Sign in with
Your question

Need opinions on build

Last response: in Systems
June 20, 2012 8:26:45 PM
June 20, 2012 8:43:26 PM

That is a lot of links to open...

Only looking at the prices, I'm pretty sure you could save a ton of cash and still get the same effective performance, but my guess is you may already know that.

What sort of display config do you have to drive with this?
a c 315 à CPUs
June 20, 2012 8:48:58 PM

1) I really like the GTX590, as expensive as it is for your build and circumstances. Start looking, they are hard to find.
It is a newer gen card that only requires a 650w psu.

2) I would look at a Seasonic X750 gold as a perfectly adequate top quality unit.

3) Few games use more than 2 or 3 cores. The extra 2 cores of the 3930K will be largely useless. A 3570K would be just as good at half the cost. That lets you buy any Z77 based motherboard at half the cost.

4) The Case is HUGE. You really don't need that much space for your parts. Even a M-ATX case would do. Buy it if you love the looks.

5) All in one liquid coolers are expensive, noisy, less reliable, and don't cool any better in a decently ventiilated case. I would opt for a Noctua NH-D14.

6) 1.5v ram does not need any heat spreaders. Als, faster ram than 1600 does not do much good on current intel cpu's.
Read this: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-...

7) On board HD sound is very good, at least to my tin ear. But, I am told by pro gamers that a good one can make a difference.
You could always install one later.

8) What will you use for a monitor? Will you be trying triple monitor gaming?
If you will use a single monitor, look at a 30" 2560 x 1600 monitor. It will gobble up all the savings identified above. But... it is one of the few future proof pc urchases you can make today.
a b à CPUs
June 20, 2012 11:15:10 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!