Best graphics card for setup

xJVlesmerized

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Hey guys building my first PC and was stuck on my graphics card choices. have everything chosen but a little confused as to which graphics card is the best for my PC. Would like to keep in the 200-400$ range and has to have at least one hdmi port. Nvidia preferred

AMD FX-8150 FX 8-Core Black Edition Processor -CPU

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H- MOBO

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply

16GB kit (4GBx4), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800 memory module

randomkid

Distinguished

Your motherboard have built in graphics but if you intend to do gaming, then indeed you need to buy discrete graphics card.
How many monitors do you intend to use & what are their available ports?
What are their resolutions ( ex 1920x1080 ) and what games will you play?

xJVlesmerized

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

i havent bought it yet but was intending to have an hd resolution so i needed an hdmi port on the card. i was concerned that the port was mini but found out theres an adapter

randomkid

Distinguished

Most new full HD ( 1920x1080 ) monitors have multiple inputs ( VGA, HDMI or DVI ). Almost all of video cards also have HDMI ports so connectivity will be the least of your problem.

For single monitor go for the AMD HD6870 or the nVidia GTX560. They should give you great performance on almost all games playing at 1920x1080 resolution. No need to get higher than these unless you want to play at extreme settings.

G

single gtx 480 would do.If you sli them i think you would need a good 850 watt psu.No sense in paying the same price for a 6870 when you can get a gtx 480