Radio Interference & TV in

G

I am having a terrible problem with radio interference emanating from my computer; I use an ASUS v6800 DL card to watch television via the ASUS Live program. I have a VCR set up about 2 metres from the computer case, which receives the coax cabling from my antenna, which itself is about 4 metres away in the roof.

When using the Live software I encounter a lot of interference, diagonal bands across the screen in a consistent pattern, sometimes they seem to change a little but not much. I get the same stuff on my TV downstairs when watching one particular channel, but only when the computer is switched on. I have concluded that the computer is the culprit and was wondering if anything can be done about this problem. I think it is probably the power supply fan in my Aopen hq08 case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
Try buying a better cable from your VCR to the computer. I'd recommend a high quality coaxial cable. Also, use the shortest cable possible and run it in a way as to avoid all other cables including power, video, network and sound. If you do cross other cables, try crossing at a 90-degree angle. Also avoid running it up a wall near electrical wiring. Hope this helps!

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --