Disable files to Explorer.exe

Hello, Everytime I start my computer, Explorer.exe uses my Outlook.pst file
thus locking it up. Does anyone know a way of disabling or preventing
Explorer from using this file on startup? I looked in the registery and
msconfig but nothing Ive done has helped. Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about disable files explorer

    Unless your copy of explorer has been hit by some nasty, it's not explorer
    that's tying up outlook.pst. Other than Outlook itself, there are only two
    general classes of software (that I know of) that might open outlook.pst
    immediately post bootup. Those are anti-virus software and PDA hotsynch
    software.

    If you have a PDA, uncraddle it and/or disable AV software.

    --
    Walter Clayton
    http://www.dts-l.org

    "TimTheEnchanter" <TimTheEnchanter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:41440E4A-2E90-42CD-BD0A-F67846134BA3@microsoft.com...
    > Hello, Everytime I start my computer, Explorer.exe uses my Outlook.pst
    > file
    > thus locking it up. Does anyone know a way of disabling or preventing
    > Explorer from using this file on startup? I looked in the registery and
    > msconfig but nothing Ive done has helped. Thank you.

Configuration Explorer Customization Microsoft Windows XP