Can anyone recommend a game that's like this...

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
following kind of categories:

First-person
Adventure based
Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
atmosphere
Based in the real world
Atmospheric
Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
Time Travel would be a real plus

So many games today are based around collecting objects, shooting people, or
beat 'me up, and those that are similar to the above like Sims are cartoony,
not realistic. I'd love to switch on my TV, switch off the rest of my life,
and just explore a totally new world without having to 'do' anything -- and
one that totally absorbs me, so that I want to go back to it time and time
again.

Let me know guys 'n' girls, cheers!

Phil
60 answers Last reply
More about recommend game that this
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Phillip Brown wrote:

    > Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    > following kind of categories:
    >
    > First-person
    > Adventure based
    > Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Based in the real world
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > Time Travel would be a real plus
    >
    > So many games today are based around collecting objects, shooting people, or
    > beat 'me up, and those that are similar to the above like Sims are cartoony,
    > not realistic. I'd love to switch on my TV, switch off the rest of my life,
    > and just explore a totally new world without having to 'do' anything -- and
    > one that totally absorbs me, so that I want to go back to it time and time
    > again.
    >
    > Let me know guys 'n' girls, cheers!
    >
    > Phil

    Hmmmmmmmm.....Syberia maybe?

    http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/746/Syberia/

    Bel
    --
    Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

    "Do not eat iPod shuffle."
    - Apple Computers
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    > following kind of categories:
    >
    > First-person
    > Adventure based
    > Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Based in the real world
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > Time Travel would be a real plus
    >
    > So many games today are based around collecting objects, shooting people,
    or
    > beat 'me up, and those that are similar to the above like Sims are
    cartoony,
    > not realistic. I'd love to switch on my TV, switch off the rest of my
    life,
    > and just explore a totally new world without having to 'do' anything --
    and
    > one that totally absorbs me, so that I want to go back to it time and time
    > again.
    >
    > Let me know guys 'n' girls, cheers!
    >
    > Phil

    Echo Night fits your description perfectly...only problem is that it is for
    the original PlayStation, not Xbox. There was a follow-up, but it is a PS2
    exclusive.

    Other than that, sounds like you want a 3D version of "Myst"...
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 24 Jan
    2005 21:47:29 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do uk.games.video.xbox,
    yawatina tan reek esk "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> fornis do marikano
    es bono tan el:

    >Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    >following kind of categories:

    Second Life? Not sure if that has a first person viewpoint though.
    http://secondlife.com/

    Not for the Xbox though, obviously.

    deKay
    --
    + Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk [Gamertag: deKay 01]
    |- Gaming Diary - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk/diary/

    "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    > following kind of categories:
    >
    > First-person
    > Adventure based
    > Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Based in the real world
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > Time Travel would be a real plus
    >
    > So many games today are based around collecting objects, shooting people,
    > or beat 'me up, and those that are similar to the above like Sims are
    > cartoony, not realistic. I'd love to switch on my TV, switch off the rest
    > of my life, and just explore a totally new world without having to 'do'
    > anything -- and one that totally absorbs me, so that I want to go back to
    > it time and time again.
    >
    > Let me know guys 'n' girls, cheers!
    >
    > Phil

    Margret! Margret! Have we got any xbox games that fit the following
    catogories...

    Sorry i couldent resist.

    Gordy
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    MYST III would fit most of your interest.

    Cheers,
    PQ
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "BelPowerslave" <belpowerslave@ev1.net> wrote in message

    > Hmmmmmmmm.....Syberia maybe?
    >
    > http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/746/Syberia/

    Thanks Bel, nice looking game. Some great screens at
    http://tinyurl.com/5ll9d. Sadly it doesn't appear to have been released on
    Xbox in the UK -- even amazon don't have it. And Syberia II is apparently
    hard to follow if you didn't play the original, along with having some
    annoying features and not be first person.

    Still a contender though, cheers!

    Phil
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Adventure based
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Time Travel would be a real plus

    Fable?

    Satisfies a lot of your points (see above).

    Neil
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "deKay" <andyk@lofi-gaming.org.uk> wrote in message
    > Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Mon, 24
    > Jan
    > 2005 21:47:29 GMT, sefini jorgo geanyet des mani yeof do
    > uk.games.video.xbox,
    > yawatina tan reek esk "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> fornis do
    > marikano
    > es bono tan el:
    >
    >>Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    >>following kind of categories:
    >
    > Second Life? Not sure if that has a first person viewpoint though.
    > http://secondlife.com/
    >
    > Not for the Xbox though, obviously.

    If only it was on Xbox! :( I'd much rather play these games on the sofa
    with the living room lights dimmed, than at my office desk. I guess the
    publisher didn't think of that :-S

    Phil
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Phyber Quest" <phyberquest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > MYST III would fit most of your interest.

    Thanks - looks good. I tried the original Myst about 10 years ago and found
    it a bit static so I'm pleasently surprised to see this has 'free look'.
    Will give it a try. I wonder if it has time travel...

    Phil
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In article <JHeJd.18131$GG1.4796@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
    pbrown@hotmail.com says...
    > "Phyber Quest" <phyberquest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > MYST III would fit most of your interest.
    >
    > Thanks - looks good. I tried the original Myst about 10 years ago and found
    > it a bit static so I'm pleasently surprised to see this has 'free look'.
    > Will give it a try. I wonder if it has time travel...

    If oyu can put up with some combat. Morrowind is prettty free roaming.
    Pikeys of the Carribean also uses the Morrowind engine so that could be
    worth a look.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Neil" <neilmw@yahoospammy.com> wrote in message

    > "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Adventure based
    >> Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    >> No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    >> atmosphere
    >> Atmospheric
    >> Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    >> Time Travel would be a real plus
    >
    > Fable?
    >
    > Satisfies a lot of your points (see above).

    Thanks, has great reviews. Seems to involve combat with cartoony graphics
    though, but I'll definitately put it 'somewhere' on my list :)

    Phil
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In alt.games.video.xbox Phillip Brown <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    > following kind of categories:

    > First-person
    > Adventure based
    > Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Based in the real world
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > Time Travel would be a real plus

    Beyond Good & Evil comes close to many of your desires.

    It's 1st and 3rd person (mainly 3rd), with an emphasis more on exploration
    than on combat. There is combat, but most of it is pretty simple if you
    ask me. There is, however, a lot of stealth in the game, meaning you'll
    have to sneak by guards when they aren't looking. Requires you to study
    their marching patterns, and move accordingly. There's also a great deal
    of exploration you can do - both on foot, and using various vehicles. You
    can even enter races to earn additional cash (the required races are easy
    - the extra ones are just for bonus items.)

    You play Jade, who runs an orphanage with her humanoid-pig partner (I
    can't remember his name right now) Jade's also a part time photo
    journalist and troubleshooter. During one mission, Jade gets involved
    with a group trying to uncover a conpiracy that the so-called protectors
    of your colony are actually kidnapping citizens for their own insidious
    plans. You'll be required to infiltrate various facilities in order to
    obtain photographic evidence to help the resistance's cause. You can also
    use your camera to photograph new and rare species of animals you come
    across for extra money and orbs. You use the orbs to purchase upgrades
    for your vehicle.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    > following kind of categories:

    Myst III Exile I think is definitely what you would like and I think has
    most that you list in what you want.
    http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=XB0277

    You could probably get it cheaper elsewhere though.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Dog Bowl" <dogUNDERSCOREbowl@ntlFOODworld.com> wrote in message

    > If oyu can put up with some combat. Morrowind is prettty free roaming.
    > Pikeys of the Carribean also uses the Morrowind engine so that could be
    > worth a look.

    Lol 'Pikeys'! Ta but too much combat in both of them, but I know they're
    good. Keep 'em coming. Ideally I want something that reminds me of a game
    I used to have on the Commodore 64 (!), I think called 'The Time Machine',
    where you start in a space ship, and have to figure out how to get back to
    your own time. I never could find it on any emulator sites, despite
    laborious searches.

    Phil
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:47:29 GMT, "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    >following kind of categories:
    >
    >First-person
    >Adventure based
    >Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    >Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    >No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    >atmosphere
    >Based in the real world
    >Atmospheric
    >Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    >Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    >Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    >Time Travel would be a real plus

    Ummm, Myst is probably the only one that springs to mind.
    --
    neil h.
    "Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat." - John Lehman

    > Beyond Good & Evil comes close to many of your desires.

    Love the sneaking around elements, should've put that on my original list!
    It could be a bit too action-packed for the relaxing escapism I have in mind
    but I'll give it a second look.

    www.wilddivine.com has caught my attention, but sadly not Xbox.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Beck" <my_bulkmail@REMOVEbtopenworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of
    >> the following kind of categories:
    >
    > Myst III Exile I think is definitely what you would like and I think has
    > most that you list in what you want.
    > http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=XB0277

    Thanks, it's now on my amazon wish list for my birthday :) However, it
    appears as though it could be boring. We'll see!

    Phil
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Phillip Brown, did you really mean to say this?

    >>Beyond Good & Evil comes close to many of your desires.
    >

    > Love the sneaking around elements, should've put that on my original list!
    > It could be a bit too action-packed for the relaxing escapism I have in mind
    > but I'll give it a second look.

    It may not be exactly what you want, but BG&E is one of the best games
    of this generation, and should definitely be bought and played through
    at least once.

    Tim (tm)
    --
    tim (at) economic-truth.co.uk
    http://www.ugvm.org.uk - the uk.games.video.misc magazine

    Phillip Brown wrote:

    > Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    > following kind of categories:
    >
    > First-person
    > Adventure based
    > Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Based in the real world
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > Time Travel would be a real plus
    >
    > So many games today are based around collecting objects, shooting people, or
    > beat 'me up, and those that are similar to the above like Sims are cartoony,
    > not realistic. I'd love to switch on my TV, switch off the rest of my life,
    > and just explore a totally new world without having to 'do' anything -- and
    > one that totally absorbs me, so that I want to go back to it time and time
    > again.

    Shenmue II. To move you're in an over the shoulder view, but can enter a
    first person view. There are no weapons. There are time pressures that
    will cause the game to end, but it is months of game time. There are
    also daily time limits, but that just causes you to go home and sleep.
    It's based in the real world (Hong Kong and Kowloon) in the '80s.
    There's tons of exploring the environment. Gamble, buy capsule toys,
    race ducks, get a job. Or not. To get access to parts of the game (and
    lose access to others), you do have to engage in the game's primary
    objectives. But you can take your own sweet time.
    And I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!, that Bel didn't mention it.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

    > Phillip Brown wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of
    >> the
    >> following kind of categories:
    >>
    >> First-person
    >> Adventure based
    >> Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    >> Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    >> No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    >> atmosphere
    >> Based in the real world
    >> Atmospheric
    >> Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    >> Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    >> Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    >> Time Travel would be a real plus
    >>
    >> So many games today are based around collecting objects, shooting people,
    >> or
    >> beat 'me up, and those that are similar to the above like Sims are
    >> cartoony,
    >> not realistic. I'd love to switch on my TV, switch off the rest of my
    >> life,
    >> and just explore a totally new world without having to 'do' anything --
    >> and
    >> one that totally absorbs me, so that I want to go back to it time and
    >> time
    >> again.
    >
    > Shenmue II. To move you're in an over the shoulder view, but can enter a
    > first person view. There are no weapons. There are time pressures that
    > will cause the game to end, but it is months of game time. There are
    > also daily time limits, but that just causes you to go home and sleep.
    > It's based in the real world (Hong Kong and Kowloon) in the '80s.
    > There's tons of exploring the environment. Gamble, buy capsule toys,
    > race ducks, get a job. Or not. To get access to parts of the game (and
    > lose access to others), you do have to engage in the game's primary
    > objectives. But you can take your own sweet time.
    > And I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!, that Bel didn't mention it.

    Shenmue II was the first game I thought of too. Definately worth a look.
    Shame that the first game wasn't ported too, but at least you can watch a 15
    minute video-clip with ingame graphics about what happened in the first
    game, so you won't lose too much of the story at least. Only one of the best
    games ever.

    Tommy
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Tommy Stenberg wrote:
    snip
    > Shenmue II was the first game I thought of too. Definately worth a look.
    > Shame that the first game wasn't ported too, but at least you can watch a 15
    > minute video-clip with ingame graphics about what happened in the first
    > game, so you won't lose too much of the story at least.
    snip

    In the US, the game comes with Shenmue the Movie, an extended DVD of the
    first game that will bring anyone up to full speed on the first game.
    Unfortunately, it totally fails to convey the greatness of the game...
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:48:12 GMT, "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >"Neil" <neilmw@yahoospammy.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Adventure based
    >>> Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    >>> No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    >>> atmosphere
    >>> Atmospheric
    >>> Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    >>> Time Travel would be a real plus
    >>
    >> Fable?
    >>
    >> Satisfies a lot of your points (see above).
    >
    >Thanks, has great reviews. Seems to involve combat with cartoony graphics
    >though, but I'll definitately put it 'somewhere' on my list :)
    >
    >Phil

    its more fantasy than cartoony.
    --

    gamertag: chrisflynnuk
    Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:PT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,

    > "Dog Bowl" <dogUNDERSCOREbowl@ntlFOODworld.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > If oyu can put up with some combat. Morrowind is prettty free roaming.
    > > Pikeys of the Carribean also uses the Morrowind engine so that could be
    > > worth a look.
    >
    > Lol 'Pikeys'! Ta but too much combat in both of them, but I know they're
    > good. Keep 'em coming. Ideally I want something that reminds me of a
    game
    > I used to have on the Commodore 64 (!), I think called 'The Time Machine',
    > where you start in a space ship, and have to figure out how to get back to
    > your own time. I never could find it on any emulator sites, despite
    > laborious searches.

    I remember that one. That had *a lot* of potential, but we never got past
    the first level. We must have tried a hundred times.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > > Phillip Brown wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of
    > >> the
    > >> following kind of categories:
    > >>
    > >> First-person
    > >> Adventure based
    > >> Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > >> Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > >> No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up
    the
    > >> atmosphere
    > >> Based in the real world
    > >> Atmospheric
    > >> Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > >> Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > >> Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > >> Time Travel would be a real plus
    > >>
    > >> So many games today are based around collecting objects, shooting
    people,
    > >> or
    > >> beat 'me up, and those that are similar to the above like Sims are
    > >> cartoony,
    > >> not realistic. I'd love to switch on my TV, switch off the rest of my
    > >> life,
    > >> and just explore a totally new world without having to 'do' anything --
    > >> and
    > >> one that totally absorbs me, so that I want to go back to it time and
    > >> time
    > >> again.
    > >
    > > Shenmue II. To move you're in an over the shoulder view, but can enter a
    > > first person view. There are no weapons. There are time pressures that
    > > will cause the game to end, but it is months of game time. There are
    > > also daily time limits, but that just causes you to go home and sleep.
    > > It's based in the real world (Hong Kong and Kowloon) in the '80s.
    > > There's tons of exploring the environment. Gamble, buy capsule toys,
    > > race ducks, get a job. Or not. To get access to parts of the game (and
    > > lose access to others), you do have to engage in the game's primary
    > > objectives. But you can take your own sweet time.
    > > And I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!, that Bel didn't mention it.
    >
    > Shenmue II was the first game I thought of too. Definately worth a look.
    > Shame that the first game wasn't ported too, but at least you can watch a
    15
    > minute video-clip with ingame graphics about what happened in the first
    > game, so you won't lose too much of the story at least. Only one of the
    best
    > games ever.

    Yes. I totally agree. Shenmue I and II are two of the best games I've ever
    played. Fantastic atmosphere. I wish a third chapter would be released soon.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Phillip Brown wrote:
    > First-person
    > Adventure based
    > Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Based in the real world
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century

    "Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon" is not much of a first-person game,
    but it would seem to match all of your other requirements:

    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/brokenswordthesleepingdragon

    Tuomas
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Kramer" <cosmo@kramerica.com> wrote in message
    >> I used to have on the Commodore 64 (!), I think called 'The Time
    >> Machine',
    >> where you start in a space ship, and have to figure out how to get back
    >> your own time <oops that's wrong>. I never could find it on any emulator
    >> sites, despite
    >> laborious searches.
    >
    > I remember that one. That had *a lot* of potential, but we never got past
    > the first level. We must have tried a hundred times.

    Lol! Yeah, me too, I could never get off the ship. Guess what, after 2
    hours searching, I just found it! It was published by Audiogenic and I
    originally got it as part of a compilation that also included Alice in
    Videoland.

    Does this look like it?:
    http://web.externet.hu/sk/c64/games/t/pics/timetrv.gif

    If so, you can get it here:
    http://web.externet.hu/sk/c64/games/t/t3.htm

    Just use a C64 emulator (I recommend VICE) to load it and you're off!

    I found a solution which I hope is for the same game, if you're still stuck
    with your new mature brain powers!:

    TIME TRAVELLER

    SOLUTION (C64) by R.E. Smith

    From the start...
    E, D, GET SCREWDRIVER, GET LASER, N, FIX CABLES, DROP SCREWDRIVER, GET
    TELEPORTER, CHARGE TELEPORTER, S, U, N, PULL CHAIR, EXAMINE CHAIR, N, PUSH
    BUTTON, KEY 1890, STEP PLATFORM, GET KEY, TELE SPACESHIP, DROP LASER, KEY
    2090,
    STEP PLATFORM, W, UNLOCK PADLOCK, DROP KEY, E, TELE SPACESHIP, KEY 1890,
    STEP
    PLATFORM, W, OPEN DOOR, N, GET ROPE, E, E, MOVE ANVIL, GET HACKSAW, W, W, S,
    E,
    TELE SPACESHIP, S, S, S, SAW CHAIN, OPEN TOOL CUPBOARD, DROP HACKSAW, GET
    TORCH,
    N, N, N, DROP ROPE, GET LASER, KEY 2090, STEP PLATFORM, W, N, E, SHOOT
    ROBOT,
    DROP LASER, E, MOVE MILL, GET GLUE, W, W, S, E, TELE SPACESHIP, KEY 1890,
    STEP
    PLATFORM, W, N, E, E, N, W, W, SPRAY HEDGE, DROP GLUE, W, GET FISHING ROD,
    E, E,
    E, S, W, W, ANGLE LAKE, DROP FISHING ROD, GET HOUR GLASS, E, S, E, TELE
    SPACESHIP, DROP HOUR GLASS, GET ROPE, KEY 2090, STEP PLATFORM, W, N, E, E,
    N, W,
    TIE ROD, N, OPEN DOOR, W, LIGHT TORCH, DROP TORCH, GET GRIT, E, S, E, S, W,
    W,
    S, E, TELE SPACESHIP, DROP TELEPORTER, GET HOUR GLASS, FILL HOUR GLASS.

    Have fun! I'm going to time travel back to my childhood now...

    Now, if only there was a modern day Xbox version with suped-up graphics :-S
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    PS: It's called Time Traveller not Time Machine
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Phillip Brown <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    > following kind of categories:
    >
    > First-person
    > Adventure based
    > Preferably no (or minimal) weapons, action, shooting or blasting aliens
    > Lets you just walk around and explore the environment
    > No time limit pressure or scores to beat, just chill out and soak up the
    > atmosphere
    > Based in the real world
    > Atmospheric
    > Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > Provides 'escapism' in a realistic setting
    > Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > Time Travel would be a real plus

    So, basically what you're looking for is, erm..... real life. Why not
    just go for a quick walk to the shops?

    Choobs

    --
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org>
    http://www.nelesoft.com

    "Sir Chewbury Gubbins" <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org> wrote in message

    >> Adventure based
    >> Atmospheric
    >> Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    >> Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    >> Time Travel would be a real plus
    >
    > So, basically what you're looking for is, erm..... real life. Why not
    > just go for a quick walk to the shops?
    >
    > Choobs

    Haha! If you can find me a shop with adventures, ghosts and a worm hole
    nearby, sure :)
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Phillip Brown wrote:
    > "Phyber Quest" <phyberquest@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > MYST III would fit most of your interest.
    >
    > Thanks - looks good. I tried the original Myst about 10 years ago
    and found
    > it a bit static so I'm pleasently surprised to see this has 'free
    look'.
    > Will give it a try. I wonder if it has time travel...

    I'd highly reccomend Syberia and Syberia II as well. Top notch games
    and only $20 a pop!

    - Jordan
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Syberia II does have a video introduction that goes through the events
    of the first game. You should be able to pick up the second fairly
    quickly... (although I felt the 1st game was far superior.)

    - Jordan
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> Kissed me, Licked me, then left
    me a note:

    >Hi all, looking for recommendations of a game that fits some or all of the
    >following kind of categories:

    *snip*

    It would be worth trying morrowind game of the year edition, it doesnt
    tick every box, but its along the lines of what you are looking for.

    And of course its on xbox.

    On the pc currently you can download and play Anarchy online for free,
    it may be worth trying this out too...

    --
    Was work really this fun in 2004?!
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Phillip Brown <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > "Sir Chewbury Gubbins" <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Adventure based
    > >> Atmospheric
    > >> Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > >> Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > >> Time Travel would be a real plus
    > >
    > > So, basically what you're looking for is, erm..... real life. Why not
    > > just go for a quick walk to the shops?
    > >
    > > Choobs
    >
    > Haha! If you can find me a shop with adventures, ghosts and a worm hole
    > nearby, sure :)

    I don't know where you are, but Grays of George Street in Edinburgh
    meets those criteria. It's like steping through a wormhole to a 1920s
    department store. I was in the basement (where the hardware is) buying a
    screwdriver and then had popped up in the lift to the first floor to
    look at some phone extension cables. Imagine my shock to discover.....

    .....it was the same wee man at the counter on the first floor that had
    served me in the basement!

    That shop's just WRONG.

    Choobs

    --
    Sir Chewbury Gubbins <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org>
    http://www.nelesoft.com
    http://www.nelefa.org
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    >> Haha! If you can find me a shop with adventures, ghosts and a worm hole
    >> nearby, sure :)
    >
    > I don't know where you are, but Grays of George Street in Edinburgh
    > meets those criteria. It's like steping through a wormhole to a 1920s
    > department store. I was in the basement (where the hardware is) buying a
    > screwdriver and then had popped up in the lift to the first floor to
    > look at some phone extension cables. Imagine my shock to discover.....
    >
    > ....it was the same wee man at the counter on the first floor that had
    > served me in the basement!
    >
    > That shop's just WRONG.

    I'll be sure to check it out from London when I get my teleporter working ;)

    Phil
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In article <z5pJd.18333$GG1.6591@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
    pbrown@hotmail.com says...
    > "Sir Chewbury Gubbins" <chewbury.gubbins@nelefa.org> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> Adventure based
    > >> Atmospheric
    > >> Perhaps chilling, mythical or supernatural but not necessary
    > >> Preferably set in the present day, or 19th-20th century
    > >> Time Travel would be a real plus
    > >
    > > So, basically what you're looking for is, erm..... real life. Why not
    > > just go for a quick walk to the shops?
    > >
    > > Choobs
    >
    > Haha! If you can find me a shop with adventures, ghosts and a worm hole
    > nearby, sure :)

    Probably HMV. You could get Indiana Jones, Scooby Do and Farscape on DVD
    :-)
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > PS: It's called Time Traveller not Time Machine

    Ah, then it's something else. I'm pretty sure that the one I played was
    called Time Machine. And the graphics were some of the best to come out of
    the old grey. But it's hard to find a ROM for that too.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > "Phillip Brown" <pbrown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> PS: It's called Time Traveller not Time Machine
    >
    > Ah, then it's something else. I'm pretty sure that the one I played was
    > called Time Machine. And the graphics were some of the best to come out of
    > the old grey. But it's hard to find a ROM for that too.

    Did you recognise the screenshot I sent in the previous link?

    I'd like to get to the bottom of this as it sounds like we're both
    remembering another game! :) I think I got it mixed up with Time Traveller
    which I also enjoyed.

    Can you describe 'Time Machine' as best you can? I may be able to track it
    down. Here's what I remember:

    Graphic adventure
    You start on the 'bridge' of a spaceship
    Static screens (like The Pawn)
    Could have been text controlled, or joystick
    I *think* it had elements of time travel - object of game *may* have been to
    get back home
    One of the first screens shows a staircase going down to your right, and
    ahead is the helm of the spaceship with the view of the stars through the
    window

    Ring any bells?

    Phil
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    I may be a crazy person, but I think it's fun to jump out of the car in free
    roaming car games like Driver 3, and just walk around the city, once in a
    while. Then perhaps blow up a couple of cars and hijack a bus if I'm in a
    good mood.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    >I may be a crazy person, but I think it's fun to jump out of the car in
    >free
    > roaming car games like Driver 3, and just walk around the city, once in a
    > while. Then perhaps blow up a couple of cars and hijack a bus if I'm in a
    > good mood.

    Cosmo Kramer you're not crazy at all -- that's where I'm coming from with my
    original list. All too often you have to resort to violence in games to
    have 'fun', but I just wanna chill, sneak around, go where I'm not supposed
    to, check out the sights, and truly explore another 'world'.

    I thought SW Galaxies would allow that, but somehow it just didn't feel
    right. Not sure why, as I'm a big SW fan.

    I'm talking about games like Damocles back on the Amiga -- remember that?
    What a classic, and you could roam around, go into people's houses... I
    particularly loved that councillor's house with the opening roof and a view
    of the night stars through it.

    Other games that gave me that chill were Star Wars: Dark Forces, Doom (a bit
    when I just walked around), stuff like that.

    Bring on the atmos!

    Seinphil
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In article <SDvJd.77$5S5.1@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
    pbrown@hotmail.com says...
    > "Kramer" <cosmo@kramerica.com> wrote in message
    > >I may be a crazy person, but I think it's fun to jump out of the car in
    > >free
    > > roaming car games like Driver 3, and just walk around the city, once in a
    > > while. Then perhaps blow up a couple of cars and hijack a bus if I'm in a
    > > good mood.
    >
    > Cosmo Kramer you're not crazy at all -- that's where I'm coming from with my
    > original list. All too often you have to resort to violence in games to
    > have 'fun', but I just wanna chill, sneak around, go where I'm not supposed
    > to, check out the sights, and truly explore another 'world'.

    Ah what we really need is a (cue old codemasters generic game names)
    Professional Streaker Simulator. You get to run around a city at your
    own pleasure. Then at some point in time you can throw off your clothes
    and run though a crowd of people. Points are awarded for the amount of
    screams and headlines in the local news papers, but you must avoid
    getting nicked by the police. It could be a live game where you battle
    for streaking rights to territories. At the end of each day the person
    who scored the most in a district gains ownership. The aim - to become
    master streaker of the city.

    Power ups include a dirty mac, fishnet stockings a floppy hat, fake
    rubber breasts and a strap on rubber chicken to hang over suitable
    areas. Female players can win a pair of cherries to place somewhere
    suitable and an attractive collection of merkins :-)
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Phillip Brown wrote:

    > Cosmo Kramer you're not crazy at all -- that's where I'm coming from with my
    > original list. All too often you have to resort to violence in games to
    > have 'fun', but I just wanna chill, sneak around, go where I'm not supposed
    > to, check out the sights, and truly explore another 'world'.
    >
    > I thought SW Galaxies would allow that, but somehow it just didn't feel
    > right. Not sure why, as I'm a big SW fan.
    >
    > I'm talking about games like Damocles back on the Amiga -- remember that?
    > What a classic, and you could roam around, go into people's houses... I
    > particularly loved that councillor's house with the opening roof and a view
    > of the night stars through it.
    >
    > Other games that gave me that chill were Star Wars: Dark Forces, Doom (a bit
    > when I just walked around), stuff like that.
    >
    > Bring on the atmos!
    >
    > Seinphil

    Morrowind surely. I mean , I played it for donkeys without even starting
    the main plot. I've never played such a free roaming RPG.

    --
    Remove stars for email
    b*l*o*w*i*n*g*f*r*o*g*@*m*a*c*.*c*o*m

    "Gary" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Phillip Brown wrote:
    >
    > Morrowind surely. I mean , I played it for donkeys without even starting
    > the main plot. I've never played such a free roaming RPG.

    Yup, looks good to me. Consider it added to my wish list, and thank you for
    the recommendation.
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > >> PS: It's called Time Traveller not Time Machine
    > >
    > > Ah, then it's something else. I'm pretty sure that the one I played was
    > > called Time Machine. And the graphics were some of the best to come out
    of
    > > the old grey. But it's hard to find a ROM for that too.
    >
    > Did you recognise the screenshot I sent in the previous link?

    No, sorry. I don't think I've played that one.

    > I'd like to get to the bottom of this as it sounds like we're both
    > remembering another game! :) I think I got it mixed up with Time
    Traveller
    > which I also enjoyed.
    >
    > Can you describe 'Time Machine' as best you can? I may be able to track
    it
    > down. Here's what I remember:
    >
    > Graphic adventure
    > You start on the 'bridge' of a spaceship
    > Static screens (like The Pawn)
    > Could have been text controlled, or joystick
    > I *think* it had elements of time travel - object of game *may* have been
    > get back home
    > One of the first screens shows a staircase going down to your right, and
    > ahead is the helm of the spaceship with the view of the stars through the
    > window
    >
    > Ring any bells?

    Well, not exactly. I remember like a outside kind of
    find-objects-for-your-time-machine kind of thingy. The load screen image had
    an old scientist disappearing into some sort of a time warp, or something.
    It was going on outside, on a rather small level where you went back and
    forth, and you had to get past something or somebody to get to your objects.
    I think it was a pretty late game for the C64, it came in 1990 or 1991 I
    think.
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    >> Ring any bells?
    >
    > Well, not exactly. I remember like a outside kind of
    > find-objects-for-your-time-machine kind of thingy. The load screen image
    > had
    > an old scientist disappearing into some sort of a time warp, or something.
    > It was going on outside, on a rather small level where you went back and
    > forth, and you had to get past something or somebody to get to your
    > objects.
    > I think it was a pretty late game for the C64, it came in 1990 or 1991 I
    > think.

    Oh pants, sounds like a different game. Oh well. For all I can remember
    the one I'm thinking of may have been on the Amiga! :-S

    How ironic, I actually need a time machine to go back in time so I can
    remember what the Time Machine game was called.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    Kramer wrote:

    > Well, not exactly. I remember like a outside kind of
    > find-objects-for-your-time-machine kind of thingy. The load screen image had
    > an old scientist disappearing into some sort of a time warp, or something.
    > It was going on outside, on a rather small level where you went back and
    > forth, and you had to get past something or somebody to get to your objects.
    > I think it was a pretty late game for the C64, it came in 1990 or 1991 I
    > think.

    http://www.ysrnry.co.uk/articles/thetimemachine.htm look the part? Not
    that I can help with the C64 version, but that sounds like what you
    described. The tell-tale bit being the 'small level' bit, since each
    timezone was played over 5 screens.

    -Matt
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > >I may be a crazy person, but I think it's fun to jump out of the car in
    > >free
    > > roaming car games like Driver 3, and just walk around the city, once in
    > > while. Then perhaps blow up a couple of cars and hijack a bus if I'm in
    > > good mood.
    >
    > Cosmo Kramer you're not crazy at all -- that's where I'm coming from with
    my
    > original list. All too often you have to resort to violence in games to
    > have 'fun', but I just wanna chill, sneak around, go where I'm not
    supposed
    > to, check out the sights, and truly explore another 'world'.
    >
    > I thought SW Galaxies would allow that, but somehow it just didn't feel
    > right. Not sure why, as I'm a big SW fan.

    Aye, I feel that way too about it and I know a lot of other SW fans that
    feels exactly the same. My experience with it was that it was very, very
    slow gameplay and that had been cool enough if it hadn't been for the fact
    that the framrate was so choppy, and the graphics weren't that great either.
    When I think back on the time I played it last year, it had it's moments,
    but I'm not sure if I wanna go back in. It's was awfully time consuming too.

    > I'm talking about games like Damocles back on the Amiga -- remember that?
    > What a classic, and you could roam around, go into people's houses... I
    > particularly loved that councillor's house with the opening roof and a
    view
    > of the night stars through it.
    >
    > Other games that gave me that chill were Star Wars: Dark Forces, Doom (a
    bit
    > when I just walked around), stuff like that.

    Oh yeaaah! Dark Forces was, and I personally think still is, totally
    awesome. I really wish they would just ditch the lightsabers and the whole
    jedi thing and just make a sequel to Dark Forces with Kyle Katarn and a
    stormtrooper rifle. The Jedi Knight games were pitty okiday, but they were
    nowhere close to the original Dark Forces, imho.

    The Knights of The Old Republic was a great game on it's own and had
    everything I like about being able to explore things in your own pace and
    such, but I can't deny that I would have liked it many time more had it been
    set closer to Ep. IV-VI.

    Of newer games, I personally thought that Max Payne had a very good
    atmosphere. It was surprisingly easy to get into the mood intended, despite
    the 3d person view. I like game that has a lot of different weather effects,
    or focuses on one heavy one like Max Payne with it's snow storm. Ghost Recon
    was also nice since it captured real life woods pitty okiday.
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > Oh yeaaah! Dark Forces was, and I personally think still is, totally
    > awesome. I really wish they would just ditch the lightsabers and the whole
    > jedi thing and just make a sequel to Dark Forces with Kyle Katarn and a
    > stormtrooper rifle. The Jedi Knight games were pitty okiday, but they were
    > nowhere close to the original Dark Forces, imho.

    Howa wude!

    > The Knights of The Old Republic was a great game on it's own and had
    > everything I like about being able to explore things in your own pace and
    > such, but I can't deny that I would have liked it many time more had it
    > been
    > set closer to Ep. IV-VI.

    Mesa thinks this is very well said.

    > Of newer games, I personally thought that Max Payne had a very good
    > atmosphere. It was surprisingly easy to get into the mood intended,
    > despite
    > the 3d person view. I like game that has a lot of different weather
    > effects,
    > or focuses on one heavy one like Max Payne with it's snow storm. Ghost
    > Recon
    > was also nice since it captured real life woods pitty okiday.

    I remember an old text-based adventure game for the C64 which was I think an
    unofficial public domain job, that was set in the Death Star. I loved the
    moments where you were sitting out of sight, looking down at prisoner cells
    or stormtroopers. Just imagining myself on the Death Star itself was very
    easy.

    But I think therein lies the dilemma. The more realistic a game, like SW
    Galaxies, the less of your imagination it allows you to tap into. Therefore
    text or still-graphics adventures are what we remember most fondly, like
    Future Wars Time Travellers on the Amiga (did you ever play that?). Things
    like Dark Forces are the next best as their graphics wasn't 'that' good, and
    the most realistic of all are the least captivating of your imagination.
    Kinda makeada sensy no?

    So I'm hoping Xbox games like Morrowind that Gary suggested might just work,
    as the graphics is apparently not all that ;)
  48. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    > > >I may be a crazy person, but I think it's fun to jump out of the car in
    > > >free
    > > > roaming car games like Driver 3, and just walk around the city, once
    in a
    > > > while. Then perhaps blow up a couple of cars and hijack a bus if I'm
    in a
    > > > good mood.
    > >
    > > Cosmo Kramer you're not crazy at all -- that's where I'm coming from
    with my
    > > original list. All too often you have to resort to violence in games to
    > > have 'fun', but I just wanna chill, sneak around, go where I'm not
    supposed
    > > to, check out the sights, and truly explore another 'world'.
    >
    > Ah what we really need is a (cue old codemasters generic game names)
    > Professional Streaker Simulator. You get to run around a city at your
    > own pleasure. Then at some point in time you can throw off your clothes
    > and run though a crowd of people. Points are awarded for the amount of
    > screams and headlines in the local news papers, but you must avoid
    > getting nicked by the police. It could be a live game where you battle
    > for streaking rights to territories. At the end of each day the person
    > who scored the most in a district gains ownership. The aim - to become
    > master streaker of the city.
    >
    > Power ups include a dirty mac, fishnet stockings a floppy hat, fake
    > rubber breasts and a strap on rubber chicken to hang over suitable
    > areas. Female players can win a pair of cherries to place somewhere
    > suitable and an attractive collection of merkins :-)

    Now that sounds like a hell of a game. :o)
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox.games,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

    In article <0txJd.6004$IW4.124504@news2.e.nsc.no>, cosmo@kramerica.com
    says...

    > in a
    > in a
    > > >
    > > > Cosmo Kramer you're not crazy at all -- that's where I'm coming from
    > with my
    > > > original list. All too often you have to resort to violence in games to
    > > > have 'fun', but I just wanna chill, sneak around, go where I'm not
    > supposed
    > > > to, check out the sights, and truly explore another 'world'.
    > >
    > > Ah what we really need is a (cue old codemasters generic game names)
    > > Professional Streaker Simulator. You get to run around a city at your
    > > own pleasure. Then at some point in time you can throw off your clothes
    > > and run though a crowd of people. Points are awarded for the amount of
    > > screams and headlines in the local news papers, but you must avoid
    > > getting nicked by the police. It could be a live game where you battle
    > > for streaking rights to territories. At the end of each day the person
    > > who scored the most in a district gains ownership. The aim - to become
    > > master streaker of the city.
    > >
    > > Power ups include a dirty mac, fishnet stockings a floppy hat, fake
    > > rubber breasts and a strap on rubber chicken to hang over suitable
    > > areas. Female players can win a pair of cherries to place somewhere
    > > suitable and an attractive collection of merkins :-)
    >
    > Now that sounds like a hell of a game. :o)

    Heh, It could have potential as long as EA don't do it.

    Now if Ubisoft took it up , with their liberated french minds, I'd sell
    them the production rights for a free copy :-)

Console Gaming Games Video Xbox Video Games