Sign in with
Your question

Looking to build a new machine

Last response: in Systems
June 21, 2012 2:01:39 AM

just got d3 and it wont play at over 9fps so i realized it's time to update. i was tryin to stay in the $6-$700 range and come up with a decent gaming box. this is what i've come up with.

http://tinypic.com/r/2drcrqg/6

total comes to $742.92

any feedback? is this a good setup or is there a better mobo out there ( i need 5.1 ) ? just looking for opinions before i go buying everything, especially since i really didn't want to go over $700.

thanks

More about : build machine

a b 4 Gaming
June 21, 2012 5:14:34 AM

Can't access your link to see your selections , please list them in the post or fix the link.
m
l
June 21, 2012 6:01:29 AM

link fixed

thanks
m
l
Related resources
June 21, 2012 6:40:49 AM

the hdd had a promo of another $20 off right now so i ordered it already. new total for the whole build is $722.92
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 22, 2012 1:46:18 AM

The build looks good and should perform well , I would like to see a better video card but with a low budget it's hard and you can shop around to see if you can pick up a sale or rebate offer that would alow you to get a better video card. Do you live near a Micro-Center? They tend to have some really good prices and you may be able to save on all of the parts and leave the video card for last to see what you have left. You can also try partpicker online and see what it comes up with. A 7850 or 7870 would be good also a 560Ti.
m
l
June 22, 2012 3:14:54 AM

Yeah had the same thought about leaving video card til last to see if maybe i could afford something better. Is the Ti worth the extra few bucks from the regular 560? Also, I live about 40 minutes from a micro center it seems, never been there before. I'll have to take a trip down there and check it out. thanks
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
June 22, 2012 4:46:52 AM

The Ti model is defietly much better than the regular 560 and if it comes down to a choice between the two then the Ti would be the choice.
I have heard from different people who have posted here of some of the prices they have gotten from the Micro Center. A plan to consider would be to get some of your smaller costing parts online for as low as you can find and then head on over to the Micro Center for the higher priced items , cpu , video card , ram and power supply. Also make a list of what is the lowest price is that you can dind online for these items so you can compare prices. You could do that with all the parts if you wanted to. You can check thier prices online as well. You will notice that a lot of prices apply to in store only.

http://www.microcenter.com/specials/catalogs/index.html
m
l
June 23, 2012 7:32:56 AM

the cpu ended up being $40 cheaper at microcenter do i decided on a regular 560 instead of the se
m
l
!