I-5 processor with about a $250-$300 videocard. This combo should give you pleasing results, however you can have a very good experience on a lower budget.

I love my AMD Phenom II and HD 6870. It is not a monster but I can play all sorts of games at appreciable levels.

If you have the funds the GTX670 is advisable for the ultimate gaming experience.
June 20, 2012 10:17:22 PM

Thanks for the tips! Not an AMD guy tho.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
June 20, 2012 10:23:28 PM

gman_42 said:
Thanks for the tips! Not an AMD guy tho.

That is fine. Nvidia is a great company. In this generation of cards they definitely have the lead. I try not to play favorites. I have owned both AMD and Nvidia cards. If I was buying today I would most likely go Nvidia however it would depend on the price point. I am looking forward to the release of the GeForce GTX 660.

If you were referring to the CPU I fully understand. Intel is the way to go. However I brought my CPU on a budget during the PRE-Sandy Bridge days.
m
l
June 20, 2012 10:25:05 PM

Yes, it does look like the card to get!
m
l
June 20, 2012 10:25:18 PM

Best answer selected by gman_42.
m
l
!