Solved

Would an Intel Pentium G620 bottleneck a GTX 650 Ti?

I want to see how future proof this CPU would be for me. Also would it be noticeable at 1360x768?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about would intel pentium g620 bottleneck
  1. SargeSparta said:
    I want to see how future proof this CPU would be for me. Also would it be noticeable at 1360x768?

There is no such thing as future proofing in the computer (and really anything with technology) world. If lets say you got an I5 now in about 12 to 18 months it will be "old" because Ivy Bridge E will be out. As for gaming with a Pentium G, it can handle most games just fine. What games are you playing at at what resolutions.
  2. No, it wouldn't bottleneck it. I know an i3-2100 can handle up to a GTX 670, so take away the hyperthreading and reduce the clockspeed. It can probably handle up to a 660 (maybe the Ti, too).
  3. 1360x768 is max supported by my TV that I use, so I use that resolution.

Battlefield 3

Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Halo 2

DOOM 3: BFG Edition

Crysis 3
  4. No your CPU will not bottleneck the GTX 650 TI at all, for your processor you experience bottlenecking when you go past an ATI HD 6870 or the Nvidia equivalent. Also about your resolution in your games if its at 1360x768 you should be able to max out a lot of games.
  5. Best answer
    You should be able to run all those games on high-max with your video card and processor with playable frame rates (30+ fps).
  6. Best answer selected by SargeSparta.
  7. Thank you all who replied in this thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gtx Pentium Bottleneck