frenzyvanrafi

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I have an mid-end video card Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti, but my friend explain to use this video card it must have an 2.8 GHz CPU clock speed and 4 GB RAM (DDR2 recommended), he said if I use GTX 550 Ti in Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2 GHz it doesn't balanced otherwise some component was damaged. He's also telling that his friend PCs was broken due mid-end/high-end GPU usages. Is okay I use GTX 550 Ti in 2.2 GHz? I was not understand and confused

Solution
That CPU will be fine with a 550ti

You may find in some games that your performance suffers due to the weaker CPU but you will be able to utilize the 550ti just fine.

A computer doesn't be come "broken" just because the CPU bottlenecks the GPU; the bottle neck just prevents you from reaching higher frame rates at higher game settings.

In my experience, the resolution at which you're trying to play has the greatest effect on your games performance on the hardware; although your mileage will vary depending on the game.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
That CPU will be fine with a 550ti

You may find in some games that your performance suffers due to the weaker CPU but you will be able to utilize the 550ti just fine.

A computer doesn't be come "broken" just because the CPU bottlenecks the GPU; the bottle neck just prevents you from reaching higher frame rates at higher game settings.

In my experience, the resolution at which you're trying to play has the greatest effect on your games performance on the hardware; although your mileage will vary depending on the game.

Solution

frenzyvanrafi

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012

Hmm... You right but, I also had use my GTX 550 Ti with cheapos PSU was work fine, after that my GTX 550 Ti borrowed to my friend and he gave me an GT 220 because he more attracted with good video card, later after I bought new modular PSU Thermaltake EVO_Blue (but actually they are old product and it looking good). Later after I bought new PSU, I tell to my friend when my GTX 550 Ti back to my PC then he said he will returning my GTX 550 Ti until he bought new video card however his PC broken. Maybe I think his PC broken because the power supply due it doesn't strong enough to powering my GTX 550 Ti (because my friend forgot thinking the power supply). And his power supply was cheapo PSU (I had saw it before).

frenzyvanrafi

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012

I had feel the bottleneck when I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2, the FPS too low even though low setting. But I play the NFS:Shift the FPS was okay (18-24 FPS) in high setting. I think he forgot to explain the bottleneck.