Help Reinstalling Help and Support

Reformatted HD and clean installed Win XP SP2 from disc. Everything seems
OK except for Help and Support. When you click Start/Help and Support, the
Help and Support page pops up (actually loads VERY slowly), but no matter
what topic you pick, the screen then blanks.

How can I fix/reinstall just the H&S routine?

BTW, this problem is on a Compac Presario. I have a Dell that will
reinstall/repair its own operating system, without using the system disc, by
rebooting and holding Ctrl/F11. Is this available on any mfg system, is a
just a Dell thing?

Not sure I'm on the right newsgroup - suggestions appreciated

Thx in advance
Dave
1 answer Last reply
More about help reinstalling support

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

    "Why doesn't Help and Support work?"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Dave" <djbahb@dcwis.com> wrote in message
    > Reformatted HD and clean installed Win XP SP2 from disc. Everything seems
    > OK except for Help and Support. When you click Start/Help and Support,
    > the Help and Support page pops up (actually loads VERY slowly), but no
    > matter what topic you pick, the screen then blanks.
    >
    > How can I fix/reinstall just the H&S routine?
    >
    > BTW, this problem is on a Compac Presario. I have a Dell that will
    > reinstall/repair its own operating system, without using the system disc,
    > by rebooting and holding Ctrl/F11. Is this available on any mfg system,
    > is a just a Dell thing?
    >
    > Not sure I'm on the right newsgroup - suggestions appreciated
    >
    > Thx in advance
    > Dave

Configuration Support Customization Windows XP