Sign in with
Your question

Asus Radeon 6870 to DVI to HDMI to TV not working?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 26, 2012 8:02:26 AM

I can't seem to get my HDMI to work. I'm using the stock adapter that came with the video card. My laptop can send HDMI just fine to this TV.

DVI>HDMI from my desktop to my TV was working until I installed the driver + Catalyst, now only DVI>VGA works. My drivers are updated and my TV is on the correct input.
April 26, 2012 4:11:49 PM

Strange.

Your 6870 dosen't have any HDMI outputs?
m
l
a b x TV
April 26, 2012 5:34:37 PM

Check in Catalyst Control Center to make sure your resolution and refresh rate are correct for your TV.

-Wolf sends
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2012 9:33:24 PM

no hdmi port,
2x DVI, 2x mini dp, dvi-dsub adapter, dvi-hdmi adapter

my current resolution is 1280x768, which is working fine for the dvi-dsub adapter.
when I boot my computer with dvi-hdmi plugged in, it displays the windows loading screen (with the green loading bar), in a very low resolution. I'm guessing 640x480. the screen goes blank when the user selection screen appears
m
l
a b x TV
April 26, 2012 9:42:20 PM

Definitely sounds like a resolution mis-match over the DVI ---> HDMI connection. Try booting into safe mode and see if you get the log-in screen. If so, open Catalyst Control Center and test various resolutions until you find one that works and is to your liking.

-Wolf sends

Edit:

Sorry. I should have added, when you find one that works, save it and reboot your system; allowing it to boot normally.
m
l
April 26, 2012 10:32:25 PM

friedrice821 said:
no hdmi port,
2x DVI, 2x mini dp, dvi-dsub adapter, dvi-hdmi adapter

my current resolution is 1280x768, which is working fine for the dvi-dsub adapter.
when I boot my computer with dvi-hdmi plugged in, it displays the windows loading screen (with the green loading bar), in a very low resolution. I'm guessing 640x480. the screen goes blank when the user selection screen appears

The screen goes blank either because the display can't handle the resolution it's set at(too high or too low), or something else.
m
l
April 27, 2012 7:27:48 PM

Okay I wasn't able to access catalyst in safemode, but I connected an LED display via dsub so that I could mess around with the settings with my TV as my 2nd display via HDMI. I tried pushing all the resolutions to the TV and nothing worked. I tried my Xbox 360 with both displays for testing purposes.

Desktop Radeon HDMI -> LED works with all resolutions (640x480 to 1920x1080)
Laptop HDMI -> TV works with all resolutions

Desktop Radeon HDMI -> TV is the only thing that doesn't work.

Basically everything in {Desktop, Laptop, Xbox} x {LED, TV} works except for (Desktop, TV)
m
l
!